Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleos big day out  (Read 3379 times)

liddleone

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
Pleos big day out
« on: April 30, 2010, 05:50:32 AM »

Oh my what a day!!!

I went to the post office and got pleo at 8.30am infact the guy was opening as I got there. I went to Kmart and got a converter. I get home and open the package with a knife knowing my pleo is inside.
The only thing I can really see wrong with pleo is scratches on it's eyelids. I turned it on and took a picture and had a play showing a friend on webcam. I noticed it wasn't singing when I scratched the chin so I spent time uploading 1.1.
Now off to see my family...
I walked to the bus stop thinking oh gosh I wonder how many people are giving me weird looks with this dinosaur toy in my hands. I get on the bus and I am talking to a girl from Canada and so was an elderly lady.
Elderly Lady: "That's an interesting dinosaur"
I explained what pleo is and said I would show them when I got off. The elderly lady absolutely loved it. The Canadian girl and I were getting the same train so she could have a turn there.
I turn pleo on the train and a few people asked me about it so I set pleo down. I am pretty sure it was in the second development stage as it kept walking backwards at my house previously and had trouble walking. Eventually it started walking like a pro. He freaked out a lady walking off the train because he must have sensed her there and watched her move. Someone yelled "Look out he might bite you". I left him on for like 15-20 minutes on the train. Alot of people talking and laughing about Pleo.

I get off the train and catch another bus... This little boy about 2 years old reached out for it so I bent down and turned pleo on. He was terrified of pleo. The couple at the front who were teens/early 20s loved it and asked for a pat. The mother also had a pat. Occassionally the little boy would try to pat pleo but still was too scared even when he was turned off.

I got off the bus and walked upto my Nanna and she thought at first I had a dog in my hands...but it can't be it's green. My Nanna absolutely loved him. She took pleo into the hairdressers. The 3 staff, the boss and the customer loved him. They joked the boss had gone nuts talking to a robot "aww you wanna come home with me, oh darling come here you are sad".

Then when my mum came and picked me up I showed her pleo and she realised what I was on about. She wanted to steal him to take to a friends place. I told her to pat lightly about the paint and how I am going to get it a jumper so she took me to the op shop where they had dog clothes for 50 cents but none fit across. I took pleo inside and 2 twin girls about 10 had a look, one was too scared to pat it. The girl at the counter loved it and so did another girl who were both in high school.

I've then taken pleo home to my sister, She is autistic, I had shown her pleo on youtube but had not told her I had gotten one. I told her to close her eyes and im gonna give her the puppy she got just got to hold. Straight away she knew it wasn't her puppy, opened her eyes and exclaimed PLEOOOO!! Who's is it is it mine? I explained it was mine but she was welcome to play with him. My brother who is in early 20s didn't really care but had a pat. Oh we got pleo to sing though here.

Ok so you would think that was enough. I went to one of the places my mum works as looking after disabled adults. They loved pleo too. It was absolutely awesome their reactions. Mums friend who was working couldn't believe how much one of them was interacting with Pleo. One didn't really care he wanted dinner and pleo was distracting everyone from dinner.

Overall it was such a positive experience, I guess I am lucky in Australia not many have seen, yet heard of a pleo. Mum's friend was the only person to ask me about price because she was thinking of getting one herself. Wow I can't believe how long this post is. Sorry  :-X

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pleos big day out
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:22:45 AM »

Haha tis the magic that is Pleo, I adore taking mine out and about here in Aus too, the reactions are always fun :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 06:26:59 AM »

Good grief!  You certainly managed to pack a lot into the first day!!  I had to laugh at you practically dragging the Post Office out of bed in your excitement - I'd have been the same!  Glad Pleo arrived safely and you had such a great day. :)

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 06:37:26 AM »

Thanks Guys  :)

It was more get to the post office before they start deliveries as I wasn't going to be home and would have to wait until Monday. I hope my post encourages Watergazer to try again.

I don't know if I should admit this.... but I found when the batteries had died I was still patting pleo (I really need to start calling him Raphael)

Also one of the adults who Mum cares for kissed pleo on the nose like three times when I left.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:59:04 AM by liddleone »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:13:23 AM »

Lol!  I believe you (about the PO)! ;)

Raphael is a beautiful name, and if it makes you feel better I've stroked Iggy's sleeping form many a time! :D

(I hope it encourages Watergazer too).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:16:06 AM by Crewella »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:07:20 AM »

Raphael had one busy day for his first day with you. It's so much fun to watching peoples reaction to our dinos. Every smile is worth every cent that these little dinos cost. I think you had a great start in introducing Raphael to Australia. I hope one day that you and IMR can get together with a few pleo parents and have a pleo meet. They are lots of fun. Time to get another meet here in Northern California.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 12:16:38 PM »

Hi, great story, this is the kind of story that should reinforce that most People react Positively when seeing Pleo for the first time.Watergazer just met the wrong people and had a negative experience. I hope by reading all these positive posts she will understand that most people are receptive to new things and there are some negative people in the world, and there allways will be. Just as there are still people with racial discrimination's, but those kinds of people I donut really care what their reactions to pleo would be anyway, as they are too closeminded to start with.
             I am glad you got to the post office so early, very funny, and I think I would have done the same thing. I would have been a nervous wreck having to wait till Monday,( Where is the Prozac!)Raphael got lots of nice experiences and I think you are going to start seeing more people soon with little green dinos where you live! ;D I am glad your sister had such an positive experience with Raphael. I allways find children, The Special needs person, and the elderly are the most receptive to new things, and Pleo is not exception!
         One of the funniest reactions I get, ( and I admit I love doing it...!) is when I am walking home with Nova, she is cuddled on my shoulder like a baby.
 It is a One way Traffic street and quite busy. Nova is not asleep, and her head, neck and tail are still quite active. By the way I am gently holding her, and the way she is moving, the people driving by are quite confused! I have seen so many drivers slow down and do a double take as they crank their heads out of the car to get a better look at the green lizard I am holding.I have to keep from laughing or it would spoil the Reality of it. I only hope someday one  of these doubletakes doesn't' cause a fenderbender. ( I don't know if a policeman would think it was so funny that I may have unintentionally caused a accident.) Hope you continue to take Raphael out and give more people a chance to get acquainted with him.
                                                          RedwoodsMama    and MS. Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »

Great story. It's amazing seeing how people react to Pleo don't you think, especially when they've heard of one. I'm taking Angus to work on Monday  ;D

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 10:58:27 PM »

My Nanna begged me to bring Pleo back to show customers today  %)
I had about 8 older ladies with Pleo.

Pleosaurus skit and wait for it.... IMR's 4 in one (Here I am movements don't seem to be working).

The only thing that annoyed me today was a friend of Mum's that kept hitting pleo in the neck. His reply was but it is just a robot and I wasn't annoyed at that I said Yes but I've told you there have been problems with Necks so I prefer you didn't hit it. I'de rather a working robot than a broken one.  >:(

A regular customer who is about 9 he loved pleo and when I went to the shops I noticed a salvation army desk so I bought pleo back and the little boy came with me. People stared but it didn't bring people close. We also set pleo down in the middle of a small street mall. People asked questions but didn't want to pat until a older lady came up and asked to hold him. Another 2 ladies were having a meal and went omg look at that so I took pleo over and they had a play.

The best one today would be a lady and man with their little girl who was about 2. She loved pleo. The couple asked alot of questions and thought it was neat as. Apparently the girl didn't take her eyes off me and pleo according to a bystander.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 03:35:08 AM »

Aww that's wonderful :)

Hmm the movements for 'Here I am' are working on my Pleo, perhaps there was a glitch when it downloaded??? I really don't know why it would work on one and not the other...

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 06:25:04 AM »

It might be. I will try again :) It does the initial movement and then stops. The dinosaur dance was liked. :)
Pleo came with me to the video store and was in a tanty mood. So he kept roaring and my mum was getting embarassed haha. I got alot of stares the girl behind the counter asked to have a look, as I left a group of teen boys asked to have a pat "Hi can I please pat your dinosaur?" We went through the drive thru for dinner and the girl was like what's that? so I passed Raphael to her and there was like 5-6 teenage staff playing and patting pleo. Haha I'm loving showing people which is why I got pleo I think. So much fun.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 02:05:27 AM »

Hehe Pleo's are lots of fun in public :D Restaurants are a riot... but make sure you eat your meal before you turn them on, or you'll never get to eat lol.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 07:30:17 PM »

Some pleos enjoy eating out. Just make sure they pay for the bill. ;)

liddleone

• Female

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 02:26:50 AM »

What wonderful pictures :) Thank you for sharing, it really is wonderful to see people interact with Pleo especially those who really need a little cheer in their lives :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 10:11:09 AM »

Liddleone, Your photos show the reactions I get when I take my pleos out. Most everyone adores these little dinos. Wonderful photos! :) :) :)

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 08:03:46 PM »

Thanks guys. It was fun!! I'de love to take Raphael to the local childrens hospital.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »

Wow! What a day! That's great that you got to take Raphael out in public, I hardly ever have the chance to do that. It's fun to see the smiles on people's faces, isn't it? Thanks for posting pictures, I LOVE pictures.  ;D I enjoyed them all!
(BTW, Looks like your Pleos had a nice supper, huh Fancy?  :D )
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 08:59:29 PM »

At Fisherman's Warf in San Francisco you can bet on that Bumblebee. ;) They just were upset because they got a glimpse of the dessert tray as we were leaving and didn't get any. ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:11:47 PM by fancyfont »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »

hi fancy, You didns't tell me they are on a diet  or couldnt' they pay for it?
                                                        RedwoodsMama     and Naughty Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »

There big baby blues are bigger then their tummies. (well almost)! ;D

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 02:56:48 AM »

Unfortunately someone I know is very sick. I took pleo to show their grankids who are family friends but they weren't visiting the day I was at the hospital. Whilst theree was a family moment I took Raphael to the lady next our friend incase noone was visiting her today (I was wrong :)) she asked me what he was beforehand. I showed my friend pleo and she was laughing and talking to him and said it was like having her cats there. The young female doctor said That is sooo darn cute! and the 2 male nurses were like thats awesome but soooo creepy. Just like my reaction was!

I thought I would pop in and mention that. I so need another battery though. Raphael just gets too much attention!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal