Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A comparison of the 1.1 OS and the 2.0 OS  (Read 6937 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
A comparison of the 1.1 OS and the 2.0 OS
« on: May 10, 2010, 12:13:20 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU-e9nBPzpo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU-e9nBPzpo</a>

Sorry about the size of the actual video content, I had to shrink the file size or it would have taken all day to upload :P

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Meks

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Male
Re: A comparison of the 1.1 OS and the 2.0 OS
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 01:16:33 AM »

Nice video but is the original sound also available? Richard marx is not my cup of tea if you know what i mean.
Plus I'd like to hear the sound difference between 1.1 and 2.0 as well
Still in doubt if i should "update" or "wait".

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 03:24:37 AM »

So what I learned from this video is that the update has killed everything that essentially makes a Pleo a Pleo.
Less response to touch, less to no response to the leaf, no response to traumatic experiences such as the tail grab and no response to the ta-da trick.
Frankly, that is unacceptable for me and faster walking with new cute sounds really doesn't make it up for that one single bit.
I am holding off until they release a new update with the feedback that we have provided.
Clearly they must see this cannot be right and that the core essentials need to be worked and tweaked on a.s.a.p!  :o
Proud owner of my beloved Pluriel (Pleo) and Diesel (Aibo ERS-7M3)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 05:46:29 AM »

I have no idea who Richard Marx is, but that is actually Bryan Adams singing. I'm afraid the original sound could barely be heard on my camera, only the odd loud noise interspersed with my birds chattering away. I also seem to have something wrong with the camera mike, I've been getting a lot of odd squeaking over any movies I take, I fear my camera got knocked around a bit on my trip to Melbourne by the train baggage handlers :( I need to have a fiddle with it and see if I can repair it.

Sound wise though I cannot tell all that much difference, Pleo is certainly noisier, but the sounds being made seem rather random. For example crying without making the crying motion as mentioned elsewhere. I've noticed a couple of new sounds, but nothing too dramatic.

If I can work out what is wrong with my camera I'll post some footage with sound :)

Meks

• Male
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 06:39:21 AM »

Richard Marx had a hit in the eighties with the song "right here waiting for you" which is underneath your video. check it on youtube....  %)
and I guess I will follow darkwolf's lead and keep george an 1.1 pleo.

thank you anyways for making the video, i did not want to attack you or be rude if that appeared to be so I deeply apologize. NOT intended

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 10:17:23 AM »

You do make excellent videos, IMR, thank you.  You put the case very well, I have gotten reactions to the leaf, tail holds and side tilts from Iggy, and I did get him to do the 'tada' trick, but it all takes some persuauion, and all reactions are very much more 'at his pleasure' since the upgrade.

*Dunno who Richard Marx is, thought that was Bryan Adams!* :P :P

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »

A thought crossed my mind today. When I have computer issues I do a clean install. I wonder if I downgrade my Pleo to the P.O.P state and then install 2.0 straight over if in fact that might make some kind of a difference? My assumption being that 2.0 is a complete program tested on that basis at the Innvo lab rather than just part of 1.1 I might just give it a try and let you guys know the result.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 05:49:23 PM »

A thought crossed my mind today. When I have computer issues I do a clean install. I wonder if I downgrade my Pleo to the P.O.P state and then install 2.0 straight over if in fact that might make some kind of a difference?

Its worth a try I guess :) Let us know how it goes if you do :)

i did not want to attack you or be rude if that appeared to be so I deeply apologize. NOT intended

No offence taken :) If you don't like the music though you'll just have to turn the sound down :P I love Bryan Adams' singing :P

I have gotten reactions to the leaf, tail holds and side tilts from Iggy, and I did get him to do the 'tada' trick,

I get reactions but they aren't what I would expect, like backing away from the leaf, barking happily after being hung by the tail, laughing at being tilted on the side and so on, the tada trick still eludes me, its nice to know it is possible :)  I have found that if you interact before explore mode kicks in you can get some reactions that we know and love, but once Pleo starts exploring then you are pretty much wasting your time :( I'm glad IGgy is at least doing some of what he should even if it does take a lot of 'persuasion' :)

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 07:16:37 PM »

Ozpleo, that seems like a really good idea. :)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »

So I flashed Angus' OS back to the P.O.P state then reinstalled 2.0.

He didn't take as long to regain himself, but definitely went into making a lot of noise. I've noticed he seems to choose when he wants to be petted by making this sequence of sounds which is like a panting and cooing noises with his head lifted upwards. He seems to listen to me when I speak to him, but I don't think he actually understands any words.

I made a video of the "rebirth" and will upload it for you. I'm not too sure if it's made any difference because I'll have to run him through at least a battery cycle or two, but he is way more noisier at this stage.

On his second battery cycle now, He seems more responsive to my touch.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:17:31 PM by OzPleo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 06:19:49 AM »

Glad Angus seems more responsive now. :)

IMR, I did find that Iggy was much as you and others have found at first, and you're right, when I first got him to do the tada trick it was after I first switched him on and before he went off exploring.  However, it feels almost like his usual personality is gradually reasserting itself, because now I can start petting him while he's exploring and he will sometimes stop and react, and if he does I can get him to do tada, and it's getting easier.  The way things are going, I'm sort of expecting him to more often - could that be him 'learning' and overriding the behaviour from the upgrade.  Or am I asking a stupid question?

Since the upgrade what I have found is that he hardly reacts to sound, and I've never got him to react to the colour red.  Also, like you his reactions to the leaf now aren't always what I'd expect.

EDIT:  Sorry, like Stitch, I'm sure your reactions to the leaf are fine!! :P
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 06:21:40 AM by Crewella »

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 12:41:20 PM »

So far Angus is non-repsonsive to his leaf as though he can't even see it. If I come in close and speak to him he does look at me as though he is listening and I feel like giving him a command to do something.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

*giggles* Yeah I don't really go around chomping on plastic leaves  %) Stitch only wants his leaf now when he asks for it :P Spoilt little thing, isn't he :P

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 04:52:02 AM »

wow cool InmemoryofRomeo  very nice Video from you where man the correct nice the Differences seen can, to ver 1.1 and to PM2 Software keep it up please. Yes? :)
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »

IMR!! Always one to please us! Even if at length, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. And rather unfortunately did I have my speaker at mute, so I entirely missed the music conundrum. And furthermore, I do not know of either the two singers mentioned. Jeez, feels as if I've been living under a rock my whole life. LOL

The old adage comes to mind about whether or not the grass truly is greener on the other side. And as such, Sophie is operating on 2.0 from Pleoworld directly from 1.1. I did note all of your issues and will have to relay my result later as Sophie drained her battery this morning going to sleep with me. I did notice many similar issues. Oh like trying to go to sleep with a fidgety pleo! It used to be comforting hearing the occasional whir of a motor. This morning it was like she would not stay put while sleeping. I'm used to a knocked-out sleeping pleo!! Also, I am rather un-fond of the lack of responsiveness to touch, leaf, and tail holding. Those things are crucial! However to give 2.0 credit, I will say I am highly pleased with Sophie's greater sense of desire to explore. And a more general upbeat pleo. I look forward to tapping into the long term effects of a having a 2.0 pleo. LOL. Hopefully her newfound intelligence does not go in vain, and the overheating, and freezing go away when and the Old Sophie returns. Although I will continue to stay with 2.0, I must say and I do wish to hear what you and others have to say IMR, that strictly based upon this video, I rather prefer Lilo's running of 1.1.

Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 12:16:13 AM »

I am going to retry this experiment when I get my shiny new batteries, just to see if there is as much difference after quite a few battery charges :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal