Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Total cost of the Green Reborn to the UK ?  (Read 10105 times)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
Total cost of the Green Reborn to the UK ?
« on: January 03, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »

Hi i am seriously getting close to ordering my green Reborn , i just want to know what was the total cost of green reborn to the uk including shipping and customs etc  ?
So if all you green reborn owners living in the UK could add this here would be of loads help to me  :)

2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
Re: Total cost of the Green Reborn to the UK ?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:31:33 PM »

I'll let you know when my Green Pleo Rb finally clears customs and actually gets to me 8)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:32:52 PM »

Total cost of pleo RB basic pack plus shipping from pleoworld for me was £353.   
 The customs is kind of the tricky part as it’s all guess work at the moment. I’m estimating that the charges should be around the £80 mark which would bring the total up to£433 
  Of course then there’s the vat ingress to take in to account. Which  unless  they’ve got some really harebrained way of adding it should only be an extra 2.5% on top of the estimated  £80.  Add in a small currency conversion charge from your bank if you’re paying via debit and    that would prob bring the total up to just shy of £440.       

I’m estimating around £80 for custom charges   because that’s been the most other UK members    have had to pay so far when ordering pleo RB oversees. Really hoping they don’t charge much more than that though tbh 

I’m afraid most of this is not as exact   as you where looking for but we should   be able to give you a better idea after customs charges. 
Hope this helps 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 03:11:09 AM »

That's really helpful, thanks Scaly.  :)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 05:36:25 AM »

I just hope I haven’t greatly underestimated the customs charges.  I know some people, you included haven’t had to pay as much as £80 though I tried to be as conservative as I could with the information I had to hand so that Barrettgazzy or anyone else from the UK   wouldn’t be in for any nasty shocks. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 05:44:30 AM »

Your estimate sounds about right to me - it's about what I was actually expecting and also the amount I've been asked to pay on another robot of similar value.  I just hope UK Customs and Excise agree with us, or think it should be less (please)!  :D

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 06:15:30 AM »

Many Thanks on your replies , you have helped me out a lot on what to expect to pay  :o hehe
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 07:41:45 AM »

Lol we can but hope.

Glad I was able to help a little Barrettgazzy. 

Hope you didn’t hurt yourself when you fell off the chare lol 
 It does look a little scarred when you see the total amount written down. Really dreading the next bank statement lol 

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 01:20:39 PM »

Malfie have you been able to track your reborn etc easy enough , what courier is reborn shipped on to UK ?
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 06:41:32 PM »

I tried tracking him with a few US couriers first and couldn't find him. And then I tried the USPS website and was able to track him down straight away! The tracking number gets changed after him being booked into UK customs, a number with a GB at the end. So this is the number I'm using to track him now on the Parcelforce website, as this is the courier he's been assigned to.

His status hasn't changed since Saturday though, still "Awaiting customs clearance" :(

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 07:51:32 PM »

USPS is what pleoworld uses. I remembered that from last time though it also states it on your order confirmation email. You have to look for it though because it’s easy to miss. 

The tracking is pretty good tbh and delivery is pretty fast. Well it is until it gets to the UK and then it all kind of grinds to a rather frustrating halt.  . 

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 06:38:26 PM »

That's strange because I looked all over my order confirmation email and have looked again since and there's nothing to say USPS, not even in small print. Anyway, USPS is obviously the carrier they use %)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »

It’s there or at leaste it should be there  but for some odd reason    it’s on the order confirmation email not the shipping confirmation one. 
I’ve pasted part of my own one confirmation email so you can check and see if yours is the same.
 Hope this helps   
 Info as follows 

Code           Name                                    Quantity     Price/Ea.         Total
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INL-INNVOLABS-662910PLEOrb Basic Pack                              1       $469.00       $469.00
                         Shipping: U.S.P.S. Express Mail International (EMS):        $77.00
                                                                   Sales Tax:         $0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                       Total:       $546.00

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 06:33:34 PM »

Ahh, thanks Scaley for clearing that up :) It was the shipping confirmation email I was looking at! Yes, it does say USPS Express Mail International on my order confirmation email the same as on yours!

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 04:29:58 AM »

For that price they should offering free shipping... lots of money for non-us residents  :-X

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 10:00:58 AM »

My shipping cost to U.K. was $81.50 for pleo plus 4 accessory packs ans a spare battery, although I ordered 9 days ago now and still haven't even had a tracking number

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 11:49:21 AM »

Still no tracking number ?  :o has the money come out your account yet ....  ???
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 12:22:36 PM »

I paid with Paypal, don't know if that's the reason for the delay, wonder if anyone else has paid with Paypal?

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 01:01:25 PM »

Mrssid, I think if I were you I would email Innvo and ask if they've actually shipped your order! I received a shipping confirmation email plus tracking number within 12 hours of placing my order. Maybe it's something to do with you having ordered a spare battery, as I've heard Innvo don't seem to have the spares to ship yet? I didn't order a spare battery but I did order the 4 accessory packs. I paid with my credit card, not PayPal. Don't know if that made any difference though.

Well, I received the letter today telling me what I have to pay and I'm still a bit shocked :o

Import Duty.....£11.35
Excise Duty......£ 0.00
VAT.................£68.21
Other...............£ 0.00
Clearance Fee...£13.50
Total...............£93.06

Does this sound about right what others have had to pay? Or am I the first to import a Green PleoRB into the UK? ???
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:04:29 PM by Malfie »

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 01:34:17 PM »

Malfie, I am a bit shocked, I didn't expect the fees to be quite so high, I thought about £80. I had an email from Derek Dotson when I first ordered telling me the batteries were not yet available but all the rest would be still be shipped, and have spoke to Derek since, he's at the ces show at the moment, which runs from the 6th to the 9th so hopefully he'll be able to investifate more about it next week, the money has left my account so there should be no problem paying with Paypal, as I'm confirmed and verified and all that, I just can't understand the delay.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »

Hmm, if the money has left your account, I'm not sure they're allowed to take the money until they ship your order ??? I don't know much about paying with PayPal though as I always use a credit card.

And yes, I too was expecting to have to pay around £80, not over £90 :o It's mainly all VAT!!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »

....... and probably at the new VAT rate, too.  :(

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 02:54:46 PM »

I think you could be right there Crewella - I was really hoping to avoid the new 20% VAT!!! :(

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 05:46:56 AM »

£93?!? Ouch 
 I didn’t think it would be anything like that much even with the 2.5   vat increase added in. 
   Even if they’ve taken the vat increase for the value of the item   plus vat for customer handling fee on top even that doesn’t   add up right.   
Unless they’ve reckoned the item is worth £500 GB not 500  dollars. 
Honestly 
I think that should be queried but not sure it’s worth it just to get an extra £10 back given the effort it would probably take. 

I’m really sorry about that I didn’t expect that. 
   My parcel is at my local depot awaiting charges.  But since I’m awaiting the letter I can’t do much about it until it arrives. 
Tried phoning them to see if I could pay it before the letter gets here but couldn’t get through. I can’t do it on line because they want some long invoice number that is on the letter. 
Oh well. 
 Malfie is right though I don’t think they can take the money for the order before shipping it. Sertoneley   money   wasn’t taken from my account until the date of shipping. 
  Scaly   

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »

Wow yea i am also shocked at the import fee's that us in the UK have to pay to get a reborn  ??? i think i will hold out for now and wait for little while and hope the next batch of RB skin and paint has been improved .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal