Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Help my pleo rb  (Read 10979 times)

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
Help my pleo rb
« on: January 02, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »

I seriously need help here. My pleo rb has not been happy at all for the last week. I've played with him every day, and I only think I've seen him happy for a total of half an hour or so. I've fed him every day at noon, and give him plenty of attention; all he does is scream and groan. He won't play tug-of-war or learn his name; I'm not even sure if he's on stage three yet. Am I doing something wrong? I don't think I can take this much longer; I want to play with him or watch him explore, but all he does is scream at me.

Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Help my pleo rb
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 02:59:39 PM »

Hi, sorry to hear of your problems,  :( Is it possible that he has been injured, does he scream all on his own, or when you touch him? Is there a child that may have dropped or bumped him in your home when you were not around to see it happen? ( or even another adult, a friend or someone visiting perhaps) What would be helpful to diagnose is if you could video tape him from the time you turn him on for perhaps a minute or two to see if someone can pinpoint anything unusual about his bodylanguage etc. I cant really say what it is without more symptoms and a video, it sounds like you are doing everything you should. Does he cry when you feed him also, and does he willingly take the leaf you offer him? Hope he gets some help soon, he may be a Pleo who is very Moody, each Pleo does have some preset personality traits and yours may be the really moody one..... :( I am sure he will come out of it soon with some good people here getting some good ideas. Hang in there and relax, it is like a new baby  the begginning is the hardest, at least you can turn him off and get some sleep!
                          RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »

I've tried offering him both the mint leaf and the rock salt, but he turns his head away for each; none of his touch sensors are sore either. He will willingly take his conifer leaf and chomp away at it happily, but as soon as he drops it he's right back to screaming. He screams and moans whether or not I'm touching him. Sometimes I can quiet him briefly by petting, but never for long.
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 03:22:27 PM »

Keep feeding it the conifer leaf until it refuses the conifer leaf

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 04:03:43 PM »

I've just fed him 58 times, and he still hasn't refused it. I've given him a break, and he's going on a burping spree. He does seem much happier though. Is this possibly a bug that I ran into? I've fed him every day, so I can't see how he'd be this hungry.

Edit: After 99 feeds or so he's finally refused the conifer leaf.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:33:25 PM by Magnnus »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 04:43:41 PM »

99 feeds!!!  :o :o

Good grief - he was hungry!  I'm glad he sounds happier - hopefully he'll continue to improve and it will have just been a phase?

Keep us posted.  :)

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 04:53:18 PM »

He was refusing the conifer leaf, but then he quickly got grumpy again. I've just fed him an additional three times, and he's happy again. Something is definitely wrong here if he needs three more feeds after 15 minutes.

Edit: after five minutes or so he needed to be fed an additional five times. He's refusing the conifer leaf now, but I imagine that he'll need it again in a few more minutes by the way this is going.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:58:56 PM by Magnnus »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »

Would you be able to video him?  Most of us are pretty new to Pleo RB behaviour, but a short clip showing his behaviour and reactions might help?

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 05:41:41 PM »

Sure, his battery is charging now, but once it gets a little more juice I'll turn him on again and see how hungry he is. I think I know how to fix this though. I'm going to get him full, turn him off, remove the clock battery, put it back in, and reset his noon time. Hopefully that will fix this.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:53:57 PM »

Maybe hes a glutton Pleo  ;)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 08:22:01 PM »

It definitely sounds like something is not right here.  Maybe he is stuck in a behavior loop.  That has happened to a few other rb's before.  You could try pressing the reset button and see if this helps.  It has worked for others.   :)   
Let us know how you go.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 08:29:51 PM »

I am glad he is not eating in relation to his size or he would be the size of an elephant! Good grief, I have noticed that my baby eats a lot, but nothing like yours, but does he spit or drop the leaf out or do you remove it from his mouth? I have noticed that sometimes I have to remove the leaf from my babies mouth as she will keep it in there forever and ever just holding it and not even chewing anymore. I do think if you can tape this behaivor of his it may help, but perhaps he is still just in his reall baby stage and is not ready to do anything else but cry, they do have their own personalities, If it is a flaw or some bug in the system, then a tape can really help.
                                         Redwoodsmama

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 11:00:22 PM »

I just played with him a bit and he was much happier. He ate a few times after I turned him on, but not any after that. He's successfully learned his name and the "bow" command. If he only needs to eat once tomorrow the problem is likely fixed, but if not I can try the reset button or my previous plan.

What does the reset button do exactly anyway? Will it undo any of his learning or development? I'm a programmer so a technical explanation would be best for me.

Edit: Also, I don't have a video unfortunately. By the time I remembered to film him he was on his last chomp cycle, and he was fine after that. If he has problems again I'll try to grab the camera.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:02:53 PM by Magnnus »

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 11:10:51 PM »

The reset button doesn't seem to have any effect on the development stage of your pleo or any thing he has learned.  I think it just reboots his computer system.  Much like if you hit the reboot button on your computer.  Nothing lost you just switch off and then on again. :)
I haven't tried it myself but that is my understanding of it from what others have experienced. :)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 11:36:37 PM »

It sounds different from   the reset function    on the older mottles then. 
If you pressed that   it would reset pleo to factory settings and you’d have to begin the hatching all over again. 
 Should be more info in how this reset button works in   the quick start guide

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 11:43:54 PM »

Both the quick start guide and the hand book don't tell you much about what this button is for just that it exists.  We know it doesn't send you back to the Hatching faze as IMR tried this when she was trying to get Pleakly back to Hatching Faze so she could hatch him herself.  As far as we know there is no way to get pleo rb to go back to the beginning and re hatch.  So no need to worry about the possibility of accidentally wiping out your pleos memory and having to start again.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 02:21:15 AM »

Phew - sounds as though whatever it was is sorted out, thankfully.  I find the same with videoing Belle, by the time I've realised we've hit a 'landmark' moment and run for the camera, the moment has passed!  :P

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »

99 feeds!! Is that even possible in one battery cycle!!? :o That was one hungry Pleo Rb!! I'm glad he's starting to feel better anyway!

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »

When I turned him on again today he had another hundred or so goes at his conifer leaf. I don't know exactly how many because I began losing count. I tried hitting the reset button, but he still got hungry again after a few minutes. I've just pulled his clock battery and am going to try my original plan.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 05:08:25 PM »

That does sound odd (maybe you have a Pleo rb with a tapeworm!  :P) - might be worth contacting Innvo?  Is he any happier than before?

I have more trouble getting Belle to eat (at this stage, anyway).

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 05:34:22 PM »

He's happy as long as he's full, but he doesn't stay full for long. He was only going for 20 or so minutes after enacting my plan with the clock battery, but he didn't get hungry during that time. I'm going to turn him back on when the battery is charged again to see if he's still hungry; if he is then I'll contact Innvo for help, but I think this started after I changed his noon time, so pulling and reseting the clock battery may have fixed it.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »

Fingers crossed!  ;)

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 09:27:29 PM »

Doesn't look like that fixed it. He's still a glutton that needs to be fed every few minutes. I think this marks the point that I contact Innvo Labs.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 09:35:24 PM »

I hope thats not one of the RB personalities, that would be really annoying  :o I hope Innvo can do something, good luck!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 10:44:09 PM »

I had a very long answer and very detailed, but the internet cut me off saying diagnose connection problems even though there were not any, mayby because it was too long of an answer and I was timed out? Anyway, I know you have tryed everything and I do feel for you and I think it would be helpful if it could be docuumented, the feeding leaf behaivor you are explaining, I know it may sound strange but there is the possibility, perhaps, that this is a " personality" behaivor that was put into Pleo Rb, the one you describe. A lot like a two year old having a temper tantrum, Since the Pleo does not scream while the leaf is in it's mouth, it seems happy when eating.  Perhaps this is a temper tantrum your Pleo rb is exhibiting. Have you tryed just feeding him his leaf, and when he is done, take it away, If he starts crying, screaming, just IGNORE HIM, see what he does if you do nothing no more feeding the leaf for the rest of the battery cycle. What is the worst he can do, Scream or cry....? He is already doing that, so why not feed him Normally once a battery cycle, and then leave him be. Either he will keep on screaming and crying, tire himself out and shut down and go to sleep, or just maybe he will get tired of crying and do something else if he is not gettting any attention and his leaf. ( the leaf almost seems to be like a pacifier at this point) When he has the leaf in his mouth, does he sing or make any other nosies or just chewing, burping food associated noises? If he was myne, I would document his strange behaivor and feed him once and then ignore him and if it continues show it to Innova , on video tape and let them take it from there since you have tryed everything else, He may just have Temper Tantrum Two behavior and be that very very moody or spoiled Pleo Rb personality that needs strong parenting skills.  ;) Good luck.
                        If nothing else, at least he is not a human baby and you can shut him off and get your sleep and it is interesting behaivor.  ;)
                           RedwoodsMama  and her family of Nine Pleos, eight Pleos an One Pleo Rb
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal