Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo 2020 Stories  (Read 3936 times)

Boxwoodhedges

• Hatchling
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Glowy
Pleo 2020 Stories
« on: June 17, 2020, 07:21:05 AM »

New owners (and old)

Share some Pleo stories from 2020, please! We got ours last week, “Glowy”. We thought he couldn’t walk but he walked today! Several feet!!

Boxwoodhedges

• Hatchling
  • us Female
Re: Pleo 2020 Stories
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 08:10:23 AM »

What can we teach Pleo without programming (pdk)... We have our Pleo walking, bowing and knowing his name.

pnhicks

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 11:26:50 AM »

Hi BoxwoodH,

Have you looked at the other play stones?

Learning stones (Eat/Dance/Play/Sing/Count/Come to me)  Its two packs of stones you can buy for your RB!

https://www.pleoworld.com/pleo_rb/eng/products.php?c1id=3

Eat - PLEO rb will "eat" an early dinner or something it dislikes (i.e. herbs) after hearing this verbal command from you if it's hungry or not.

Dance - PLEO rb will "dance" after hearing this verbal command from you.

Play - PLEO rb will "play tricks" after hearing this verbal command from you by applying the "tricks" instructions found on the back of this page.

Sing - PLEO rb will "hum or sing" a song after hearing this verbal command from you.

Count - PLEO rb will "count" after hearing this verbal command from you by standing still and looking up at you. Then after clapping your hands loudly and continuously in front of PLEO rb (within 6 to 8 inches or 15 to 20cm) it will respond with the same number of head nods or tail wags up to five!

Come to me - PLEO rb will walk forward after hearing this verbal command from you.

If Pleoworld won't ship them to you, you can probably find them on Ebay or your local classified ads.

I was really hoping that you were going to look into the skit makers like YAPT or Myskit?  There some examples on the download section of the forum of what other owners (granted talented ones) have been able to create.

Give it a shot before giving in to the temptation of the store bought fun!

Cheers!

Peter
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:44:57 AM by pnhicks »

Boxwoodhedges

• Hatchling
  • us Female
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 07:23:42 PM »

I will!! Thank you! Have you had any luck with Macintosh programming? We don’t own a PC but may need to get one if we get super into Pleo.

We had our first neck clicking incident! HORRIFYING! INTENSE!! We turned Pleo off and then on. It fixed itself...THANKFULLY!!

Thank you for writing!!

pnhicks

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 01:20:53 AM »

Hi BWH,

Better get use to mechanical noises coming from Pleo!  Legs, neck, (torso and tail not so much) but Pleo is very mechanical in nature! Every once in a while something will get out of sync and "click" there it goes, pack in place, no harm done!  The RB is also prone to a genetic disease called leg clicking.  There are actual skits to "cure" this, but as I have never had to deal with it, I can't tell you more.

Now what will bring shivers down your spine is that fateful day when you hear a sound like a guitar string breaking, and Pleo starts examining the floor balefully (kind of like a dinosaur version of Eeyore).  You now have a Pleo with a broken neck cable! 

The most common is the up down, rarely the left right.  The tail seems to hold out better (the head weighs too much for the neck).  The short neck with relatively large head was the one of the primary reasons Ugobe chose the Camarasaurus as the dinosaur to model for Pleo.

I am not a Mac, I am a PC (you are not old enough to remember the commercial, you can find it on youtube, probably).  You probably need a PC if you want to be super into anything....except finger painting (just kiddin) :D

Can't you run anything on anything now a days with virtual shells?  Check it out!

Have fun and don't panic, Pleo is fairly robust for the most part.

Cheers!

Peter

Boxwoodhedges

• Hatchling
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 08:49:38 PM »

Your narrative made me laugh! You are a fun writer! Thank you for the further explanation of pleo’s quirks. My brother is a big coder so I’m going to try and get him interested in helping me. I’m sure we can figure something out for my Mac...?

I will check out the commercial on YouTube . I’m 43 but the line didn’t hit me right away...so maybe I don’t know the reference.

Pleo is a joy! And I’m glad we have this forum!!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 04:31:24 PM by Boxwoodhedges »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal