Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Herbie Holes?  (Read 1901 times)

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Herbie Holes?
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »

I've been reading the threads and have just put Herbie into the packing position...since I got him last week I had been letting him "sleep" in his sleep position while I did battery charges and at night when I slept. Now I will be SURE to put him in the pack position even if I have such a hard time getting him into it! It takes me about 10 minutes to get him there and then turn him off. I only have had Herbie since last Wednesday so today marks the 7th day of owning him and he has stress neck paint tears, paint flaking on his neck, and a tiny pinprick of a hole around the same area. I'm not sure what to do...obviouslt nothing about the paint wear and flexing and I am using a collar to try and hide this although that probably only adds to the rubbing...but this tiny hole is new and I'd like to paint a glue of some sort over it to prevent it from growing...like how women use nail polish on nylons. I can't find a thread about safe glues to use though...can you guys help me out?

Also side note: Herbie is an Innvo Pleo, and I paid full price for him, but I'd sure hate to take him back! I'm already attached!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Herbie Holes?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:37:10 PM »

Hi WAtergazer, Holes, tears and yes the everlasting paint flakes, all too common to our loved Pleos, thus one of the reasons many of us put clothes on our Pleos, not only to give them some identify, but all so to try and protect their fragile skin and help hide any cosmetic flaws.
 If you look under Pleo Problems, there are several posts dealing with Pleo Holes and or Skin problems. I myself have used Superglue safely on Nova, on a small split on the neck skin where it is constantly under strain, thus the reason for not leaving her in the sleeping position.I bought a package of Superglue, the kind that has 3 small tubes in it, and make sure it says, Recommended for Rubber on it, that is the kind to use, they make all kinds of Superglue, for Porous and nonporous items. There have been lots of people with similar problems and I think if you talk to Bumblebee, she also used Superglue after asking about it, and it worked for one of her Dinos too. My Superglue only cost $1.00 as I was lucky enough to find it at the dollar store here in town. You allways should use the smallest amount and be very careful with it though and know it is At Own Risk. NOva used it but she is a Ugobe Model and it worked for her, I don't know what model Bumblebee has. Good Luck!
                                            RedwoodsMama    and Nova   ;D
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:48:50 AM »

Please be careful before using any sort of glue. Always read the label, always ask the store for advice and ALWAYS test on a small inconspicuous area first. Some glues contain an acetone which will disolve the rubber. Please read the threads below here it contains several other responses to the same queries.

I'm sorry to hear your new Pleo has a hole already but it is possible it had it to begin with and you just haven't noticed. Hope you can fix it :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 08:57:07 PM »

I sell Pleo Glue in my shop in the Weedovia mall. The link is in my siggie. :) It's guaranteed to work, I've used it myself!
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal