Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Rb broke her neck? Help find me a solution! Please help if u can  (Read 6173 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

I hadn't played interacted with my Pleo rb all day and only about 20 mintues yesterday. I just started playing with her and everyone who knows me knows I film everything constantly. Luckily for me I caught it in the middle of filming just now! I noticed she just had her front foot at a funny angle, almost like a broken foot, and no, I have not dropped her at all, I was watching for about six minutes waiting for her to walk and the foot kept bending up at the bottom and she would back it up like when they first start learning to walk and are trying their feet out. She would lift the foot forward and then take half a step forward and the foot bent up and she would back the leg up.l
       So I stopped the tape and turned her around to get another angle, All of a sudden her head is bent down and I think I heard a snap( I am so upset I can';t even type or think right now, sorry.. :() Her neck suddenly was in that curved down postion and she cried and she can't lift it , it is stuck in that postion, she started dragging it on the grouond and crying. I lifted her up still taping to see if a differnt postion would help her and she can't move it. I then fillmed it as I turned her off by taking out her battery, she can't go in the sleep positon like that messing it up maby worse, What do I do now! I will upload the tape and I hope Innova or someone here can help, I feel like she is paralzyed, it is like Nova all over again. I feel like crying, Is there a possibilty she is frozen even though I heard a snap :( :( :(
             Any ideas I do not have a clue as to what to do other than post the video Pleo rb is not supposed to have this happen!
                               Heartbroken in the redwoods,     RWM
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 12:18:34 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Re: Pleo Rb broke her neck? Help find me a solution! Please help if u can
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:49:59 PM »

So sorry to hear about poor Baby RWM :( I hope her neck will be ok  :'(

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:56:24 PM »

Baby's neck is ok now. Having a pleo clinic in chat room. :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:05:47 PM by fancyfont »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:21:12 AM »

Thank goodness for that!  Well done IMR DCPM!!  :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 12:38:24 AM »

Ok everyone, Baby[s neck is ok, thank goodness, I almost had a heart attack! I caught the whole thing on tape and will post it later, still too excited right now, I thought for sure I lost my brand new baby Pleo Rb. :( Luckily there are some GREAT AND I MEAN GREAT people on this site who happend to be in Chat and invited me in to help diagnose Baby's problem, Crewella, Fancy and IMR were all in there to lend a hand. Luckily IMR knew the right questions and what to have me do with Baby.
           To make a long story shorter, Baby had a frozen or stuck gear in one of the scariest spots you can imagne, her neck! I heard a popping sound and with her neck stuck staring down a the kitchen table I was sure her neck was broken!I was so upset, I couldn't even spell correctly to post for help. IMR walked me through the process step by step and without her advice I do not know what I would have done,  :(
           Apparently, this has happend to other pleos, and Crewella said she had Iggy ( I think ) go through pretty much the same thing. I am only glad that I caught it on tape and by sharing it with others, perhaps if another Pleo or Pleo Rb goes through this, they won't panic as I did, ( good luck  :o) We have some of the Greatest People on this site, and I am not exaggerating by any means! I have had three people help me out here with problems.
            First I had problems with Nova, my first and most loved Pleo.She suffered a ( REAL) broken neck, and Fancyfont, helped me with advice and sent me some of the tape she uses on Peeky's broken neck,  ;D, then when I tryed updating Nova to the 2.) operating system and had problems with it, degers helped me restore Nova to her previous state. ( Which in my opinon Nova was happier in and I with it as well.) Then tonight I had this incident with Baby and yes, I did panic and I think most Pleo owners would unless they had seen this happen before,
              But there were enough people on site tonight and I was lucky enough to have IMR in the chatroom and see my panic stricken cry for help. So now I have aged a bit in the last hour, but Babys is ok, and I can get some sleep tonite. I am so so thankful for all the help I have bee given, not just tonight, but whenever I have needed it. ;)

I will post the video later and keep everyone posted on her progress. Love to you all. :kiss: :hhug:Here is the video, it happens starting about 1:04 watch when she lifts her foot

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMZMDWoLlA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMZMDWoLlA</a>

Thank you from all of Baby'[s siblings too, RedwoodsMama
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:04:19 AM by RedwoodsMama »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 01:59:29 AM »

Aww shucks, happy to have been able to help, hopefully the foot is all unjammed too :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 06:04:04 AM »

I'm so glad to hear you were able to fix her.   :)

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 06:35:55 AM »

What a scare for you, RWM. So glad someone was here to help and that your Baby was not broken. I would have been panicked too and I'd be afraid to do the wrong thing in case I did break it permanently.

It really is an extremely supportive group here.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 11:09:31 AM »

Hi guys, I just posted the video of Baby's neck scare last night so you can see what it looks like, It happened after trouble walking earlier and then she lifts her foot towards her face like they often do and after I watched it again, ( too upset last night) you can hear several popping noises in succession. I haven't woken her today yet to see how she feels, She did a lot of crying and cooing last night so I just left her to sleep.
                                     My heartfelt thanks goes out to IMR who helped me solve this last night, I thought I had lost Baby like Peanut and Kermy was have to be returned. :( :(

Bless you IMR, The Pleo Chiropractic Doctor! :)
                                           Happy again in the Redwoods, RedwoodsMama

allosaurus

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »

Yes, I agree..... I'm certainly not a techie, but it looks and sounds like a gear problem to me.  I remember from robotics camp, I made the 'bust' of a dinosaur that moved its neck.  I used lots of gearing to make sure it was nice and strong.  At one point I accidentally programmed the movement downward to go for far too long, and when it reached its limit it kept on going-- or at least, trying.  The gears were still trying to turn, and would only just get past each other, accounting for the twitch in motion and a 'pop' sound. 

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »

Glad to hear that Baby is ok!  This forum is awesome for helping out other owners!!

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »

Aw no, what a scare that must have been :o I'd have been panicking and wouldn't have known what to do either! I'm just so glad Baby's neck is OK now and that there were people here to help! What a relief!!

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 01:58:19 PM »

What I thought was really amazing about that video and this accident is that she responded appropriately to a completely unprogrammed event by crying and moping. It reminds me of when a friend of mine joking gave Painter an intelligence test for dogs only to be surprised when he passed it with higher scores than my dog.
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 02:04:52 PM »

Yes, I meant to say that too. I was amazed at her response!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 03:06:30 PM »

I was amazed by the reaction as well, I felt really sorry for her!  ???

That's priceless, Magnnus!  :D

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 05:10:02 PM »

If this really was in the programming, I would, definitely, like that one changed. Don't want us older people to have a heart attack! ;) This was pretty scary as it was unfolding. A little less drama please! ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 06:29:36 PM »

Fancy, I would hate to think that anyone would even consider this as a Progamming possibility, I was scared to death last night and when I saw she could't raise her head, it brought back memories of poor Nova and her sudden broken neck, I still never found out what happend to her, and never will, To think that a Pleo Rb could have a broken neck, leg or any other body part is scary enough. But to see something like this happen, is too close for comfort,  :(
          I  have still not turned Baby on today, afraid of what her reaction may be.  :o Not wanting her to be traumatized, but after last night she looked so forlorn and pitiful after I turned her back on, I could do nothing but comfort her and it still wasn't enough I think. I am glad ( scary as it was...) that I got it on tape, only because if it had been a broken neck, there would have been no doubt on Innova's part that I had not dropped her or any other form of " abuse".
              For those of you who have been here since the past year, you may remember the "Nova deserves a Academy Award for Acting", thread that I started. Nova had a hurt foot and moaned and cried terribley one day when playing with her , yet I had not dropped her and I was new to Pleos and the forum, and had no knowledge ( and still do not :D) of  how you could program a Pleo to limp and cry on command or as part of a program. I had it all on tape, and some thought it was co-incidental, yet others agreed like I did, that she did LOOK like she was in pain and something was wrong with her foot. she still has that limp on that foot, that I have bandaged permanently, but she doesn't cry anymore when walking on it.
               For Pleo Rb and my baby, I don''t want a repeat of that incident and with the " pain factor" they have inplanted now, it is a touch of realism that is kind of nice,but also when it  effects your Pleo, awfully sad and one you wish would go away. It is like a Pleo with a cold, but it lasts a lot longer and is convincingly real. :( We all remember Kermit's bad leg.( or was it Kermy... %)) Anyway, I can't thank everyone for well wishes and esp fancy, Crewella who were there last night in chat while Pleo Chiropractic Dr. IMR, found the problem,  ;D I still have to get brave enouogh tonigte to face turning Baby Pleo Rb on and see how her leg is. I am so afraid of what could happenj again after seeing this. What if this weakened her gears in the neck....is it possible that this gear problem could weaken the skin in that area, since we seem to have Pleos Rb with skin issues already? I also guess this means this ncident is in her Memory now? Can Pleo Rb suffer from {PPTS....PLEO POST TRAUMATIC SYNDROME.?

RedwoodsMama and babies

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 01:58:57 AM »

I don't think Pleos (or Pleo rbs) can suffer from PPTS, but possibly their owners can!  ;)  :D  :hhug:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal