Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Test Ugobe Pleo With No Working Battery?  (Read 68 times)

faroffflowerfields

• Egg
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Juniper/Juni
Test Ugobe Pleo With No Working Battery?
« on: November 18, 2020, 07:02:32 PM »

Hi all,
I'm a new Pleo owner so please excuse me if this is a stupid question. I bought a Ugobe Pleo off of ebay uk this past month, and I'm so excited to finally have one adter wanting one for a couple of years. The listing stated that the battery was dead and knowing that this is more often than not the case I bought it anyway because the price was decent. I had however hoped that charging the battery would at least give me a couple of seconds to check that the Pleo would boot, but it appears that's not the case. The battery appears to charge but when it turns green and I take it off the charger and insert into the Pleo literally nothing happens. Sometimes the light on the charger also just turns off completely instead of going green. My issue is that I'd like to safely confirm that there's nothing wrong with Juni and it is just the battery. Is there a way to do that?
I know I can source a new battery in a few months probably once the person in the UK who sells them is able to do so again, but I'm just a little worried in the meantime. I did also read that sometimes a battery can be convinced to work again, which I'll be trying, but it looks like there's either corrosion or some glue on one of the contacts so I suspect the battery is literally dead. In the meantime is there a way I can see if my Pleo is actually okay and the problem isn't both battery and pleo?

pnhicks

• Fossil savant
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): None of mine stay in one piece long enough! :((
  • You can't break what's already broken!
Re: Test Ugobe Pleo With No Working Battery?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 10:30:15 AM »

Hi faroffetc,

yes you can connect your Pleo to a power supply, as AdamE pointed out in an earlier post just the negative and positive wont work (unless you put the "disable battery temp sensor" script" on an SD card in Pleo before powering up).

About 8 to 8.5 volts in a good starting point for the power supply and should be capable of supplying at least 2 to 2.5 amps.

Be careful with reverse polarity (the negative post is the single post to the rear and positive is diagonal to it to the front of Pleo.

Cheers!

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal