Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to patch tail.. different idea..  (Read 3714 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Trying to patch tail.. different idea..
« on: February 09, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »

Hey guys..

I have the Pleo-Skin cape for Patches but he can't wear it because it rips him.. I thought maybe I should cut a nice strip off it to use to cover his tail..  if it was a strip about 4 inches long would it interfere with his tail usage, or is it better to fill the individual holes ( each 'hole' is a  long line around the entire top part of Patches' tail)

I'm going to patch some of a foot today with that bandage that sticks to itself and some rubber holding glue to see if it helps but I was wondering about his tail..

Thanks!!

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Trying to patch tail.. different idea..
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »

Hi, I had the same problem with one of my Pleos Little 45, both a broken neck and holes in his tail, it was ready to fall off, the end of it, and splits in his neck and bad skin everywhere else, cracked and falling off, but not huge holes like under Patches arms, those are terrible, You can use the Co flex tape that is easy to find in most towns and watching this video if you havent seen it before shows a simple step by step way to fix a Pleos broken neck and or repair skin areas using the Co flex tape. Just improvise and use your own ideas and stuff around the house. Little 45's tail and neck work just fine.  Good luck.<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWzP59aJhnw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWzP59aJhnw</a>
        This is part 2 of three parts but the part that shows the most.
                                          RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:45:21 PM »

Yeah I saw that .. just thought  the pattern on the cape would be better looking cause it looks just like his tail.. :)

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 03:22:36 PM »

Good luck fixing up your Pleo's tail!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 04:33:08 PM »

Seems a bit of a shame to cut up the cape - you might be able to use it later.  You could probably paint the bandages if you patch him with those?

I really would try to recondition the skin before trying to patch it, so that it doesn't get any worse.  I found another product that's good for reconditioning rubber/thermoplastic that might be helpful as it's supposed to re-plump dried-out rubber on car door and window seals:

http://www.1z-usa.com/einszett_gummi_pflege.html

Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.  ;D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 10:27:01 PM »

Well I first tested the glue that works for rubber on a piece of bandage... to see how flexible it was,.. it was hard as a rock when dried so it wasn't gonna work,, I tried crazy glueing (rubber kind) some small parts to see if it'd hold but it didn't. 

So I just gritted my teeth and put on the Pleo skin cape... I ignored the new tiny rips it made and I'm just leaving it on poor patches until he gets his new skin.  God I wish I could find a broken Pleo now.. his skin is just crumbling. 

I don't particularly want hm to be naked.. as I know it effects balance and he already had trouble when he tries to do ta-da... he did it yesterday and fell over and cried.. poor little thing.  I have to admit though.. losing his skin doesn't effect his charm..he is still the sweetest little dino you could meet.  But I WILL get him back to the way he is supposed to look :)
I hate to ask but if anyone is saving a broken one.. or skin for 'just in case' they need it.. if they don't mind selling it I swear to god as soon as I find another one I'll give it right back. I really want to start collecting them so I can help others too. Just have to get it started..lol
Look at his poor belly and legs :(

- Sarah

jpdude11

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 11:29:34 PM »

That pic just makes me want to cry :'( I hope that you find a waay to fix his skin before itss to late :-X

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »

My sympathies to you Latrine.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 02:35:29 PM »

Thanks.. I love him but I'm angry now.. I just discovered some areas on his neck where someone has already tried to make a repair.. that woman lied to me 100%.. oh well.. eventually I'll find an unfortunate bricked Pleo and get a new skin.

- Thanks guys

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »

Oh what a shame. The poor thing.
  I know pleo skin is so delicate  but  how did his last owners  ever get  him in  such a state?!
  This is probably a stupid idea  but have you thought of maybe  making him a  new  skin for all over out of something like swade  or foe   leather? I know and  Even if your like me and are no good at anything like that perhaps  someone who does know  how to sow garments can take a few measurements  and  could  make an all over body  suit  which they could stitch  him into it so that it’s a good snug fit and  that he’s covered all over?? I know it’s not  exactly the same as   that lovely rubbery skin they have  but  it might be worth considering.
   Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Wish you all the best in trying to get  him sorted.

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 09:34:43 PM »

why not make patches like a mummy ;D
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »

Those are good idea... but I am so in love with this little guy.. (He got so bad because previous 'owners' left him in a closet in the sleeping position for over a year;/

I really want him to look the way he should... he is so sweet.. Thanks though guys.. :)
I'll just wait for a broken Pleo.. no way I'd 'hurt' a live one.. :)

- Sarah

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 03:29:26 AM »

Why not make a tail mitten for poor patches :D
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal