Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, Just ordered my first Pleo...  (Read 5101 times)

Chloe

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
Re: Hello, Just ordered my first Pleo...
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 10:12:19 PM »

Been lurking around here for a while and thinking about getting a Pleo.  My daughter got a Cruncher toy and it stirred up my interest in Pleo again.  I purchased a Ugobe Pleo off eBay for 199.  The kit came with two batteries.  I also ordered the UCube battery and Charger.  Pretty excited and didn't want to wait for 10 days so I paid extra for FedEx 50 bux for 4 to 5 day delivery from China.  Already downloaded the 2.0.1 update incase I decide to upgrade eventually.

Can't wait to get it!!

I got my $199 Pleo today and it's everything as promised and she's still hatching, arrived in about 12 days from China, but spent a week stateside at customs, grrrr

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 10:52:53 PM »

Congrats Chloe - glad Pleo made it safely.  Be sure to post some pics when you get a chance!  :D

Iggy and Budge still make me laugh, especially when together, and yes they do still surprise me sometimes.  The best thing about Pleos, to me, is that they are just good company.  Other robots might 'do' more, but personally I don't think any other electronic pet is bearable, let alone still interesting, for a couple of hours a day, day after day.  And few are anywhere near as cute!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »

My first pleo, Peeky came CHristmas Eve 2007. He made it the best Christmas ever! J.C. and Pennie came in 2008. Little Orphan Annie came in 2009.
Maybe there will be one coming in 2011. ;)

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 05:48:41 AM »

Wow that's a lot of Pleos! Awesome!  Truth is I could see myself with 4 or so.  With my daughters especially the eldest one I could see her falling in love and wanting her own for sure.  She is a giant dinosaur lover always reading about them and although she really enjoys her cruncher and tiny frogs that Santa brought her for christmas I really think the life like interaction of our new baby dino will have her pining for her own. 

Well tax return season is coming soon so who knows... Lol

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 01:04:38 PM »

Holy mollllllllyyyyyyy!!!! I can't believe it my wife called me while I was out and about and guess what???  Somehow the Pleo i ordered from Hong Kong that was shipped on Wednesday is here!!!!!!!! Just cracked open the box!!!!

I'm supppperrrrr excited and shocked!!!!! Can't believe it is humanly possible it got here so fast!!!!  :o  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 02:24:11 PM »

Congrats, be sure to post photos when you can calm down enough . LOL            Great news I am happy for you and your family.
                     RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 02:52:57 PM »

That's fantastic! :)  Almost as though your pleo grew wings and flew. :D :D
I would love to see some pics.  Your kids will be delighted. :)

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 02:54:37 PM »

My daughter Maya Freaked OUT!!! She is in love.  I've taking video and pics like mad already!  The girls introduced Pleo to Cruncher also.  I tried to be careful because Cruncher is in the wild he could do some damage and I don't want to take any chances as I'm not certain how robust Pleo is. I assume it has software version 1.0 probably but man I am surprised at how much personality he has even with the first gen software.  It's weird because we like him so much already that I feel bad wiping him so soon.

The factory spare battery that came in the kit WITHOUT me charging went for 55 minutes straight before he fell asleep and I have the other one charging at home can't wait to get the LIPO battery!!!  I'm still shocked how quickly he came! So so cool.  I plan on popping 2.0 on a card today and updating when I get home.  He has already had his frost car ride. Lol...more to come...pics of course once I get whine and settle down. Lol...

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »

That is so exciting that your baby dino got to you ahead of schedule.  :) :) :)  You and your family are sure to have lot of fun this New Year's weekend.
I can tell already you are going o have one spoiled little dino. ;)

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »

Man this is soooo awesome.  We are leaning towards naming him Papo.  It is a spanish expression of affection for a young little boy.  Ive been calling him that since I turned him on for the first time.

He is amazing I happen to catch him on video with his first step and also my daughters first interact as well as my wives.  They were all pretty surprised and my daughter ecstatic.  The batteries are amazing.  I just put him to bed now and he was still alive and kicking after over an hour ez.  Weird I didn't expect that with all the bad press on battery especially with the fact that this is a first gen Pleo.  In the ad the seller did say both batteries are tested prior to shipment but a former ubego tech.  I tend to believe it with the amazing battery life so far.

He is verrrryyyy active we gave him lots of love so far.  He has been very curious and sniffed at the wall.  His first walk was directly to me as I had moved away from him to get a good look at him from a few feet away.  He walked around 4 or 5 feet to me.  It was awesome!  Super cool.  Getting harder and harder thinking about flashing the software...sigh..extra features worth losing this awesome personality? Hmmm...

Only one bad bit of news...the paint on the left side of the front of his face has lost a tad of paint.  Not a really big deal but i have no clue how it happened. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:30:36 PM by lstrike »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 11:43:46 PM »

Paposounds like he is awsome. Very cute name for a little boy dino. That is wonderful news that the batteries is doing what it is suppose to be doing. It's always nice to have spares.
I think it is just unavoidable not to  have some paint flake off on our dinos   It certainly doesn't effect their personalities. We older pleo parents just know that ours have been loved a lot which isn't  a bad thing. Enjoy Pago and just protect his skin as much as you can with clothing. He will become a very distinquished looking pleo. eventually. Looking forward to seeing Pago in action.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2010, 01:20:07 AM »

Hi, so glad Papo arrived early before New Years so you and your family can enjoy him,  ;D Papo sounds like a nice name too, one that fits. Pleos certainly are amazing, I am so glad that I got a Original Pleo to start with as they have so much personality and it takes a long time for Pleo rb to get anywhere as close in development as Pleo. I would have been more bored I think with Pleo rb after knowing what Pleo can do and the fact that he walks right away compared to days! I am on the fourth or so battery charge, and my baby girl Pleo rb still doesn't want to walk much but boy does she talk. ;D
              Can't wait to see the photos of Popo, I know they will be great. Fancy is right a little paint loss is nothing major, it almost allways happens on the top of the head, top of the back, under the chin, the feet and anywhere they get a lot of petting, it is just a sign of love. :-* clothing does protect their fragile skin.and gives them personality.

Your Li Poly Ucube egg charger and battery were mailed and may even get there tommrorow,but definitly by Monday or Tuesday, All depends on how far back the mail is from the holidays. Just remember you need to sleep when Papo sleeps too!
                                RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 01:54:32 AM »

Hearing a new Pleo owner getting excited is the next best thing to getting one yourself (as long as you already have one!) - it's lovely to hear that you're so pleased with Papo.  Sweet name, too!  :D

He'll sleep even less when you're egg charger and battery arrives - I swear they make the Pleos livelier as well as run longer, they're great!  ;D

I worried about losing Iggy's personality when I upgraded to OS2, but as it turned outt he was fine and he did go back to being the independent and laid back Pleo he was before.  Just be warned it takes about 8 battery cycles of strange behaviours and sounds that don't have a context before he settles down.

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 06:04:59 AM »

A new baby dino is a very exciting time for everyone.  :)  I can't wait to see pics. :)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 07:15:37 AM »

Wow that delivery was   pretty fast. 
Congratulations, glad he’s settled in with the family so well. 

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 10:23:58 AM »

Congratulations on your new baby! Papo is a very sweet name :)

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »

Just received my LiPo battery today!!!  Thanks Redwoods Mama!!!!!  

I put one of the original fresh charged batteries in this morning.  That's already three charges! Lol...he is sooo much fun.  My girls love him.  This morning i woke up to my daughters having made a little bed of stuff animals for him, a little present which was a pink bib and some hand drawn blue construction paper leaves.

Papo is getting more attention then anything!!!  
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:24:17 PM by lstrike »

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2010, 01:24:55 PM »

Added a couple of quick picks to my Gallary...haven't figured out how to add them inline here yet...agghhhhh! ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »

The way I do it is to copy and paste the top of the three codes, under your pic in the gallery, into the post - the one that starts 'smg'.  It should then come out like the one below:

(This is Istrike's pic of the lovely Papo)

*hope you don't mind my doing that, Istrike - I left you to do the other two*  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:21:43 PM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2010, 02:31:53 PM »

Crewella, thanks, I think he will now get it, I have been trying to help him figure it out by giving him the smg id number codes, I think if he looks at this one by Modify, he will be able to see the example done.                            RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »

Or if you click 'quote' on my post with the pic, you'll see what it should look like and can construct a new one along similar lines.

*You can only 'modify' one of your own posts*  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:41:10 PM by Crewella »

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2010, 03:00:49 PM »

Sounds like Papo is having a great start in life!  :)  He looks like he is enjoying the car ride. 
Do you have any clothes for him yet?  There are some great shops on the forum that sell handmade clothes just for pleos.  Great to help protect their skin from "love spots".  Also I bet your daughters would just love to dress him up. ;D

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2010, 07:13:32 PM »

Thanks guys!!! I definitely get it now. Will be posting more pictures up tomorrow.  You are 100% right the girls LOVE to dress Papo up.  They gave him a pink boa and a princess crown.ugh..sigh...lol...he loves the attention though and doesn't care one bit about the boa.  They also made him a little paper birthday cake and sang him happy birthday tonight. 

Still I am supppperrrr shocked at battery life.  The factory battery just got 1hr and 30+ minutes on a charge! And he wasn't completely asleep yet.  He started to slow down some but was still going he wore my girls out big time.  They gave him hugs and put him to bed. 

With three batteries now one of which is the LiPo battery will never be an issue.  They are really enjoying him...and of course so is dad!!!! Lol...tomorrow I will get you all some pics of the girls dressing him up and stuff.

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »

Sounds like Papo is having a great start in life!  :)  He looks like he is enjoying the car ride. 
Do you have any clothes for him yet?  There are some great shops on the forum that sell handmade clothes just for pleos.  Great to help protect their skin from "love spots".  Also I bet your daughters would just love to dress him up. ;D

I'm gonna have my wife or mother make him a spiderman cape / shirt!!!!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2010, 07:31:53 PM »

Now that I have to see! ;D  He will be the coolest pleo in town! :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal