Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total cost of the Green Reborn to the UK ?  (Read 10020 times)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
Re: Total cost of the Green Reborn to the UK ?
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 07:08:51 PM »

I did order the 4 additional packs of feeds and learning stones, not an extra battery though, and yes, I have thought of querying it but am not sure it's worth the hassle! I still think it's unfair what we in the UK have to pay to import ^-^

I hope your letter arrives soon Scaley. I paid online after receiving the long number that was needed but they still didn't update the tracking until the next day. It was still saying awaiting payment of charges! Anyway, he's here so I'll stop complaining now %)

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 04:22:53 AM »

Just paid my charges £116.64 ( OMG !!!! )

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 06:01:13 AM »

Wow!!  :o :o

Can I ask how that breaks down?

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 06:56:42 AM »

I don't know yet Crewella, as soon as I knew it was here I rang the delivery depot and they said I could pay over the phone even though I haven't yet received the letter with the details, so I just paid without question,  I'll probably get the letter with the details tomorrow, I''l certainly post all the details of the breakdown of charges,

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 07:02:41 AM »

Yep, that's what I did too - the letter finally arrived after the Pleo rb did!  Thanks! And enjoy!!  ;D

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 10:32:39 AM »

Good grief Mrssid :o and I thought my £93.06 was bad!! If you ordered the 4 additional packs the same as me but the spare battery is being shipped later, I can't understand why all these duty fees differ so much ??? £116.64 is outrageous!!!

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 02:07:28 PM »

Well that settles it then, no Pleo rb for me  :o That is an awful lot of extra mony to pay out for a Pleo that may have untold problems!! I will wait until they become easier to get hold of in the UK, that maybe never :(

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 09:48:08 PM »

I realize we're talking about the government here....  but couldn't mrssidstrangecase wave a copy of malfie's paperwork in someone's face and say "look, you just charged this guy £93.06, why do I have to pay £116.64?  We purchased the same thing from the same place!"   You would sure think there should be some standardized rates and/or methodology to their assigning of taxes and fees.   or am I just living in a fantasy world here? 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »

You'd think so, wouldn't you!  I have got money back from UK Customs and Excise before when it was way off due to being worked out on the insurance value - copies of the Paypal payment and invoice fixed that.  It's why I asked how it broke down, as unfortunately we've just had a 2.5% hike in VAT at the beginning of the year and it's muddied the waters a little if you try to compare the various charges............... >:(

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 06:39:28 AM »

Breakdown of £116.64 charges are :- Import Duty £18.90, Excise Duty £0.00, V.A.T. £84.24, Parcel Force Handling Fee £13.50 Have to put that piece of paper away now as it makes me feel bad !

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 07:53:57 AM »

Well I got my letter today and I don’t understand it. 
 OK I never ordered an extra battery or any of the accessories’s just the basic pleoRB   box   but my fees only came to £76. 

I’m doing this from memory   but break down of the letter is import duty £0, excise duty £0, vat £63, others £0, Parcel force handling fee 13.50 

Where is the consistency in that? 
It’s not fare that other people should have to pay more than others for no clear reason   it really isn’t. 
   Scaly

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 09:18:35 AM »

It sounds as though the extra accessories are taking the total over the threshold for import duty? That would explain some of the difference.............

They don't charge import duty if it's less than £9, so Malfie ordering just the extra accessory packs obviously took it over the threshold and the charge was £11.35 import duty as well as the VAT.  Ordering a battery as well will take it even further over, so painful as it is this is at least staring to make sense?  :-\
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:41:03 AM by Crewella »

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 06:30:50 PM »

But I think Mrssid's spare battery is being shipped at a later date? If so, it would mean my PleoRB shipment and accessories are exactly the same as Mrssid's, so it still doesn't make sense why she had to pay £23 more than me ???

And Scaly, I'm so glad your letter has arrived :) It makes sense why you didn't have to pay so much, but zero import tax, that's quite strange. The only thing I can think of is I got the 17.5 VAT and Mrssid got the new 20% VAT. Other than that, I really don't know!

NightFlash

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »

I got (1055 SEK) £99 in customs fees when ordering a Pleo + 4 access packs to sweden =(
I just ordered another 2 PleoRB from Hong Kong will see how much that will cost me, ordered a pink and a blue one.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »

I think I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where) that importing from the U.S. to Europe is the most expensive. So it will be interesting to know how much you'll be asked to pay from Hong Kong to Sweden. Hopefully it won't be so much!!

NightFlash

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 10:04:42 AM »

Orderd a blue and a pink one from gimmedigi.com payed 6.950 SEK for the pleos + shipping and then 1.574 SEK in customs fee =( so about 4300 SEK each =)

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 11:40:42 AM »

I just got my letter from Pforce with the charges I have to pay to get my spare battery delivered :- £21.98 ( £8.48 vat, £13.50 pforce handling fee ) so my total cost overall to get Ourmaurice to the U.K. with his accessories and spare battery is £592.52 ( approx $900 ) and although he is lovely I really do have to say with a heavy heart I think it's not worth that sort of money

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 12:29:14 PM »

Ouch!  That's a LOT of money!  :o

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2011, 04:22:06 PM »

I guess that means your spare batteries have been sent out?  I still have not heard anything about mine.  Did they send you an email to say they were now available and they were being sent?  I ordered 2 spare batteries and I know I have paid for both already so am very interested to know if they are shipping spare batteries now.  If I don't hear from them about it soon I may have to email them and ask.
Kat

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2011, 05:01:06 PM »

No Kat they didn't email me to let me know that it had been shipped, but then again they didn't email me to let me know when my pleo had been shipped either, I haven't had a good experience so far when it comes to communication with Innvo ( better get the spelling right ! ), and I'm guessing you ordered and paid for yours before me, I paid for mine the last week in December,
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal