Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleopatra Tools  (Read 30037 times)

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
Re: Pleopatra Tools
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 12:29:36 PM »

A couple of early notes:
When you refresh the camera picture pleo resets
I've also had a little trouble with com4 not showing up sometimes when i connect
Thats not critisicm though you've done a great job big THANK YOU from me  :-* lol
Innvo Labs, creating life since 2009

Blackhalflife

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 02:42:27 PM »

But he is looking for help in cleaning and updating it. ^-^

thats one reason why we decide to make it open source ;) but of course we will still work on the code

edit:
When you refresh the camera picture pleo resets

yes he have to! you cant take a picture while pleo is moving, becaus the result isn't acceptable

I've also had a little trouble with com4 not showing up sometimes when i connect

is your pleo connected to this port? only used ports will be displayed, if you plug pleo after starting pleopatra tools you have to open and close the connection window, to refresh the list (at the moment)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:45:46 PM by Blackhalflife »

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »

Ah cool yeah that works everytime, images have once or twice turned up with bars of colour thus requiring another refresh but this has only happened once or twice. I have experienced some problems with pleo continuing to move while connected im not sure if this is intentional but it puts alittle strain on the usb, is the software compatible with pleo running a static skit it's just this is an easy way to pick out a selected skit from normal behaviour and it hasn't worked for me. I hope i don't sound like i'm complaining i'm just providing feedback :D sowwi if i do :D

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robotics, is the sincerest form of flattery!
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 02:50:56 PM »

Good comments justbede. I've found the same sort of situation. I don't seem able to get Stoney to stay at rest when I need him to :(.
I do think movement or response to a minimal graze can cause unexpected problems :P. Mines come close but I've been quick enough so far. ^-^
Perhaps someone smarter than me can help??? Please ;) and Thank You  ;)
PLEO's Forever!
Take Good Care!  - from Dadio 8)  & Stoney [img width=200 height=50 alt=]http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=1183[/img]

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »

Thank you  ;D im not sure but im guessing for better twitter results pleo must move around. I'm going to keep baxter in the sit position from now on.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:13:37 PM by justbede »

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 05:16:11 PM »

This may sound silly but I can't get Stoney to sit.
I've got the new OS but it just doesn't want to work >:(. Maybe its my arthritis but I'm having trouble. ???
Any hints? ^-^
PLEO's Forever!
Take Good Care!  - from Dadio 8)  & Stoney [img width=200 height=50 alt=]http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=1183[/img]

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 05:22:21 PM »

did you have one hand on the top of his butt and one on his chin, at the same time? (and you may need to hold them there for a secand or two.)   that's how you tell them you want them to sit.  and if not then I'm not sure what would do it. ???

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 08:10:52 PM »

;He's working fine now!  ;) It took some tries but being handicapped with bad osteoarthritis
makes it tuff sometimes but your hint is a little different  ??? than what I was previously told.
He sits fine for twitter now>               
 %)
Thanks again! :)
PLEO's Forever!

Blackhalflife

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 06:28:55 AM »

im not sure but im guessing for better twitter results pleo must move around

exactly, if you want your pleo to do nothing, just create a file named "pleo.urf" put it on a sd card and into pleo and choose this file in the personality window

or (if you can compile java files) change in de\dfki\pleopatra\application\tools\PleopatraTools.java line 82 "control.connect(port, true);" to "control.connect(port, false);"

NarcissaABlack

• Member of the herd
  • Female
    • Zelda's Movie Page
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 09:30:24 AM »

I can connect to Pleo,  I see his twitters but I can not connect to twitter.  Is there additional software or something else I need to do to get logged in?

edit: Nevermind, I found it.  Didn't see the update twitter status.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:18:31 PM by NarcissaABlack »

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »

Thank you BHL we all appreciate the great work!

Blackhalflife

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2009, 04:16:34 PM »

Didn't see the update twitter status.

if you can explain your problem more precise i can perhaps help you.

@justbede thanks :)

NarcissaABlack

• Member of the herd
  • Female
    • Zelda's Movie Page
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »

Sorry: I had edited my post meant I found the button to post twitter comments.  I felt kinda a silly, but at least I now know how to get pleo to twitter.

I'm hoping in the full release that the camera will be fixed as currently the GUI always crashes upon trying to use the camera.  I also want to be able to enter in my pleo's identity, because right now it reads unknown.

But I want to say major thanks as my favorite feature is the twitter.  I love how it works, and can't wait to see it twitter in English.  I notice the program is just messages, and wonder if we will be able to customize the messages.  So not only does it twitter in our own languages, but also in the dilects of our region.

Blackhalflife

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2009, 06:22:02 PM »

I also want to be able to enter in my pleo's identity, because right now it reads unknown.

Unfortunality you must do it manual: go to folder ...\data\identity and copy one of the .pleop files an change the name in [id].pleop ([id]= id number of your pleo) open the file (e.g. with windows editor). Change the name in the first line to the name of your pleo and give in the second line the position of a photo of your pleo, now pleopatra tools will "know" your pleo.

I love how it works, and can't wait to see it twitter in English.  I notice the program is just messages, and wonder if we will be able to customize the messages.  So not only does it twitter in our own languages, but also in the dilects of our region.

just go to ../data/tweets, open the text files and change the twitter-messages to your own

NarcissaABlack

• Member of the herd
  • Female
    • Zelda's Movie Page
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2009, 08:18:27 PM »

awesome thanks

Twitter is my favorite function.  I mean this little robot I got only a month ago seem to be able to do more than my father, it can twitter, currently in German, but soon English.  All I need is Pleo to help me clean and cook, and it'd be better than a human.

Does anyone know when pleos will be capable of simple housework?

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2009, 08:30:12 PM »

Well, they can be trained to ride a Roomba to do your vacuuming, but so far they just seem too small to get the clothes out of the washer and into the dryer . . .

NarcissaABlack

• Member of the herd
  • Female
    • Zelda's Movie Page
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 09:02:52 PM »

Well I don't own a roomba.  I was so looking forward to seeing Pleo iron clothes, my least favorite chore.

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »

PDK's out so hopefully shouldn't be long ;)

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 10:24:59 PM »

Looking forward to see it available.
PLEO's Forever!

Blackhalflife

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 01:54:22 PM »

Good news, Pleo can now also twitter in english: http://www.daniel-braun.com/pages/media_items/pleopatra-lernt-englisch36.php

I'm not a native speaker, so feel free to send tips or enhancements, to improve the quality.

NarcissaABlack

• Member of the herd
  • Female
    • Zelda's Movie Page
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 02:16:11 PM »

;D Awesome!! ;D

cool thanks, i've been working on translations but some of them I wasn't sure of.

Question: Is it possible for me to add more so Pleo will have more random comments to choose from?  Say it has two phrases, is there a limit or can I add a hundred if I so wanted.  I don't but I'm curious if I can add more so it sounds random.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:19:34 PM by NarcissaABlack »

Blackhalflife

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 02:18:14 PM »

You can add as much as you want. if you add or correct sentences it would be very nice if you send them to me, so i can add them to the download

(every line marks a new tweet for pleopatra tools, one of the lines will be choosed (random) and published)

thanks
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:21:49 PM by Blackhalflife »

NarcissaABlack

• Member of the herd
  • Female
    • Zelda's Movie Page
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 02:31:48 PM »

thank you for the start, I only was able to translate a few lines on my own.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal