Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo only runs if sd card inserted  (Read 3104 times)

payas

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
Pleo only runs if sd card inserted
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:14:36 AM »

I fully charged battery and turned him on and all he does is run for a few seconds then stops. If you put a sd card in with the firmware on it will run normal, had him going for 20 mins which means the battery was ok but if you remove the sd card he comes on but slugish and slow and make some very odd noised and clicks from the speaker and freezes. He does this a couple of times then just refuses to come on at all. To get him moving again i have to insert the sd card and turn him on. you get a jingle play the he bursts into life again. Strange

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
Re: Pleo only runs if sd card inserted
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:13:55 AM »

Sorry to hear your Pleo is in trouble.

Other people have had the same problem and fixed it.
View this link. http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=40.0

Follow the instructions given my mweed, and write back.

You also can contact support@pleoworld.com
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:18:44 AM by Echo »

payas

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 10:00:22 AM »

Hi thanks for thr reply. I have downgraded pleo and reflashed him and still no joy. He boots up without the sd card but only runs for a minute or two the freezes and turning him off and on does nothing. you have to then insert the sd card with the update on and it beeps 3 times the comes to life and will work all day long as long as the sd card is in. Take it out and he works for a few mins the stops again. wierd

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »

Ok, the information you have provided shows that it is not a battery issue.  If you have downgraded and reinstalled the OS, this suggests it's not an OS software issue. When you downgraded to an earlier OS, did you try turning him on and letting him run for a while  or did you upgrade agin to 1.1 right away?   If you did not let him boot up on the earlier OS for a while, just try that and see if he will run for a while before we move on to other causes.  Have you done any custom work with his software or used any outside applications to add skits to his behavior or anything like that?

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 11:21:21 AM »

If you try running OS 1.0.2 awhile then upgrading to 1.1 and you have the same trouble, here is another option.

I have read on the net that at one time someone on pleoworld.com posted the following to fix Pleos that freeze up.

"After you update successfully and you find Pleo freezes please do the following:

NOTE:Put your thumb between Pleo's eyes and index finger under his chin and squeeze his mouth together while holding his button on his belly down for approx 10 seconds.

Then Turn Pleo on then off and hold him upside down by the tail for approx 15 seconds. Pleo should appear aggravated and begin to call out."

Since I have NOT had any experience with this procedure, if I were you I would check it out with support@pleoworld.com before trying it.  
Note that pleoworld as of October 2009 is now under Innvo Labs instead of Ugobe and there are different people answering emails. Personally, I have found most of my tech support questions are not answered in a way that is helpful.  Write to them anyway and post their reply here.

Is your Pleo under warranty?   If it is a new Pleo, I think you should exchange it if support@pleoworld.com can't help you.  It is very unusual for this sort of problem not to be fixed by the procedures you have already tried.  Pleos are really wonderful and most do work correctly.
By the way, the new Innvo Labs Pleos for sale only at Pleoworld.com are an improved version of the Ugobe Pleo.
Keep us posted on what you decide to do and how it goes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:04:03 AM by Echo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal