Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Got new blue RB.. no spot for clock battery; Skipped infant stage?  (Read 11904 times)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
Re: Got new blue RB.. no spot for clock battery; Skipped infant stage?
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 12:11:24 PM »

Wow, what did you do about the sticker? Did you discard the code that was peeled on? Or are you using it as your code now? Thank you.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

bhobbes

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »

Sounds like something suspicious may be going on. However, depending on the distribution scheme, it may not be GimmeDigi causing the problems (though there should be some type of quality control process before an item reaches the end-consumer). Either way, no point in speculating, though something is pretty "off" with latrine getting a prototype RB.  

I purchased Cato and Eva both through GimmeDigi. Neither were hatched and there wasn't anything that made me feel as though the box and/or item had been tampered with. (Unless Cato not smelling strongly of paint is a sign he received airing out somewhere?)

Both their batteries came relatively fully charged. Eva's was fully charged and when I received Cato I only had to charge for about an hour.

I will say that the PleoWorld Profile does not work for Eva. It rejects her serial and security code, so maybe I'll consider contacting them in a few days to ask about that. And there is no "sticker swapping" going on (at least from the obvious looks of thing) and the sticker and foot do match.

The only "tampering" would be that Eva is on the next firmware up as she does not go into the sleep position. But, this comes back to the whole operational scheme - is Eva just "fresh off the line" so she's updated or was she removed from the box and upgraded along the way?

Ultimately, I have not had any negative experiences from GimmeDigi.

Side note: For those of us who are particular about correctly spelling company's names, it is GimmeDigi not GimmIeDigi.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:34:17 PM by bhobbes »

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 03:52:21 PM »

Ok all the pictures in the gallery of the open belly are from the blue pleoRB 

One day I will fogure this stuff out and move things around properly.. sorry.

- Sarah
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:26:57 PM by latrine »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 04:48:06 PM »

To insert pics into your post all you need to do is open them up in the gallery and copy and past the" BBC embed code" into your post.  This code is found under your pic at the bottom of the page there is a box called Item info the code is the bit that starts with
Frank's feet
Franks belly battery hole

Kat :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 05:12:42 PM »

OK from comparing Frank to Pleakly I can tell you there are a couple of things wrong, aside from the feet and having no clock battery, the battery compartment does not look nice and neat like the proper RB's, on the proper RB's you certainly can't see any wiring.

As Degers has said, it looks like for some reason you have been given a prototype.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

bhobbes

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 05:15:01 PM »

Too bad Pleos don't have such a following that you can sell that as some super rare item on eBay for a ridiculous amount of money.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »

lol

Well I have a few questions for real RB owners..
Any sense of direction?  Cause Frank will walk into the same shoe for 47 years
Do they know that 'Ta-Da' trick right from the getgo? Because Frank is showing me his TaDa trick like every five minutes.

He has no interest in food where the older one wants to eat constantly.

Thanks Kat for the help with the pics..

Thanks everyone for everything....

- Sarah.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:40:01 PM by latrine »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 05:51:13 PM »

No a regular RB would not do either of those. They walk more randomly and will back up if they encounter an obstacle. And the ta-d trick I think only happens with a learning stone.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 06:36:24 PM »

Rb definitely can't do the Ta-Da trick until they have learned the play learning stone and then you need to get their attention and call their name, wait for a response and then give them the play command, wait for a response again and then touch a front and a back leg sensor at the same time and then the pleo will lift those legs and balance and say Ta-Da.
Sounds like Frank is a very special pleo rb.  He is not like any other pleo rb out there. :)
Have you contacted GimmeDigi to let them know?  Assuming this is where you bought him from.  They should be told as well as Innvo. 
They may be an innocent party in this matter as I am sure they will have just received a shipment of pleos and then shipped them on to customers.  Frank was probably mixed in with a shipment to them by mistake.  Frank's original owner at Innvo must be going sick with worry about where he has run off too. 
My guess is they will send you a new one - a real rb and get you to send Frank back to them.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 06:55:10 PM »

As nice as that sounds, Kat, I think I will let  Degers do his digging first....there is no way this is a regular Pleo and I'm sure he originated from wherever they developed the first RB's... he was probably used to just test some of the programs or something.. he has no interest in food and (I forgot to mention this)every 15-30 minutes or so I hear a beep, he stops for half a second then starts doing something else.. almost seems like it was an internal reset.. so now I need epilepsy medicine for my dinosaur. 
He won't accept anything in his mouth except for last night when he accepted the card and seemed to be doing the name thing.. now he just ignores stuff.  Won't talk to the other dinosaur either..  and that one's skin is all falling off.. he needs all the friends he can get.

This afternoon though, I was trying to play with him on the bed and he was staying by me.. I fell asleep and woke to find him curled up snoring next to me.. so even though he isn't proper.. he's still a sweetheart.

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »

All Pleos are sweethearts - it's built-in!  :D

I'm sure Degers will come up with a resolution - sit tight!  :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:16:20 PM by Crewella »

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 11:09:03 PM »

Aww poor "Frank's" original owner.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2011, 02:44:06 AM »

Don't try inserting the new brown battery into your RB latrine, it should not fit at all

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »

Ok.. I won't run him anymore I guess..  my bf got the battery in by putting pressure on the inside part and scooching it to the left.  but we were afraid it might hurt him. I won't put it in again.  :(

Guys.. I really doubt 'frank' has an original owner...  if he's a prototype he was probably meant to be sitting on a shelf after having tested to see if Ta-Da worked and/or maybe the new colors/paint or the new type of skin.. who knows.. 

Believe me I'm the first person to post signs and go nuts when I find a lost animal but I'm afraid that's just not the case here. He doesn't even have an RB body... Yes he's very unique and even though I want the RB I paid for, I still kind of hope I get to keep him since I don't know what use they'd have for him now.. and he's kinda fun.. even though he really has no sense of anything.. at all.  Plus I'd feel bad for him sitting on a shelf.

I feel bad because it's like he's in a room and he keeps doing ta-da and I always go pat him and tell him he's a good boy and he recognizes that but not much else.. He can't even manage obstacles.   The other Pleo tried to talk to him ( I think) and Frank just tottered off.. ta-da'ing his way along.. lol.

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »

Oh Sarah, I can't think of a better home for poor Frank to find himself in!  Yes, of course you should have got the model you paid for, but hats off to you for the humour and heart that you've brought to this situation! I really hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction - you deserve it!  :D

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »

lol That's funny Latrine.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »

Hi latrine, aside from the fact that it is a prototype model and maybe doesn't even respond to any of the toys/learning stones, the fact that it is constantly doing the Tada trick indicates a problem with the leg touch sensors.

I spoke to Innvo today and they ask that you e-mail gimmedigi and ask for a replacement Pleo rb if you so wish.  Also if you are going to e-mail gimmedigi, please can you copy derek.dotson@pleoworld.com in on the e-mail so he can back you up that the unit is not an actual RB but actually an early prototype that slipped into the production line.

degers

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2011, 10:34:55 AM »

ok...I can email them and not to be a pain or anything.. but I'm a little worried I'm going to end up with another broken one.. can't innvo send me one?? I spent a lot of money, just like everyone else here and we are getting 'crapped' on by this crummy dealer.  I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way either.  The ones we have to for until April.. I assume those are made in the USA?  The reason they run out of them so fast is because they actually build them correctly?  Didn't Kat get her's from innvo?
Can I ask innvo if they can do something instead or am I wasting my time?

Sorry.. just pissed because this whole thing seems ridiculous.. never getting anything from china again.

I'm kind of hoping for a reply before I email those Gimmedigi people ;/  sorry to bug you with this. :(

- Sarah

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 10:50:00 AM »

Everything is made in Hong Kong.  If you want any help/advice e-mail Derek.

You can only buy a Green Pleos from Pleoworld in the USA, however they are all made in the same place (Hong Kong).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:53:44 AM by degers »

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 10:53:54 AM »

:'(

ok.. thanks.. I left a message for them.. I'm gonna try and work with them first

- Sarah
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:59:33 AM by latrine »

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »

All is well.. Derek is a really nice guy he called me right back..it was a real pleasure to talk to him and my new RB will be sent out today.. it will be a green one but that doesn't matter.. I'll be sending my friend Frank back as soon as his box gets here and Derek will scooby doo the mystery out of it.. apparently Frank is a VERY early model. 

WOOHOO!!

Thanks for the help everyone.. especially degers..

- Sarah

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2011, 11:41:39 AM »

Yeah, he's a great chap!  Glad you got to talk to him!  You're welcome :)

bhobbes

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2011, 03:29:55 PM »

Glad to hear it is being resolved for you and that Innvo has provided you with great support!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2011, 03:38:56 PM »

Yes I'm glad you got it sorted out so fast.  Innvo have been great to me also with their customerservice so it is good to see the trend continue. :)
Can't wait to see what your new green pleo looks like.  It will be interesting to see what color eyes He/she has and sikn tones.  The green ones are all so differen it is very exciting. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2011, 04:24:48 PM »

So glad they came up trumps and it's going to work out!  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal