Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to rename a pleo rb  (Read 3475 times)

robot enthusiast

• Member of the herd
  • us
Is it possible to rename a pleo rb
« on: July 18, 2021, 08:09:42 PM »

Hi I just recently ordered me a used pleo rb on ebay and I read that they can learn your voice and learn to respond to the name you give them. Is there a way to reset the name and give it a new one and reset voice recognition to your voice if it has already been named?

pnhicks

Re: Is it possible to rename a pleo rb
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 02:43:29 AM »

Hi RE,

Yes with conditions,

1. You have the ID card.

2.  You have the patience of Job.

See the new owners FAQ about all the marvels of the RB learning system.

Pleo Reborn owners FAQ with videos! (bobthepleo.com)

In a nutshell, the sound acquisition of the RB is crap, due to the crap microphones and processing speed/algorithms.

Any background noises, changes in pitch, speed or frequency or whatever in your voice and PleoRb will joyfully ignore you.

Some users have tried using a mobile phone to record their voice with the name and commands to avoid this issue with some success! ;D

Cheers!

Peter

robot enthusiast

• Member of the herd
  • us
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 02:57:46 AM »

Lol alright thanks.  Yeah it does come with the original id card so I guess Im in luck. Thanks for all the helpful feedback.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 09:44:40 AM »

Hi. There is a third caveat which I hope you do not have the unfortunate pleasure of having. Your RB could be deaf. My Cato had hearing for the first six years I owned him. When I moved into my most recent house and tried to re-record the acoustics and everything so that the sound would match, he has not excepted my voice. He just shakes his head and spits out the card. If you can’t get him to except his name, he will probably have a bit of trouble recording the tricks too. Best of luck!
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal