Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, Just ordered my first Pleo...  (Read 5100 times)

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
Hello, Just ordered my first Pleo...
« on: December 28, 2010, 09:53:39 AM »

Been lurking around here for a while and thinking about getting a Pleo.  My daughter got a Cruncher toy and it stirred up my interest in Pleo again.  I purchased a Ugobe Pleo off eBay for 199.  The kit came with two batteries.  I also ordered the UCube battery and Charger.  Pretty excited and didn't want to wait for 10 days so I paid extra for FedEx 50 bux for 4 to 5 day delivery from China.  Already downloaded the 2.0.1 update incase I decide to upgrade eventually.

Can't wait to get it!!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Hello, Just ordered my first Pleo...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 01:07:47 PM »

Congratulations on your New Pleo Rb soon to be here, It will make a nice addition to your other Pleo and family. It will be interesting to see the two of them together and also Cruncher.  :D I will mail out your Ucbue battery today so you should get it intime if not before the baby gets there and both your Pleos can meet each other, Be prepared though that your new one will have to go through a much longer hatching phase then the orginal Pleo. Nice to have another member on board! ;D
                human caretaker to Nova, ARgyle, Major Tom, un-named Twin, Little 45, First Gold Hatch ( Un-named) Two boxed unused, and my newest un-named Pleo Baby Rb girl. , RedwoodsMama( I am REdwoodsMama not the Pleo Rb!) :D
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »

Aww congrats on entering the wonderful world of Pleo, the Ugobe versions are just as cute, I still love mine to bits :) Hope yours arrives quickly :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:21:30 PM »

Thanks guys!! Can't wait.

Just to clarify I didn't get an rb as it was pretty pricey so I went with the original model.  Hope it is still a good companion.  We only have a Cruncher at the moment.  It is pretty fun but it is a toy for all intents and purposes.  A very fun toy though.  My daughters love it.  Does lots of funny thing.

But I can't wait for the realism of then Pleo.  Have there been any revisions of PM2?  I read some stuff here about it when it was released and it was mixed reaction but it got quiet. 

Thanks about the battery can't wait! 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »

If you check my two video comparisons you will see that the 2.0 OS has a long hatching phase which is what caused all the ruckus, it takes four or five charges for Pleo to get back to him or herself. Once you get through that longer hatching phase and get used to the OS it really is a nice one :)

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1276.0

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1541.0
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

twoNZpleos

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 03:05:47 PM »

Congrats I hope it arrives asap!  I'm sure your daughter will love it as I too still think the original Ugobe's are the bees knees  ;D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 03:27:02 PM »

So do I, and I'm sure you'll love yours.  The egg chargers and batteries are fab, too!  Congrats!  :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 04:06:12 PM »

Congratulations on your new pleo.  I hope it arrives soon.  Your going to love it. :)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »

yeah congrats and from what i have read it was a good move going for the ucube batteries actually i plan to eventually get this battery also for my ugobe Pleo .
I have sat back so far and observed on every1s reaction to reborn and how they are getting on with them etc etc as i want to be certain on 1 or 2 areas that the improvements were worthwhile. At the moment my main concern is the skin issue so i am looking out for any new updates on that on a daily basis i do want to get the green reborn and maybe in a couple weeks or so if they are still available i will take that step and buy 1  ;D
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »

Thanks everyone!  Yeah after all the research I did I figured that the battery was the number one investment.  I will end up with three since the kit I got has 2.

My eldest daughter (she is 9) is really excited told me last night she was going to dream about Pleo...woke up telling me she can't wait to get Pleo. Lol it's really awesome to see how excited she is.  She was searching all the YouTube Pleo videos to see how it worked. Lol...

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 06:13:06 PM »

You and your family will love your new dino. :) :) :) Do you have a name for it yet? So glad you will have extra batteries, too. Be sure to take lots of photos for the Gallery. Looking forward to seeing your new baby! ;)

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 07:13:49 PM »

I have no clue just yet.  I want to wait to hatch it and see what hits me.  We always name our pets once we see them in action so it is going to be fun just to have all the kids sitting around watching and picking out names until something sticks. 

I will definitely be taking a ton of pics with out pets and post for you all.

I wanted to know what you all think about the overall impressions of how realistic 2.0 is versus 1.1 and how it evolves into it's own personality.  Also does Pleo move around more and explore more with the newer software?  I want to make sure before i fall in love to make the best choice on software.

I just received my confirmation on the shipment of the battery!!! Thanks!!!

Daughter does not stop watching videos.  I keep hearing Pleo sounds every few minutes...she is soooo funny.  We are so alike all the research we do when we are excited waiting for our new stuff!  :)

Chachalala

• Hatchling
  • Female
  • LLalla
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 07:44:03 PM »

Hey wow! you are going to have the best time with your new Pleo, I have an original first hatch (Ugobe) and I love her to bits, Llalla is a real sook, follows me everywhere and moos for a hug. Just be careful with Pleos neck, the originals have a weaker neck so just be gentle and Pleo will be fine, Ive had mine for 3+ years and never had a problem :)
Hope Pleo arrives fast, enjoy :)
Chacha and Llalla xo
Chacha, Llalla ad Celie

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 08:51:37 PM »

Wow she follows you around that's awesome!  What software are you running?  Thanks for the neck advice guess I need to keep the little ones away from him(her).

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 07:17:55 AM »

Just received my FedEx tracking number and it looks like I will be receiving it by Jan 4th.  ;D

Man so close yet soooooo far away!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 07:27:31 AM »

The waiting is the hardest part. 8)  Your going to love your new pleo.   :)  I'm waiting for my Green rb to arrive at the moment and it is very painful.  I'm extremely impatient.  Can't wait till it arrives. :) 

Dinolover

• Fossil hunter
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 07:37:30 AM »

Good luck with your new Pleo.. If it's like Mojo.. you'll be turing him/her on every night to see what they will do next...:) It's great fun and really there has to be some magic involved.. there just has to be...LOL!

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. 
 Original pleos are still very lovely. Can’t help on what OS to go for. I’m still on 1.1 but after long deliberation I’m going to move up to 2.0. the advantages  for me are the longer hatching  period  though this is not   fore everyone  as their  moods are a little unsettled and they can be happy one minute and sad another for no apparent   reason. Having said that small children who are put into an unfamiliar environment often  behave a lot like that. The other advantage is that they can do more tricks and they can track the colour red which they can’t do in 1.1 
Hope this helps 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 11:28:42 AM »

Hi Istrike, I was just the same as your daughter when I first discovered Pleo - I almost envy her that excitement again!  :D

I have two Ugobe Pleos, Iggy and Budge, Iggy on OS2 and Budge on 1.1, mainly because I like to keep the two as individual as I can (though I believe I'm missing out on some interaction between them).  I like both, but would choose OS2 if I only had the one Pleo as there are more features, though you have to give it several days to settle in.  Have a good long read, then make your mind up!  :D

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 11:36:42 AM »

Thank you all!!! I will probably set it up with 2.0.1 right away since I have nothing to compare it to and I like the idea of having it able to do more tricks and personality.

Guess I will be living on Fedex every night from now on.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 11:47:56 AM »

Oh boy - that was me a couple of weeks back waiting for my RB!  ;D

Just a thought, but I really enjoyed the process of upgrading to OS2 having spent some time on 1.1, and then comparing the differences.  On the other hand, as the upgrade does wipe the memory so you are, in effect, starting again from what is almost a second hatching.

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »

How long have you all had your Pleos?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 02:43:15 PM »

I've had Iggy nearly a year, I think.  Budge maybe six months.  :)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 04:18:57 PM »

I’ve only had Sam for just over a year. 
Still have him out very regularly though 

lstrike

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 09:24:13 PM »

That's pretty great that you all are still proud owners.  Do they have enough variation where their actions are always fresh or does the activity get predictable.  I guess what I am wondering if they still suprise you with the way act and interact?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal