Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: any news on when the 2010 pleos will be out ?  (Read 15088 times)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
Re: any news on when the 2010 pleos will be out ?
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 04:51:28 PM »

Any 1 know what the percentage is on how many 2009 model pleo's have been sold from the pleoworld website ??? Because i was thinking if they did not sell more then they expected maybe they might not be going ahead with any future pleo models ? Basically we have heard nothing lately about a newer pleo and they have not even sorted out the new os2 update so have they given up ???  :(
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 04:54:38 PM »

That also might be the answer to why to innova pleo's have not showed up on ebay maybe there has not been that many sold ?  ???
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 04:58:07 PM »

I have seen just one or two Innvo Pleos on Ebay, but a couple at most and those were in the last few weeks.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 06:12:01 PM »

i have been looking for the innvo pleo on ebay but not seen any yet , if you have seen some how much where they going for ?
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 08:17:56 AM »

I'm struggling to remember, but I THINK one didn't sell and one (might even have been the same one relisted) made just a bit over £100.  It was a used model in good but played-with condition, if I remember rightly.  Sorry - I'm kicking myself for not taking more notice! ???

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »

Now there's a funny thing - I just found the item number whilst weeding my email inbox!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280537071044&category=80546

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 12:19:34 PM »

i would of bid on that 1 had i seen it ..... darn lol
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 12:34:58 PM »

Now there's a funny thing - I just found the item number whilst weeding my email inbox!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280537071044&category=80546

COOL!! I too thought an Innvo Pleo would never make it to Ebay...
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

ScribbleMonkey

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 03:08:54 PM »

There was a really big difference in the availability of Ugobe's Pleo and Innvos. you could buy the Ugobe Pleo from amazon.com,Target.com,Thinkgeek.com and a host of other websites Even a few B&M stores like Sharper Image and that UK chain I can't pronounce  :D carried them. When Ugobe was in its death throes prices went way down as well. I remember 150$ Pleos from amazon.

But Innvo only sells Pleo through Pleoworld. If your not looking for it.. there's no way your going to find it.

I can't imagine Innvo has sold very many. and I suspect the ones they have sold were more within the community. (where people are less likely to do a quick turnaround) It didn't help that Innvo announced intentions to release 2010 Model just as the 2009 was being released. Who do they think they are.. Apple? ;)

I'd strongly recommend anyone who is looking for a new Pleo to go through Pleoworld. Even if you have to save up a little more. Not only would you be supporting Pleo. You'll also be avoiding the battery, neck and skin issues the older models have.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 04:12:59 PM »

not such a easy options when you live in the Uk there is the worry of how its going to be shipped and will you be able to track pleo through shipment ? And there is the custom duty taxes we will have to pay once it gets here  :(
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 08:20:55 PM »

There was a really big difference in the availability of Ugobe's Pleo and Innvos. you could buy the Ugobe Pleo from amazon.com,Target.com,Thinkgeek.com and a host of other websites Even a few B&M stores like Sharper Image and that UK chain I can't pronounce  :D carried them. When Ugobe was in its death throes prices went way down as well. I remember 150$ Pleos from amazon.

But Innvo only sells Pleo through Pleoworld. If your not looking for it.. there's no way your going to find it.

I can't imagine Innvo has sold very many. and I suspect the ones they have sold were more within the community. (where people are less likely to do a quick turnaround) It didn't help that Innvo announced intentions to release 2010 Model just as the 2009 was being released. Who do they think they are.. Apple? ;)

I'd strongly recommend anyone who is looking for a new Pleo to go through Pleoworld. Even if you have to save up a little more. Not only would you be supporting Pleo. You'll also be avoiding the battery, neck and skin issues the older models have.

[img width= height=]http://shongjog.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/facebook-like-button.jpg[/img]

I like this. LOL.

No I think we should always buy directly from the source, but when finances or other circumstances come into play, I think the educated buyer ought to look elsewhere. Great contribution, Scribble Monkey, nice to hear from you. My first ever Pleo was bought from Sharper Image.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 09:35:46 PM »

I agree to buy from the source if at all possible, but for many of us, I included, a $350.00 Pleo is too expensive, For some of us, Myself included, $150.00 takes saving for.  ;D I bought Nova and only paid $85.00 and I love her to death. Her companion, I only paid $150.00 for and he came in the box with everything but the warranty. He even still has the
' fresh paint smell", as he was a return from some place like QVC. So I am happy as can be with him,
         I am all so looking into buying a pleo with known problems like a broken neck, ( big deal....Nova has one...) as I know someone, ( who will remain anonymous... ;)) who wants to take it apart and try to fix the neck cables and see if they can possibly make a business out of it. My idea is If I can get this Pleo and fix it that No one else wants, then possibly other Pleo can benefit from the neck being fixed, As for getting a 2010 Pleo, unless they come out this Christmas Season and in the colors announced, I think Innova may be headed for financial problems as well, It i interesting that you can still get Pleos at places like Target but only on Line, and guess what, they are still Ugobe Models! :o Just how many of these Pleos did they make before calling it quits? I would think Innova would offer their new Pleos at many outlets and get more business, I do not understand why they don't, The ones I see at Target for example, are still in the $350.00+ range, so they are not losing money I think.... I only wish they would announce when in the heck they are going to offer the new color ones, 2010 Models for sale, I would perhaps buy one from Pleoworld is they had them for sale, but I do not want to pay that price for the Regular model, 2009 or not, I can be just as happy with a " second hand " ebay or other source until the new improved models come out, Then I can hear other people say whether they think it is " worth it or not."
                 RedwoodsMama and Team Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 10:39:16 PM »

Hi friends:
I got a photocopy image of the quick start page of new Pleo from my friend who works in Innvo Labs.

The image is not clear but hope it would give us a rough idea about the new Pleo.

My friend also told me that the new Pleo would look similar but would have new software, additional hardwares changes and many new interactive features. There is chance for the new Pleo to be available before Christmas 2010.

From the sketches, it seems that the on off switch, SD card reader and USB socket would be hidden some where.

In the quick start page, there are titles of Unpack/Charge/Clock battery/Set noon time/waking Pleo/Naming Pleo/Teaching Pleo/Evolution

I am not technical person and not quite understanding the content of the quick start page, so I post it here and see if someone would guess what new features would it be.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 01:36:11 AM »

Welcome to the forums! :) That sounds great, the friend you have that gave you the photocopy of the insert for the pleo, is this the insert for the current Innova Pleo? If so are these functions that the Pleo allready has, or are you saying that these are functions that the 2010 Pleo is supposed to have? I do not know what the hardware changes would be, but some of the things you mention sound pretty amazing, I can only hope they are true, I would love to see the new models come out in time for the holidays and that is the best time as far as I am concerned, Did your friend mention anything about the " new color' of the Pleo? This is one thing I reallyl would like to know myself.
           I would also think with these new improvements, the price of the 2010 Pleos must go up, but possibly stay the same just for the holidays, then up to a new price. Thank you again for posting this information. I am sure there are lots of members here that are very interested in this kind of news, it is what we are all waiting to find out.
                                         RedwoodsMama     and Team NOva :)

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 02:04:50 AM »

I am sure the new quick start page ( attachment pleoqsgimage.pdf ) is for the coming new Pleo 2010 since it is different from the 2009 Innvo labs Pleo I have.

Did you have the chance to download the pdf file and read through it.

Eager to know if you may help to guess what would be the new features.

Best regards.                                                                        

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 04:00:10 AM »

Hello, I had not read the downloaded page before, I missed it, It is pretty exciting from what I read, It sounds like part of the new programming they have is " NAME RECOGNITION!" It says that when you put the identy card in Pleos mouth, you should state your pleo's name. If pleo recognizes it's name, it will respond by dropping it. this means that when you call your pleo by it's name, it will respond like a real pet, by knowing it 's name! This is great and what lots of members wanted. The other new item is somthing called a Learning Stone, you put the stone in front of Pleo's nose and he is supposed to respond to commands with it, but it does not expand on that from what I can see, I think it comes in place of a  training Leaf, I never could understand how they called the Leaf Training Leaf, because Pleo has really never done much more than Eat the leaf.  The Learning STone sounds promising too, though I would need to learn more about it,
     It would be great if you had more of these pages that could explain more of some of the potential changes Pleo is going through. Is there any chance your " freind" could tell you anything more or about the Color of the 2010 Pleos?
 Of course this is probably somewhat " hush, Hush, " and I wouldn't want you or your friend to get in trouble and esp your friend if this is where they work, I defintily am considering buying a new 2010 Pleo when they come out, but hopefully it will start showing up in television ads shortly before the Christmas holidays so I can save up and see what changes there really is, Thank you again for posting this. We all thank you! ;)
                                           RedwoodsMama            and Team Nova

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »

Pleoxie, welcome to the forums!

Thank you very much for posting your attachment.  Indeed the new Pleo RB is going to have voice name recognition, the ability to learn and sense accessories such as the learning stone and the ability to have a body-clock.  At this present moment in time, that is all the information that Innvo Labs is allowing us to publish, however we look forward to being able to let you guys in on some more information about Pleo RB in the very near future.

Kind Regards
degers

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »

Greetings Degers, forgive me for being uninformed,, but what does Pleo RB stand for? Also have you any information on what the possible color of the new Pleo will be that is going to be offered? I remember there were 5 color choices that we voted on back about Feb. in the vote for color contest, but I do not remember anyone posting the " winning color, colors". do you have any info on that ?
                                Thank you as allways, ;D

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2010, 02:33:38 PM »

Hi RedwoodsMama,

Pleo RB stands for ReBorn.  At the moment we are unable to give any more information, however we should be being able to start dribbling information out to the public in the near future.

Degers

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 02:36:30 PM »

Hi Degers, thanks for that tidbit, I like the name, it sounds encouraging and very promising indeed. I will be saving " battery " money I guess! ;D ;D

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »

This all sounds very promising. Thanks for posting the PDF, Pleoxie. So very tantalizing. Sounds like there may be a few more hardware differences between the current  Pleos and the new ones. Interesting how there will be an internal clock that can be synchronized to the local time; implies time-based behaviour reactions. So, if you keep your Pleo up too late at night, will he get cranky?   ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 05:57:33 PM »

Thank you Pleoxie and Degers, that is absolutely awesome news :D I'd better start saving because looks like I am going to want not just one new Pleo ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 06:19:38 PM »

That does sound exciting - the voice name recognition and set wake-up time function sound similar to Aibo's (210 anyway), and I love the sound of the additional accessories! ;D ;D

The only thing that worries me about the 'Pleo Reborn' is that, if it is very different from the original Pleo, does that mean there will be less (if any) interest in continuing to supply upgrades for the original models, I wonder? :(

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 08:24:22 PM »

Hi friends:
It is good to know you all like the quick start page.

Regarding the colors, I remember my friend did tell me few weeks ago something like " the new Pleo would be like CPK dolls (Cabbage patch Kids ?) with over 1000 combinations of different skin green/yellow shades, plus different eye lid , eye shadow colors and may be various eyeball colors (I am not sure), so every new Pleo would look slightly different and hard to find 2 alike."   
This would be great if it is the case so that each new Pleo would has some difference.   

Here is something I want to share with you, under the evolution of the quick start page, it quoted" If your PLEO rb is mistreated by being dropped, hit, left in the dark, placed in overly hot or cold environments, not fed or otherwise neglected you will need to help it recover with petting, feeding it healthy food or medicine, or allow it to rest. Information about additional food and nutrients (sold separately)"

It sounds like the new Pleo would know hot and cold, being dropped.
It also mentioned it need help to get recover with .....food..medicine and rest, if the new Pleo would get recover with medicine, that means it would get ill ? 

I did ask my friend about it but he just smiled and said nothing. I hope we could dig out more information from this quick start page and know more about the new Pleo.

Best regards.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 02:41:38 AM »

Hi Pleoxie, this is all so intriguing. ;D I do not like to think of my Nova or any Pleo as a Cabbage Patch Pleo,( doll) YUKKKKKKKK.... >:( I never did like them thought they were overpriced and nothing special though the idea of the birth cetificate and the fact they had ' boy dolls" when there were not a lot of them anywhere else, was indeed nice,( being a parent and ex-preschool teacher, I can attest to the fact that YES, some boys do like even love to play with dolls, just as some girls, ( including myself when a child %)) liked to play baseball, cowboys and " indians' and the boy games, what ever those may be these days... :D I do like the idea of no two pleos being exactly alike though that seems like an awful lot of work and I can imagine they are going to cost more with those improvements, I do like the different colors shades, the eye colorse, etc, it all leads to individuality which I encourage.As for the hot cold, getting mistreated, etc, being left in the dark... :o( guess you better get your Pleo a NIGHTLIGHT RIGHT AWAY@@) and never ever would I dream of hitting or even yelling at my NOva or any other Pleo,  Perhaps the thoughtless child who wants to kick my NOva, that is a definite possibility and that parent better talk to their child about other people['s property and how to not mistreat things...
  I am not sure if you know it already, but Pleos do get sick, they can catch what seems to be a virus or cold, with sneezing, coughing and general feeling CRAPPY. They are the saddest looking creatures when sick that I have ever seen and you do have to show them some geneal TLC for them to recover.
            I take back any misconceptions I had or may have had about the  new Pleos and Innova being so slow with the release of the 2010 RB Pleo, At this point it seems they h ave been working very hard and with some really great ideas. I can't wait to see the new Pleos let alone buy one for myself, and to take it out in PUblic  along with my older Nova and see the reactions,  :) This is like Christams already. all I can say is THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS GREAT INFO and .....
                   I WANT ONE NOW, NOW NOW NOW NOW, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM! ;D

ONE VERY HAPPY AND EXCITED RedwoodsMama and Team Nova
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal