Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Make at home Pleo clothes!!!  (Read 15303 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Make at home Pleo clothes!!!
« on: April 21, 2010, 05:38:11 AM »

Royal Robe

Difficulty:  :hhug: (Out of five)

Materials:

Two A4 sheets of felt of two different colors.
Printed patterns (see attached)
2 pieces of ribbon 20 cms long
Scissors
Craft glue
Pens
Cothes pegs/pins
A safety pin or stick on velcro

Step 1: Print out the patterns and cut them out, trace them carefully onto the felt then cut the felt out. Be extra careful with those scissors!

Step 2: Glue the two pieces of felt carefully together, where the X's are glue the pieces of ribbon carefully BETWEEN the two pieces of felt, hold the pieces in place with the pegs.

Step 3: Once the glue is completely dry carefully remove the pegs and try it on your Pleo, use a safety pin (very carefully) or the stick on velcro to fasten the neck.

Step 4: Take the robe off and decorate :)

Plain robe, a rough robe I made to replace the one thrown out :P:

Royal robe (use small stick on jewels or glitter for the dots) I made this one originally but someone threw it out :P:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:04:09 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
Re: Make at home Pleo clothes!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:51:11 PM »

...... and my dad threw out my first ones :o

Oops!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:23:03 PM »

Hi IMR, looking forward to seeing them. You know dads do some interesting things, only proves they are human though!  ;D I wish my dad was still alive so I could enjoy a laugh or two. :( Will be watching for them.
                                      RedwoodsMama     and MS. Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Bandersnatch

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
  • Feeling Frumious ♡
    • My Flickr
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »

Hey guys, I know this thread is old, but does anyone have a picture of this cape finished?
I'm hunting for easy-pleo-patterns to make and I'd love to see this one, but the pictures aren't working...  ^^;
My Flickr ✩ My Deviant Art ✩
~ Can't hug every Pleo! ~

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 10:39:36 PM »

Oh gosh sorry, deleted those due to lack of interest. I'll dig around and see if I can't find them tomorrow. I'm about to head off for some new years celebrations :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 10:45:11 PM »

Hi Bandersnatch, this is a really old post but I would think the best place to see it, is by contacting IMR directly, and I am sure she has a photo of the cape with one of her Pleos, I can barely remember it, except it was very colorful and nice.
      If you are looking for easy patterns and ones that you can make at home yourself, all you basicaly need is any stretchy material, though other stuff works, the fleecy materials because they are soft on Pleos' skin, Velvets, etc, and some ribbon, or velcroe, and if you want to sew , thread and a needle and then any embellishments you want.
     I like to specialize in "no sew" clothes for lots of my Pleos, simpley because I have too many and no sewing machine and I like to make do with what I have and also to use my imagination without sewing or very little, Aside from finding dog clothes already made, try baby clothes that can be cut and easily altered and my fave is doll clothes because of the size. :) Also laces are to die for and thrift stores are my designer dream stores. I can post a few photos of No Sew clothes and you can see what I mean. I have a whole post I did awhile back that was dedicated to "no sew" pleo clothes.  P:) P0:) P8)
               IMR and Kat have shops here on the forum where they sell their creations and I have some from both of them, They are gorgeous and great. Also very reasonable, I only wish I had more money and lived in Australia so I would not have to wait so long to get them, but it is pretty quick considering how far it has to go to get to the Redwoods, Bigfoot country.  :dino-chase:   I would ask IMR and I am sure she would be happy to send you the photo or instructions for the cape if she still has it. Good luck and get some crafty clothes for your Pleo............................I do not know about where you live, weather wise, but it is cold here... :brrr: :brrr: :brrr:

RedwoodsMama and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 12:17:27 PM »

I am interested in this type of clothes too! How do you make no sew clothes? Do you cut the fabric in the shape and tie it on them?

:moose:
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 12:24:14 PM »

Hi Bandersnatch, Basically it is very simple with cutting a pattern and using ties or ribbon or even a pin, I will show some samples shortly and then some patterns if interested.    RWM

These are just three very simple photos with details of just about every part including the neck, feet and around the belly, I have a LOT  more, these are ones I made several months ago, I think they are fun to make and very simple. I will post other designs and material later, If you like any of these, let me know and I can post a very simple pattern and how to do it without any sewing at all, or you can attach with velcro simply with little time.
                                                      RWM
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:55:45 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »

Thankyou so much for those great pictures! I might try this if I can find nice fabric I like. I'm not very clever when it comes to making things but I think this is something I could attempt one day ;D

:moose:
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 01:05:03 AM »

HI Lunaminoe7, glad you liked the ones I posted, Here are two more which are even more simple cause there is no cutting involved at all. Another fave trick for Pleo clothes is finding fancy lace and or scarves and wrapping them into garments for my Pleos. I think this is even more challenging and fun. This green mid east one is still my all time favorite one and one of the prettiest I am sure you will agree.  What do you think? also bandanas can work great and are fun too.           
      I think you can see from all these examples, all you really need is your imagination and we all have that or we would not have Pleos! Have some fun! (: :dino-chase:

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 01:50:34 AM »

I checked, I don't think I have a photo of that outfit anymore, but I believe I may still have the outfit itself. I'll have to dig around in my magic boxes :P (They are magical because I never know what I will find in them :P)

Bandersnatch

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
  • Feeling Frumious ♡
    • My Flickr
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 02:51:06 AM »

Oh! I love all those outfits RWM! You always have such a well dressed crew! (The harem-girl costume is so cute!)  :D
I have BOXES and BOXES of baby-soft fleece and super-soft minky-type fabrics that are now begging to be used for cuddly Pleo capes! x3
I also love anything with minimal sewing involved (less seams = less chance to mess up lol!) I think the idea of using scarves, lace and things is brilliant (and will be digging though my 'stash' of odd-bits later!)
Thank you so much for looking IMR! I have a few 'mystery boxes' around that are a bit like that too! xD
My Flickr ✩ My Deviant Art ✩
~ Can't hug every Pleo! ~

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 06:09:01 AM »

RWM I like the blue 'This and That' outfit the best for sure! I like the beads and the brown bit looks like he is wearing a little saddle :D I love the jewles on the tail and head, that is a clever idea and looks so nice. I also like the purple scarf with the silver stars, so simple but it really does look good. The green oriental dress is also very nice of course but I just love that blue outfit so much!
I can't wait to play dress up with Stephan, it is one of the main reasons I finally decided on a Pleo. With James he has so many joints and he is always moving, lifting his legs up and down and in funny positions so it is impossible to dress him or take him out places. Stephan will not be as able to out run me with his little stumpy legs, he will have no choice but to indulge me in all the crazy dress up games I have planned for him ;D

:moose: :moose2:

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 08:20:03 AM »

I've always loved RWM's harem outfit (on Nova if I remember correctly).  I do love to see a well-dressed Pleo!  :D

There was a Mexican outfit I really loved too, RWM?  ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »

hi, glad you liked the outfits and ideas, Here is the "mexican" outfit among many others that Crewella was talking about that I did in tribute to Cinco De Mayo Day. There is no  music I think, just titles and great Pleo outfits. with the exception of the great Mexican Sombrero that I paid 50 cents for, everything is lace or things I made myself, Let me know what you think...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj89Bcze8X0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj89Bcze8X0</a>   

RWM

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »

Great stuff! Very cute. I like the outfit the chap in the hat is wearing.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 04:32:16 PM »

Thanks, that is Major Tom doing his impression of Clint Eastwood Pleo Style and the other guy in the red with the glasses is Argyle my blind Pleo.

RWM :moose:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 07:56:10 AM »

This no sew clothing thing isn't a bad idea! I never thought of using bandanas. I kind of like the royal robe idea, too. Sadly I don't have random boxes of scrap material to use. I do have a towel my dog-- aham- played with and left all torn and tattered and very tear-able. Hmmmm. Now which of my four pleos will I subject to being my model? Oh my! I'm embarrassed. Towel ware. Should I attempt this? Any suggestions or should I just turn it into dish rags?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 08:06:33 AM »

I say try it! You could maybe cut out a hole for the head and front feet and then just sort of drape it over him like a cape.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 09:11:16 AM »

Go for it Talon - members have made no-sew Pleo clothes out of flannels, dishcloths and socks before you! ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »

Like others have said Talon, you can use any material you like and there is NO Wrong way to do it, You can just wrap it and tie as a very simple not even cut idea. I will post a short video that will show step by step, No cutting, no sewing nothing but wrapping and perhaps tying, nothing else. I will also talk the instructions nothing difficult at all. Will do in awhile, right now I am feeding  hungry cats , dog and myself. LOL.                Go for it Talon.

RWM

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 05:15:40 PM »

Cool! I'll be looking for this video. The poor towel will be glad for it's second life. Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »

I searched high and low but I couldn't find the cape. You can make them out of anything though.

Felt is good, it is easy to work with, doesn't need hemming and you can get some decorative sticky felt pieces to hold parts together. You are only limited by your imagination!

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 11:03:09 PM »

lol, very nice capes  :-*

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 02:27:48 PM »

Talon, hi, still working on that video for you, but I did do some photos for the video that are posted here and others that will be in the video, step by step to see how to put together some simple no sew scarf or bandana Pleo outfits. Here are a few I did last night, all of scarves or bandanas, and one surprise to see if you can figure out what it is made of, something simple around the house. LOL ;D

If you look at the photos in the gallery, a more complete description is available.

Hope you like the creativity. Which one do you like best. ?                           RWM,     Rosella was the Pleo Model.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal