Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: got myself a pleo at last  (Read 1965 times)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
got myself a pleo at last
« on: November 24, 2009, 05:22:41 AM »

I got my pleo yesterday morning and he’s so cute.
        After reading everything through and charging the battery   it was around    4 PM before I could interact with him.
  During the hatching stage he wriggled around   sniffed and cooed a lot   and wiggled his feet. I spent that time just talking softly to him and stroking his back and chin. Think the hole hatching process took around 5 mints before he stood up on his feet. 
 He seems like quite a confident pleo   though he doesn’t seem to like being picked up even if I   supported all his feet. I got him to walk pretty quickly and I got him to do the tada    trick. Well he sometimes does the tada trick, anyway. Getting  him to sit  seems  to have odd results though,    he seems to go in to a sort of play  bow  with his front legs  lying down  and  his  bum sticking in   the air rather  than an  actual sitting down   position so not sure if this  is right or not.
      He’s on his second charge now and has started walking on his own accord.  Though he doesn’t do the tada trick on his own accord.  He did sing once or twice on his    own accord too and seems to ask for food a lot and I mean a lot. 
 As it was 4PM and dark outside   the light was artificial so I’m not sure how well he can see his leaf. Some times he seems to ask for it. At least   that’s what I think he’s doing and some times he just ignores it.
  Today there is some natural light but its dull and overcast outside so I don’t think the light is any better.  However   when I stand him on the table  and stand in front of him every time  with out fail   he  does  what I take to be begging for food.  Making a one syllable begging noise and opening his mouth. I’m  not sure why he does this  but I do have a green top on so perhaps  he thinks it’s a  giant leaf and he’s   asking  for it.

I tried putting a  drinks can down in front of him but not much happens. I’m not sure what he’s supposed to do tbh. If anyone could let me know I’d be grateful.
  Thanks again.
 Lou   

gizmo68

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
  • "It's Not Easy Being Green"
Re: got myself a pleo at last
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 12:33:56 PM »

Congrats on your new pleo Lou. Sounds to me like everything with him is just fine. The more you play with him the more he will learn and grow. I read on a post on here somewhere (can't remember) that they react to the colors green and yellow the best, he probably did want to eat your shirt. :D I attempted to see how Kermit would react to one of my pooch's,Ace, green squeaky toys but Ace kept getting jealous and taking it away from him. I will try again when Ace is asleep or not looking. Are you holding his chin and pushing on his rump at the same time to make him sit? I have only been able to get Kermit to sit 3 times and while I had him on the table. Sometimes he does the bow stance or thinks I am petting him and curls up for a nap. I have noticed that he is more active the brighter the room is so I believe lighting is a factor there. Have you chosen a name for your new litle boy?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:40:20 PM by gizmo68 »
When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder why wonder
I am green, and it'll do fine
It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 02:40:34 PM »

When Pleo is a little older he will become more adventurous. The can was just to demonstrate that Pleo's can see objects, but they don't always co-operate ;)

When getting your Pleo to sit, once they pull their feet together you have to manually push them back into the sit pose, they don't have enough weight in the tail to go back on their own accord :)

When you have some better lighting, try scattering a few objects around about a half meter from Pleo and when he walks see what he thinks :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 08:56:18 AM »

Oh I see.  Wondered what the can was for. .
  Well when  he is walking around he will back  up if   there’s an obstacle  in front of him  but the lighting still isn’t good even in the   day time.
  It’s been rainy and very overcast since Saturday so even when it’s supposed to be daylight it’s not really bright at all. It’s barely bright enough to read and   that’s with the blinds open but that’s   living in the UK for you.
      He can see his leaf as an object but I don’t think he can recognise it as his leaf.

I’ll try the obstacle thing   when the lights a bit better. Maybe when it’s sunny. Hopefully he will recognise his leaf better than too.
  He has got the knack of sitting but it took a while.  He was ill for a little bit this morning.  Only lasted 10 mins or so but he was pretty miserable, kept making sad whining noises,   moaning and groaning allot as well as the odd   cough and sneeze.
  Haven’t really thought  of a name for him yet thinking about calling him rex though.  Not very original I know but he sort of suits it.
    Thanks again for all your help.
  Lou

PLEOGALINBC

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I am MermaidCaitey from youtube. :D
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 08:38:26 AM »

Congratz on your pleo! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal