Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When pleo is turned off...  (Read 4239 times)

sparrow

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
When pleo is turned off...
« on: August 04, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »

I was just wondering, does anyone else really really not like to see their pleos turned off? The first time Pax ran out of batteries it was really weird (and slightly upsetting!) to look at the cute little dinosaur i had been playing with seconds earlier completely motionless and unresponsive! Ive taken to switching him off while he's 'sleeping' so it looks less...statue-like!

Is this weird or does anyone else feel this way about their pleos?

(also, this is my first real post here so if i'm doing something wrong i apologise!)

allosaurus

Re: When pleo is turned off...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:50:55 PM »

I was just wondering, does anyone else really really not like to see their pleos turned off? The first time Pax ran out of batteries it was really weird (and slightly upsetting!) to look at the cute little dinosaur i had been playing with seconds earlier completely motionless and unresponsive! Ive taken to switching him off while he's 'sleeping' so it looks less...statue-like!

Is this weird or does anyone else feel this way about their pleos?

(also, this is my first real post here so if i'm doing something wrong i apologise!)

I agree! I also used to hate turning pleo off before its battery ran out, since it seemed very very cruel to me. it used to twist my stomach just thinking about it. Now, I've somewhat gotten over it.

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »

do you run him till the battery's out?   if so then he should go to sleep then. ???

and its weird, what is it like to be shut of? ???   they aren't dead but its like you knocked them out or something. but they aren't sleeping but they aren't awake? ???   (and the last ones are rhetorical questions.  and the cind that probably areint sapost to be asked. ;))  ((like can they feel pain. ???))
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 06:22:26 PM by Pleo Power »

sparrow

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 06:06:24 PM »

do you run him till the battery's out?   if so then he should go to sleep then. ???

Pax just freezes in whatever position he was in, it can actually be quite amusing at times if hes midway through shaking his head or throwing a tantrum! But yeah, I'm definitely like allosaurus at the moment where i really dont like turning him off before the battery has died!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 06:08:11 PM by sparrow »

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 06:14:57 PM »

Pax just freezes in whatever position he was in, it can actually be quite amusing at times if hes midway through shaking his head or throwing a tantrum!
well, sometimes Cammey and Cloey do that. I don't know wye.

But yeah, I'm definitely like allosaurus at the moment where i really don't like turning him off before the battery has died!
yes I know how you feel, most of the time I will wait till the battery has run out before turning them off.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »

Mine go into their cozy box in the cupboard with their blankies when they aren't on. To protect them from inquiring claws :P But I quite like having them on my desk 'snoozing' beside me during the day. However my big project (;)) is going to ensure that they really will be snoozing soon ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crystal:.

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • My Pleo, Frisbee.
    • Pleo Star
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 01:32:15 AM »

Now you've gotten me all curious InmemoryofRomeo! What is this project you're hinting at?

As for Frisbee, I almost ways run him until the batteries dead. He usually curls up in the classic way, although I've seen him sometimes sleep in an odd position. :/ I think he's randomly shut off a few times. It's a big funny when it's in an odd position! I don't feel too guilty about shutting him off...except if he was so happy and full of life only moments ago. Then I find myself turning him back on again and letting him wear himself out properly.
Does your Pleo have what it takes to be a Superstar? Visit www.pleostar.tk

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 03:28:01 AM »

I have left a couple of hints around the forum as to my big project ;) but everyone will just have to wait and see :P

allosaurus

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 05:43:25 AM »

and its weird, what is it like to be shut of? ???   they aren't dead but its like you knocked them out or something. but they aren't sleeping but they aren't awake? ???   (and the last ones are rhetorical questions.  and the cind that probably areint sapost to be asked. ;))  ((like can they feel pain. ???))

They're only unconscious until enough charge in the battery has brought them back up.

kidmonkey

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »

;D i'm with you there,i do the same thing

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 01:14:13 AM »

Pluriel only freezes when her battery over heats. Otherwise, she just goes into the sleeping position when her battery runs out. Or in current cases: when she *believes* the battery has ran out.
When I turn Pluriel OFF before the battery runs out, I take the time and put my hand on her back so she goes to sleep.
I got rather skilled in turning her off at the right moment when her eyes are closed.
Never do I turn her OFF when she is in the middle of an action or otherwise. That freaks me out as well!  :o
Proud owner of my beloved Pluriel (Pleo) and Diesel (Aibo ERS-7M3)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 05:07:26 AM »

Hehe I do that, I always put Lilo and Stitch to sleep. I feel bad for touching the power button while they are watching me :P

sparrow

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »

Hehe I do that, I always put Lilo and Stitch to sleep. I feel bad for touching the power button while they are watching me :P

I didn't know you could actually put them to sleep, i thought they only did that of their own accord...how do you do that?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 07:44:17 PM »

Hold their back sensor (the one near the tail) for a few seconds and they will sigh and curl up :) If they are busy doing something else you may have to do it a second time before they 'listen' :P

sparrow

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »

oooh clever, i might have to try that, Pax always looks SO CUTE when he's sleeping!

Dadio

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robotics, is the sincerest form of flattery!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »

I've found running down until there is no battery power left usually puts them to sleep as well.   ;)

They curl up and you can turn them off without too much guilt.   :P

It's also the best way too prolong your battery charge. An occasional 3/4 run down spices the battery up.   :)

There are some on these threads who have various formulas to improve play time.  ;)

I recently got the following answer from Derek Dotson about the new chargers:

"Yes the new charger is different, it has a switch that forces a 16hr charge.  We have found that this will bring back some batteries that have a short operation time. Please note that this new charger does not fix every type of battery issue. 
The charger is compatible with old and new batteries, the old charger is compatible with old and new batteries."

Thanks
Derek Dotson

As yet he hasn't replied as to whether the old adapter will work with the new charger or not. That'd save you about $16:90 US.
The Charger itself is $23.90 US  and a new battery is $40.00 US. The old and new batteries seem to be about the same construction.
However it's always good to have a spare or two if you can afford it.  ;D

Dadio 8)  [img width=200 height=50 alt=]http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=1183[/img]
PLEO's Forever!
Take Good Care!  - from Dadio 8)  & Stoney [img width=200 height=50 alt=]http://bobthepleo.com/forums/MGalleryItem.php?id=1183[/img]

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 11:49:47 AM »

The  original Ugobe adapter works fine with the new Innvo Labs charger.
New Charger $23.90    New Battery $49.00  at pleoworld.com

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 08:57:50 PM »

The sleeping is cute, but just a warning (from experience):  Leaving your pleo in the sleep position for extended time (i.e., when not playing with him for several days) does stress the skin on the neck and on the tail especially.  Bob has cracks in the skin on every tail joint where the skin has basically torn from being stretched for prolonged periods.

Don't let this discourage you from letting your pleo sleep.  I'm just saying it's better to "store" your pleo in the packing position.

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 09:13:51 PM »

Cammey and Cloey are the same way, they have cracks too. ^-^ (but they are not all the way through the skin.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal