Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo stopped turning on after usb connection  (Read 3947 times)

eueueu

• Hatchling
  • ru
Pleo stopped turning on after usb connection
« on: December 05, 2021, 04:16:23 AM »

Hello to everyone who loves Pleo as much as I do!
But today I have a huge problem! :(
I connected my Rango(Pleo rb) to the computer via usb to read the statistics. Everything worked fine at first. I got the information using only the 'help' and 'stats' commands.
Suddenly, the session ended with a message about interference on the line. Windows has stopped seeing the virtual com port. I reconnected the usb connector, the port appeared again (the LED on Pleo turned red) and I was able to connect. But after a while the port disappeared again. Now Rango does not respond to USB connection (the LED is green). Windows does not see the device. And most importantly, IT STOPPED TURNING ON!! When I insert the battery and press the power button, the green LED lights up. Rango does not move and does not show any signs of life!
I tried inserting an SD card with a script to check. Changed the battery of the watch. Pressed the reset button.
But it had no effect!
Please help! Any considerations are welcome.

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Pleo stopped turning on after usb connection
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 02:45:15 PM »

First question is what tool were you using to read the statistics?  Try setting up an SD card with StatsRB, put it in the Pleo, turn it on. Give it a few minutes if it doesn't do anything at all, turn the pleo off, take the card out and check the card on your computer to see if it generated any files.

pnhicks

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 10:08:13 AM »

Hi Eneueu,

Sorry again about not being around (I was floored by a flu which I can only hope was not the Corona Virus, but as I was double vaccinated against it I wish to believe that it was only the flu).

In anycase, there are several "props" and "stats" files that can become corrupted during these usb connections (which is why Pleopet developed the sd card version that first runs a script to make backups of the critical files incase something goes wrong.

There is a reset program to "restore" the critical files see forum download section:
Bob the Pleo Forums - Pleo RB reset file

Should this not take, you can always try the Version 1.0 personality in either gender.

Good Luck!

Peter

eueueu

• Hatchling
  • ru
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 05:57:07 AM »

First question is what tool were you using to read the statistics?  Try setting up an SD card with StatsRB, put it in the Pleo, turn it on. Give it a few minutes if it doesn't do anything at all, turn the pleo off, take the card out and check the card on your computer to see if it generated any files.
I used putty to get statistics. Today I tried to insert an SD card with StatsRB. Unfortunately, it doesn't create any files. I suspect that it does not start at all(

eueueu

• Hatchling
  • ru
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 07:27:49 AM »

Hi Eneueu,

Sorry again about not being around (I was floored by a flu which I can only hope was not the Corona Virus, but as I was double vaccinated against it I wish to believe that it was only the flu).

In anycase, there are several "props" and "stats" files that can become corrupted during these usb connections (which is why Pleopet developed the sd card version that first runs a script to make backups of the critical files incase something goes wrong.

There is a reset program to "restore" the critical files see forum download section:
Bob the Pleo Forums - Pleo RB reset file

Should this not take, you can always try the Version 1.0 personality in either gender.

Good Luck!

Peter

Thank you all for your advice, but the reset program doesn't work either.
Here are my thoughts. What do you think about it?
The USB communication function is at the same level as reading from an SD card. This was written somewhere in the no-RB Pleo documentation. I think the low-level load process on RB is about the same. Accordingly, if the USB does not work, the SD card does not work either. Therefore, the bootloader that runs BEFORE activating the USB and SD card is damaged. But WHY was it damaged?!
Is it possible to restore it? I think this requires direct access to the chip. But even if I disassemble Pleo, where can I get the bootloader code?

pnhicks

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 10:10:55 AM »

Hi Eneueu,

I have always wanted to find someone who knew something about this subject!  There is a JTAG debuging port on "some" RB models.  In theory, with the proper AMTEL hardware and software you could "reflash" the bootloader.

This port often was the cause of problems and I believe it was removed by the factory on later models.

All this is WAY above my knowledge level!

Cheers!

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal