Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hello all!  (Read 1315 times)

Fierox

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
hello all!
« on: August 16, 2009, 07:04:46 AM »

hello all,

untill a while ago i had never heared about pleo's.
Ive been looking a few times for secondhanded Aibo but the price tag was still a bit to high for me (i wasnt sure if i would really like them and all).
Then i stumbled on pleo, seeing a few video's about the little dino convinced me, i had to try this :)

This forum already been great getting some more info (the good and bad) about pleo's, great material for someone new to them. So thx for that!

Yesterday pleo arrived and Chip woke up for the first time.
Well the first time he woke up he didnt do that much yet, but he did "nothing" in the most adorable way! Amazing how this relativly simple robot can also be so lifelike.
The second time he was up he walked a little, cleared the table with his tail and started humming one time!

Only drawback so far is that pleo is way too much fun for the little battery in his belly. I think i get about 30-45 mins out of it. Im going to look into that monday.
There is a RC shop here, the people are very helpfull and guru's on whats possible with batteries so ill go visit them with chip and see whats possible.
hopefully theres a lithium-ion option although i doubt it, otherwise maybe a heavy duty version that can be made of nimh that carries a bit more.
Second thing im thinking off is has anyone ever thought of a wired option next to the battery?
Ill let you know what comes up :)

hey, a green light coming from the charger! gotta go!

regards,
Edwin

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
Re: hello all!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »

Hi Edwin and Chip.   

Only drawback so far is that pleo is way too much fun for the little battery in his belly. I think i get about 30-45 mins out of it. Im going to look into that monday.
There is a RC shop here, the people are very helpfull and guru's on whats possible with batteries so ill go visit them with chip and see whats possible.
hopefully theres a lithium-ion option although i doubt it, otherwise maybe a heavy duty version that can be made of nimh that carries a bit more.
Second thing im thinking off is has anyone ever thought of a wired option next to the battery?
    they take a bit of time to work at max efficiency.(a few charges)   Cammey and Cloeys battery's were like that in the beginning too.  but now they last usually around an ower and a haff.(and sometimes more)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 05:59:54 PM »

Hi Edwin and Chip :) Nice to meet you :)

There are better batteries available but they are hard to get hold of, you also need to have a new charger for them. More details here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=164.0

And yup someone did come up with a wired version of Pleo, I can't find a topic on here though, try searching on YouTube...
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Fierox

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »

thx for the reactions!
You were right the battery is starting to last longer it seems, there is certainly more power in chip :)
As for batteries, after some searching lithium-ion seems too expensive for my taste, i ordered some battery tray's, combined with some 2500 mAh batteries and ill try to build something nice :)

Im not sure about something, i thought ive read somewhere that pleo can track objects like its leaf and stuff, is this true?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 04:48:48 PM »

Pleo does recognize the leaf on the 1.1 software, but you have to hold it just in front of his/her nose in decent lighting for them to see it. Pleo does notice if you walk past or if there is a large object to the side of him and in watchdog mode Pleo will sound an 'alarm' when he detects someone (all this requires good lighting) but as for tracking and following an object like an Aibo, at this stage it isn't possible.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal