Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Pleo LifeOS: What are the differences?  (Read 6337 times)

Apollonia

• Hatchling
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Nessaja
Ugobe Pleo LifeOS: What are the differences?
« on: June 13, 2023, 11:39:13 AM »

Hi,

I don't know if this topic already exists but I wanted to give all new Ugobe owners out there a quick summary of the differences between LifeOS 1.0, 1.0.2, 1.1, 1.1.1 and LifeOS 2.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about: Consider visiting the downloads section of the forum to find out what a LifeOS actually is.
It's basically the software that makes your Pleo work - Just like Windows, MacOS or Linux on a computer or laptop.

There are many different LifeOS versions to choose from:
LifeOS 1.0: The original (made by Ugobe):
LifeOS 1.0 is the very first LifeOS version. I think it was released with the Pleo in 2006/2007.
A downgrade file to 1.0 is available in the downloads section.
When I installed LifeOS 1.0 on Oessaja, she was very cheerful and looooooved to play with her training leaf. She was the happiest Pleo ever and even reacted to the sound of my voice with different happy coos and purrs. She wasn't needy at all so I could let her explore the room without upsetting her.
Please note: I call Nessaja a female but the Ugobe Pleos don't have a gender. That's an RB thing. ;)
The animations were okay, but not very spectacular and repetetive. She never froze and never encountered any other bugs or technical issues.
The hatching stage was surprisingly long. However, it hat a very fast learning curve and was fully grown in just one (and a half?) battery cycles.
So I didn't get the magical "I can see my cute dino grow up" experience" I love about Pleos.

LifeOS 1.0.2: 
LifeOS 1.0.2 was the LifeOS my Pleo came with. It has a few advanced animations and features but they were not really visible with my Pleo. I believe the explore mode has been improoved though.
The SD card updater in the downloads section doesn't work so I couldn't test the hatching/baby stage.

LifeOS 1.1
LifeOS 1.1 is the next big Pleo update. The animations changed drastically and I could hear some new sounds as well.
1.1 is a very calm LifeOS - At least with my Pleo. Nessaja doesn't talk as much as she did using the 1.0 downgrade and seems to be a little shy without being super anxious. She moves her tail a lot slower and loves to look around but she's way to lazy to walk. <3
With 1.1 you can also run the personalities uploaded to the download section.
My Pleo has a way longer learning curve and really seems to learn how to walk. When she was running the 1.0 OS she was able to do everything (including tricks) after the first battery cycle.
The 1.1.1 LifeOS is the same as 1.1 but it doesn't check the software version so you can install 1.1.1 whenever you want.
The tricks are the same with 1.0 and 1.1.
It was mentioned somewhere that Pleos can only sit using 1.1 but that's not the case.
It works with 1.0 and 1.0.2 as well.

LifeOS 2
The controversial LifeOS 2 was made by Innvo and is... completely different. The sounds and the personality changes completely and it takes up to eight battery cycles or more for your Pleo to grow up.
LifeOS 2 never really worked on my Pleo. Nessaja couldn't walk at all after a few battery cycles and was constantly sad, angry or anxious. However, the animations are stunning and the LifeOS includes a lot more tricks to explore.
Please note: The tricks won't work when your Pleo isn't fully grown up yet. None of them! So be patient with your Pleo. ;)

That's my summary of the different LifeOS versions. If you remember something you'd like to add feel free to do that.

Greetings from Germany,

Annalena and Nessaja.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 11:42:21 AM by Apollonia »

PleoLifeDino

• Leaving the nest
  • as Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob
Re: Ugobe Pleo LifeOS: What are the differences?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 11:22:18 PM »

Hello,

What you wrote was really helpful! ;) :)
This will make choosing which version to download so much easier!
Thank you!!!

-PleoLifeDino
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal