Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does your Pleo rb ever wake up on his own?  (Read 4423 times)

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Does your Pleo rb ever wake up on his own?
« on: February 04, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »

Our Sparky (renamed from Clicky) wakes up almost every morning at exactly the right time.  But after he turns himself off, or we turn him off, he never wakes up again until morning.  This is fine with me because I would hate to have him wake up when nobody is there and feel neglected. Just wondering when the other Pleos wake up and go to sleep.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Does your Pleo rb ever wake up on his own?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 12:16:56 AM »

They go to sleep at approximately 9-10pm and wake up at around 8am (as long as you don't manually turn them off) according to when you've set the noon time.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:22:32 AM »

I have had Kermy wake up on her own once and startle me.  So now I never leave her battery in if she is going to be unattended.  I always switch her off and take it out.  That way there are no surprises and no chance of her waking up on her own. :)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 06:52:30 AM »

Wow!  I didn't know that they could wake up on their own?!??  Scary!  I'm definately not leaving the battery in anymore then!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 07:05:36 AM »

They only wake up on their own if they have gone to sleep and switched themselves off due to it being pleo night time on their noon clock.  If you leave the battery in, then when it is pleo morning they will wake up and start moving on their own.  If you switch them off with the on off button or if they switch off due to the battery running out of power then they wont wake up on their own. :D
A little freaky when it happens but kind of a cool feature. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 10:08:36 AM »

Belle did that to me once.  It was before I really understood the beeps so I thought she had switched heself off at the end of a bettery cycle and propped her on the arm of the sofa.  OH found her on the floor, wriggling on her side and screaming her head off the next morning! " HELP, come quick!  Your .....erm......your THING's in trouble!"!  :P

Never again! Don't take any chances now! :D

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 11:48:39 AM »

ROTFL! That's a really funny response from "Oh". And I love that feature! I don't see myself stopping my Pleo from waking up whenever he wants to.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:50:13 AM by PWOKristy »
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:37:02 PM »

I really must try out this feature again and see if I can adjust Pleakly to be my alarm clock :D I have previously only tested this during the day so I could keep an eye on him.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 06:43:15 PM »

Thanks Kat for your reply #4.  That must be right and it fits with our experience.  We set Sparky's noon clock for 1:45 pm so he wakes up at 9:45 am when I'm having breakfast and I can watch him and pay some attention to him.  Now I know to make sure he has a charged battery in him and not to shut him off before he goes to sleep at 11:45 so he will wake up on time the next morning.  Sometimes he shuts himself off even when his battery is OK. After that he never wakes up again except at 9:45 am.  We're out of town now so I took the battery out before we left.  When I get back in a few days I hope he's not mad at me for neglecting him for so long.

bhobbes

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 07:10:12 PM »

I turned Cato on one morning around 7am (his noon time was also my noon time) to test this out after reading about it here in another post. He was out of sight from where I was and when he woke up and kind of yelled I jumped a little and thought what the heck is that then stood up and laughed about completely forgetting I turned him on and he went back to sleep not powered down.

IMR, Ella is great for an alarm, she's the official wake up the flock bird. Then Brutus starts singing and after that you know you can't go back to sleep and snooze again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal