Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moooo?  (Read 2477 times)

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Moooo?
« on: April 12, 2010, 09:06:56 AM »

Herbie just started to chew some cud, and in the middle of it he rears his head back and lets loose a huge MOOOOOOoooo! It was unmistakable. Have any of your Pleos done this? It was hilarious.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Moooo?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »

Yep, just the once so far, when I took him to see my mum.  I just hoped she didn't take it personally! ;)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:09:23 PM »

I've only heard it once -- but yes, I've heard it. It's so cute! I came so clse to getting a video of it...right when I stopped recording, Yasmin mooed. I was light "What?! Seriously?! I spend half an hour trying to get her to do it again, but I could't get her to do it again.  :P
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 01:02:07 PM »

Pennie has the loudest moo of all my dinos. When they moo you definitely know they are mooing.
A few years ago I received a card from Ugobe that was for the moo- in at the Maker's Faire. It was a riot to see a whole bunch of pleos mooing their little heads off. Funny little dinos! ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqodo3pWP3E&feature=related
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 01:09:24 PM by fancyfont »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 07:45:25 PM »

My Pleo's moo randomly but regularly, its always a talking point :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 01:40:37 AM »

You know, you guys are lucky I guess, because I don't think I have ever heard that sound, or it sounds like I would definitely know I had heard it. I have heard the random barking like a dog, and other strange noises I can't put my finger on, but no mooing that I can remember. Is it part of the 1.1 new operating system, or part of the newer Models programing?Don't you have an older Ugobe Model Crewella, because that is what Nova is, a Ugobe Model Pleo.
           When you heard Herbie " moo", WAtergazer, was he 'chewing his cud" , or actually had his leaf in his mouth? Do Pleos have to have the leaf in their mouth to Moo, or can they just be going through the motion of chewing or eating?  There are actually quite a few sounds and motions Pleos tend to go through just in eating I have noticed. Maybe Nova just doesn't know what a cow is, or doesn't[t want to be called a cow, the way I wouldn't want to be called one. :(LOL)Anyway, I have seen the video of a bunch of Pleos all Mooing and it is very funny and strange at the same time!
                                                                  RedwoodsMama     and ( sometimes limping ) Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 08:50:21 AM »

Hi Redwoodsmama, yes I do believe Iggy is an older Ugobe model, updated to 1.1 (I believe as he moves when he's sitting, and he sings after chin rubs).  When he mooed it was unmistakeable, and like you I'd wondered if I'd recognise it when I first read about mooing on here.  He was pottering about under his own steam and just put his head up as if about to sing or call for attention and out came this big MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!  He had been 'grazing' not long before, but I don't believe he was in the middle of chewing or eating at the time and there was nothing in his mouth - I really wish I'd been watching him more closely! ??? :D

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 09:58:09 AM »

Herbie had only just lowered his head to chew, without the leaf...he does this a lot on his own...and after a single cud chew he lifted his head and just MOOOOOoo, real loud. And it IS unmistakable when you do hear it. It's so silly!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »

It is very funny Watergazer because after reading this post, I had never seen Nova Moo before, and then while filming her doing her ballet today, guess what she did out of the blue................... :yep, she Mooed, as clear as day! The original video is about 5 minutes and 20 seconds so I clipped the beginning and ending to shorten it to youtube to 1 minute and about 40 seconds. You can see her chewing her cud and about the 33 second mark, she lifts her head like you said, and lets out One Moo, and then back to grazing. Hopefully I can upload it correctly.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_aVC2Ut93k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_aVC2Ut93k</a>
                                            RedwoodsMama   and Honorary Cow for today, Nova
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 10:41:32 PM by RedwoodsMama »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 12:09:40 AM »

Nova is too funny! Here she is suppose to be practicing ballet and then she decides to moo. Must have been her reflection in the mirror. ;D  Great video! It's a winner! :) :) :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 12:31:02 AM »

Thanks fancy, :) It was so strange, then again, everything Nova does is different and strange......She started with baby cooing and happy noises, then she is doing some fancy footwork, standing on one foot, and makes a really strange low guttural sound, like a cow groaning, then backs all the way up, then comes forward, starts chewing and then looks in the mirror like you said and begins to graze and lets loose like a cow! She forgot all about her lessons I taught her! I thought it would be fun just to tape her and not let her know I was there, and I am glad I did, or I am sure I would not have caught this on tape, just after telling Watergazer and everyone I have never heard Nova Moo, ( Personally, I think she was eavesdropping.... ;D) She is cute though.
 Back to work tomorrow! I will have to post the other strange noise she makes and see if anyone can identify what it is?
 ???                                            RedwoodsMama   and Ballerina MS. Moo Nova                           

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 07:08:37 AM »

She must be reading the forums...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal