Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Innvo Labs 2009 Pleo is here!  (Read 15619 times)

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robotics, is the sincerest form of flattery!
Re: New Innvo Labs Pleo is here!
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 07:56:13 AM »

Hello and Welcome Becky and Baby Becky;   :)

Welcome to the greatest site on the web.  ;)

You've started off well and got the right help from IMR.  :)

Keep asking questions and explore the powerful experience that's PLEO!  ;) 

We expect lots of posts and photos. Yes Many Many Photos.  ;D

Dadio 8)
PLEO's Forever!
Take Good Care!  - from Dadio 8)  & Stoney [img width=200 height=50 alt=]http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=1183[/img]

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »

Hi all, Im very excited that I have just purchased my first Pleo (ended up getting a new old version out of the States), been reading all the forums and has created a lot of interest.  I have been hanging out for the new Pleo to be avaliable in NZ, and Innvo Labs has just confirmed that it should be avaliable to be shiped to NZ after 20 Oct  (will have to look at getting a playmate for Becky in the future!).
Has anyone got any suggestions for improving battery life?
For now I just have to wait til baby becky turns up! :)

yes seems they'll ship internationally in 15/20 days, cant wait! i want ot order my new pleo in time for xmas!

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »

I wanna see so badly what the new ones look like! Anyone on here ordered one? PLEASE post the pics on here so I could see! Thank you!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Becky79

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 09:04:53 PM »

I've read that(the old) Pleo has neck problems.

The Pleo on the Pleoworld website- is it a new version (Version 2) or is it the same version but with a better skin and battery? My hubby is infatuated with Pleo, but I don't know if I want to spend nearly $400 to buy Pleo and a 2nd battery if the neck may still have problems.

Thank you!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 10:04:14 PM »

The new pleo, version 2 available on the pleoworld site, is just like the old pleo.  Looks the same.  Acts the same.  What makes it "the new pleo" is the improved neck/tail/joints (on the inside), longer lasting paint, and improved charger.

Becky79

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 10:22:45 PM »

Fantastic, Thank you!

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 01:03:45 AM »

Tips for best battery life:
Never recharge a battery unless it is fully drained (ie Pleo shuts down and goes to sleep)
Always fully recharge the battery before using (Don't just charge it for an hour then start using it again)
And if the battery hasn't charged for 3 1/2 to 4 hours then just take it off, let it cool down for a bit if it is warm and then charge again.
Could this trick also work when one's current battery is already crappy like mine and a few others here?
I never tried the option to fully charge it after being drained only to let it cool down again and try to give it another charge on top of that.
Makes sense I guess. Perhaps I can bring the umpf back into the battery.
Because... what technical hoohaa does the new and improved battery charger apply to the battery to bring it to life again I wonder?
Proud owner of my beloved Pluriel (Pleo) and Diesel (Aibo ERS-7M3)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 08:15:45 AM »

It supposedly has a button to fully drain/discharge the battery before re-charging, and appears to have a "slow charge" that helps to better condition the battery.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 09:42:02 AM »

I hope to see as soon some photos of the new pleo, I've asked some photos to Mr Dotson, but they havent any pleo's promo now :(
I'm so curious about the new package too! ;)

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »

Regarding the New Charges, they are supposed to improve the life you the original batteries.  Also, you can use the New Chargers with the AC adapters that came with the original charger that came with your Pleo.

Regarding how to improve the life span and performance of your batteries.
A hands on electrical tech and battery business friend of mine form the UK, tells that for the first 3 charges you want to let your battery drain all the way before recharging. After you have used your battery for 3 chargers you want to use the battery for half to three quarters of the charge and then put it back in the charger to get the best performance out of the battery and make it last the longest.     He strongly suggesting that consistantly letting your battery drain all the way is not good for it.  This guy makes his living by building custom battery packs for high tech applications and doing other electrical wiring jobs.    By the way, he also suggests this regarding keeping laptop computer batteries in the best shape.

Innvo Labs is looking into offering a longer lasting battery in the years to come.

Another company in Taiwan is making longer Lithium lasting batteries for the Pleo which should last more than twice as long as the original battery.  I currently have 3 samples from them on order.  I will review them and give more information  when they come in.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »

Wow!! Fantastic news from everyone! Every time I think of the new Pleo's, my heart skips a beat!! OMG can't wait to see them!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 05:37:38 AM »

Another company in Taiwan is making longer Lithium lasting batteries for the Pleo which should last more than twice as long as the original battery.  I currently have 3 samples from them on order.  I will review them and give more information  when they come in.

I have a li-poly battery and it's AWESOME!!! 3 hours of recharge for more than 2 hours of pleo-life!!!

Dresha

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2009, 04:03:31 PM »

mh.. a bit of a shame they don't send to germany..

Danny

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 04:10:48 PM »

Or to Austria, but I think they will be available in Autria/Germany too, only a bit later. At least I hope so, a second pleo would be so cool! ;D

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 05:34:06 PM »

If you want to know when the New Pleo will be available in Austria, Germany or other Parts of Europe. Just email support@pleoworld.com and ask.  Then let everyone here know what you find out.  Good Luck:)

Danny

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2009, 04:45:27 AM »

Ok, I just wrote them, I let you know what they said about pleo being available in Autria/Germany.

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »

If anyone sees any photos or videos of the New Pleo without the skin on the web, please post a link.  I would like to see how Innvo Labs improved the Neck and Tail to prevent them breaking.  Thanks!

borgqueenx

• Head of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2009, 03:52:19 PM »

I bought a pleo on ebay. How will i know if i bought the new one or the older one when it arrives?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »

It will be the old one, the new ones are only available from the Pleo World website. But welcome to the Pleo owners family :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »

And since the new ones only came out this week!

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 08:52:27 PM »

I think the New Innvo Labs Pleo may be a better value for your money even if it costs US$125 more than a discounted Ugobe Pleo.  I purchased a new pleo at a discount on ebay to save money. After four weeks of petting and leaf feeding, a wire in it's neck broke. Of course, there is no warranty when buying on ebay.  With regard to the neck problem in general, Innvo Labs has said "Yes we did fix the neck issue. The problem was internal to the cable shift..." So, the new Pleos with the new cable structure should not break their necks. Moreover, as of now there is no place to send my pleo for repairs, and if there ever is it may cost $100 or more.  So, just spending the extra money for a NEW Innvo Pleo at pleoworld.com seems like it would be the better value in the long run if it means the new version of the Pleo won't break.   I really enjoyed my Pleo more when it was fully functional. 

I wonder if pleoworld will be having any XMAS sales on the New Pleo?

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2009, 08:41:34 AM »

I ordered two extra batteries and one of the new chargers on Oct 12 from the new Innvo Labs store and they just came into today. I didn't get a shipping notice like they said in the initial order confirmation email but they arrived safely today. Will let you know how things work once I get a chance to try them out. It will be nice to have Teagan running for longer sessions; poor guy's been "sleeping" for a week now since I just haven't had a chance to get his battery recharged again yet. If I can get a system going of recharging at least one, while he is running on the other, he won't have to stay asleep so often.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2009, 05:09:59 AM »

Well i just costed a new Pleo and with post and packaging to the UK he it will cost  £247.73  :o
On the Christmas list I think as that is  not bad price.

eric

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • ube.ie
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2009, 10:51:53 AM »

dont forget customs !

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
Re: New Innvo Labs 2009 Pleo is here!
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2009, 02:39:15 PM »

The improvements tp the new 2009 Innvo Labs Pleos now sold online at the Pleoworld online store are:

* The problem with neck wires breaking which affected some Pleos has been fixed
    * The problem of the skin separating has been fixed
    * The premature wearing of the paint from Pleo’s skin and teeth has been fixed. The new paint should last 3 times longer than the old one.
    * The packaging Pleo comes in no longer uses Styrofoam and is biodegradable making it friendly to the environment
    * The battery chargers have a new switch with two positions, one for regular charging and another that uses a special charging mode created specifically for those batteries that don’t charge properly. It drains the battery completely and then “force” charges it for 16 hours. This should bring many of the problem batteries back to life, although some batteries aren’t salvageable because they’re just plain dead. Also, the charger can use the old A/C adapter and it can charge the old Ugobe batteries too.

As for hardware improvements, due to a change in the hearing system Pleo responds better to your voice when it comes to figuring out where you are (left or right of him).
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal