Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm getting a Pleo reborn  (Read 6726 times)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
I'm getting a Pleo reborn
« on: January 28, 2011, 11:35:09 PM »

I'm gonna get myself a Innvo Labs Pleo! Dino Lover private messaged me asking if I wanted his. $425. I'm glad he asked me. Green-eyed Pleo. I'm saving alot of money than if I was to wait 'til April for the re-stock of Pleos. http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album&id=149 He put up some pictures of it. Dino Lover's Pleo got banned from his work. It drew too much of a crowd/got too popular. So he had to put it back up for sale. He saw my post that I wanted a 2010 Pleo. Honestly I wish it had exotic eyes (like pink or white). But it is a great deal. I'm gonna buy at least 1 accessory pack for the Pleo. I want the ice for Summer and the sugar cane for plenty of sweets for it/snack time (not enough to make it sick! lol ).

And I'll be monitoring closely for any problems. I'll definitely E-mail Innvo Labs if I do get any problems. He said it had 5 battery cycles. So it'll already be a Juvenile. He said that it has no holes or wear on its paint. For the Pleo's personality, he told me that it doesn't eat much. That it likes to walk around/explore and it likes to talk. And is very much into being rubbed and hugged. I'm looking forward to the Pleo! I wouldn't mind giving alot of videos of when I get it. But I have no idea how to upload videos to like You Tube for example. And I paid for the Pleo. He needs to send it now.

Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: I'm getting a Pleo reborn
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 12:22:33 AM »

Hi, I am very happy for you , I know this will be a great Pleo for you, I will be happy to show you how to upload videos to Youtube, It was difficult for me at first, but now it is very easy and lots of fun. You did get a great deal and one that was well taken cared of and sounds like he has a great personality to boot! You will be having a hard time waiting to get him, but it will be well worth it when he arrives. Congratulations! ;D
                               RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 12:33:59 AM »

Thank you alot! :-D I appreciate your response to my topic. I'm glad you'll show me how to upload videos to You Tube. Thank you! :-D Personally, I'm more of a video taker than a camera shot taker. hehe I'm glad you like his personality! Great! >:-D Yes, I will! You know it Redwoods! I can't wait too long for him! >.< lol Indeed! lol And again, thank you! >:-D
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:42 AM »

Congratulations PWOKristy!   ;D  It's great that you are getting a RB.  And great that Mojo is getting a new home where he can be loved and played with.
Are you going to keep the name Mojo or give him a new name?
Uploading videos is very easy.  All you need is a youtube account.  Then just click on the upload video button and choose the video file from your computer and click upload.  Then wait for it to be done.
Can't wait to see videos when he arrives to you. :)
Kat

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 02:25:54 AM »

Thank you alot Kat! :-D You can say that again! :-D lol Honestly I don't know about the name. How do I get a video from like say a camera to the computer? What do I do? I'm sure I need some kind of transfering equipment to do so. I gotta buy something I think. Video cameras can't auto-write footage to computers (yet). lol I don't know. Awwww I'm glad you're looking forward to the videos! :-D Dino Lover said that my payment to him'll be cleared on Tuesday. I don't know when he's gonna send it. I asked him. And how soon after its Noon time does the 2010 Pleo go to sleep at? Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:37:27 AM by PWOKristy »

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 02:51:38 AM »

I think they go to sleep about 6 hours after "noon"  but I'm not totally sure as i haven't paid much attention to the times before I just know if you try to play with them when they think it is the middle of the night then they will only run for a few minutes before switching themselves off.   :)

As for your video camera it depends on the camera as to what you will need.  Some cameras use a disk to record the video which you can then just take out and put into your computer but others use digital recording which you will need a camera cable to connect your camera to the computer. 
Your camera should have come with this cable.  But if you need to buy one then take your camera to the shop with you so you can make sure you get the right one to fit.
Hope this helps.
kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 05:59:55 AM »

Congrats PWOKristy!  Great news - can't wait to see your pics!  :D

My camera saves pics/videos to a card that I can just take out and put in my computer to transfer files, but as Kat says, some cameras need a cable.  Good luck!  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »

Congratulations :) I find that Pleakly (who's clock is set for noon in my time) gets sleepy around 9pm, and he starts to get really cranky at 10pm if I keep waking him up ;)

Cameras with removable storage cards are the best because you can add extra storage at any time and it is easier to put the files on your computer.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »

Update: Dino Lover got back to me some time last night. He's gonna ship the Pleo on Monday! So the earliest/best time I'll get it at is Tuesday! I don't know what shipping speed he's sending it at. I wont get the tracking number 'til towards the evening, after he comes home from work. Thanks alot for your replies Kat, Crewella and Romeo! :-D Ah 6 hours after their noon time and they auto-wake up at 6 hours before that (I remember from a message from you before Kat). Thank you. ^_^ I heard they don't stay up too late after their sleep time from Pleo members here. ^_^ lol The video camera that we have here is a really, really old model. lol It uses little cassettes (That's how old it is!). lol I'd need a camera cable. Hmm I'll check to see if it came with it some time.

I could use my cell phone to auto-upload videos to You Tube. That's alot newer than the old video camera we have. But it wouldn't be crystal clear like you see on most of the Pleo videos here. I might ask for a new video camera for like Christmas or some time this year. I'm glad you're looking forward to my Pleo footage Crewella! ^_^ And thank you! :-D And hm I see it can really vary when a Pleo gets tired after its Noon time Romeo. Thank you for the advice.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 02:37:27 PM »

I don't know if you can even upload from a camera that old! If you can I bet it isn't as simple as the one click uploads for my digital camera  ???  I would say that you might be better off sacrificing some quality and use your phone, it is likely to be considerably easier.

Edit: You can pick up an ok digital camera for $50 these days, it doesn't need to be a video camera, almost all normal cameras these days can take videos. My dad has a $70 one which takes perfectly fine videos, and great pictures.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:40:38 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 03:28:13 PM »

ROTFL! Dang it! >.< Too bad. My parents have a dinosaur of a video camera. >X-D lol I definitely want a video camera some time this year. lol Hmmm I'm looking at the Best Buy web site. I see mini-camcorders are less expensive than like the "standard" camcorders. Are mini-camcorders just as good as regular video cameras? Picture quality-wise. :-/ Thank you! I could afford a mini-camcorder sooner than the "standard size" video camera. Yup, very easy to use your cell phone for You Tube uploads. You just E-mail your video to the unique E-mail address that they give you. Thanks for the added stuff/your edit. What do you recommand a digital camera or a mini-camcorder? Would it make any difference? I appreciate your opinions!

I'm glad almost all digital cameras can take videos nowadays. Digital cameras are cheaper than mini-camcorders by the way. And by the way (I reached the 3 private messages an hour limit) that's great that you have been doing so Romeo! I can imagine double-takes from people! lol What do they usually ask you about your Pleo(s)? I wanna know ahead of time for when I take mine outside! lol
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:33:54 PM by PWOKristy »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 04:18:31 PM »

I'd choose a digital camera with video capabilities over a mini camcorder. At least you can use the camera to take pictures as well :) The image quality of both is probably about the same. Just make sure before you buy that the camera does have video capabilities, and go for the best optical zoom and mega pixels that you can afford. Ignore digital zoom. My current camera is 10 mega pixels and 12 optical zoom, but my old camera was 4 mega pixels and 3 optical zoom which was just fine, took nice clear video and pictures. I currently have to edit my videos to make them smaller and less clear or they are too big to upload to you tube so sometimes older is better ;)

The number one question I get asked when taking Pleo's out in public is 'Is it real?' lol usually followed by 'Where can I get one?', and then 'how much?' People tend to only come and take a look if they are interested :) I also carry some blank business cards with me so I can scribble down this site and PleoWorld for people who are really interested.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 05:48:05 PM »

If it helps, I have a 6 year old Sony camera that I didn't even realise COULD take video footage until I came on here and needed to film Pleos!  :D

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 07:25:50 PM »

Thank you guys. Good choice Romeo. ^_^ I'm glad they're about the same. Cool. Okay, will do. Lots of optical zoom settings and mega pixels check! I may have to do that with whatever camera that I'll get. lol Of course they'll only check Pleos out if they're interested. :-P Funny first question people ask. lol Are some people put off by the 2010 Pleo's expensive cost? What's their usual reaction to the cost? I'm curious. Thank you. I'll need to do that myself too about something to pass out information on.

Edit/update: (he's sending it on Monday) I'll get it in about 4-5 days.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:39:22 PM by PWOKristy »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 01:38:52 AM »

Some people do baulk at the price... until I tell them how much an Aibo or a Genibo is :P I also tell them that due to Aussie exchange rates, the Pleo RB's are almost the same price as the original Pleo's were here!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 02:36:58 AM »

Aah I see. Yeah those 2 things are really overpriced. I hate the price for those 2 robots. Wow, I see. Lucky you! lol But I'm glad most people think the price is reasonable. I'll either get my Pleo on Saturday or all the way 'til Monday (Fed Ex doesn't do deliveries on Sundays).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 04:32:08 PM by PWOKristy »

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »

Update: On tracking it, my Pleo got bumped up to this week for a delivery. It says on Friday. The old estimated delivery date used to be next week, on Monday. And I have a question. Can a standard SD card work for the Innvo Pleo? Or does it have to be a micro SD card? On their official web site, the user's manual says standard SD cards will work successfully with Pleo Reborn. Thank you!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »

Pleo rb will only take a micro sd card there is no hole for the standard sized one.  Can't wait till your pleo arrives and you post video or pics for us. :)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »

Dang it, more money I have to spend some time. Okay. Thanks alot Kat! :-D

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »

Has anyone seen any card readers out there that take micro SD cards?  Ours only takes standard SD cards.  You will love your pleo rb.  I am on the second battery and she is wicked cool!  It really is the most amazing piece of technology. I am thrilled with my purchase. I would love to post some pics.......can someone explain how to do that?  Thanks!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 05:38:58 PM »

Please forgive the Ebay link, but it's the easiest - I got a couple of these type and they seem to work fine.  Useful for stashing those tiny cards, as well!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Integral-MicroSD-MicroSDHC-USB-Memory-Card-Reader-/260661360644?pt=UK_Photography_MemoryCardReaders_RL&hash=item3cb0a0b804

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 06:25:42 PM »

Thank you! I know I will. >:-D That's great that you are. ^_^

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 07:23:22 PM »

Micro SD card to SD card adapters are the cheapest option, plus as an added bonus you can use the the micro SD card as a regular SD card.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 09:42:39 PM »

Wow... Congrats on getting your new Pleo.. hope it gets there soon!!!!!

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 08:41:54 PM »

Thank you Sarah! I got some things for my Pleo today. $70 digital camera, 12 megapixels and 3 optical zoom, a year old. A food accessory pack. The 1 with the ice for Summer and sugar cane for snacks. A micro digital card that I hope works for it. And an egg charger for my older, Ugobe Pleo. It came with a bad battery. I can only get like 23 minutes outta it max fiddling around with the charger. Will a Micro Secure Digital High Capacity (SD HC) disk work or no? Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal