Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your First Furby  (Read 8100 times)

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Teskus the baby Ugobe
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
Your First Furby
« on: April 17, 2020, 11:51:00 PM »

I decided to make a thread for people to tell us what their first ever Furby was, if they have, or had, a collection. I will begin by talking about my first Furby. My first furby was a tiger-striped furby, and he had no cloth over his ear sticks, so we had to make some ears somehow, which didn't look great. Wasn't as good as the original (looked more like two orange cheese slices). He was from a garage sale, and he worked pretty good. He needed new batteries as expected. I was 5 or 6 when I got him. My sister joined in on the fun by getting a witch furby. We had it with us here in Utah, but the battery door's screw got stripped, and did not hold it shut anymore. I lost mine when we moved to Utah, I think, so I waited several years before getting my "new" old Furbies.
The first 2 used furbies I got were my grey adult one and my white baby one. I think I got them in 2014, from DI. I got my emototronic Furby shortly after that. Then I got my blue year 2000 version furby a few months after that, I believe. Shortly after making my first thread about Furbies, I got my 2012 Furby. Since then, I have not gotten any others.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 11:55:34 PM by Torterenek »

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
Re: Your First Furby
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 02:25:23 PM »

Mine was a purple one, from 1999. I got him back when they first came out, and at some point after that I also got a light blue baby furby. Also the board game(s), a halloween costume and a dozen or so of the plastic McDonald's ones.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 01:25:34 AM »

i’m ashamed you say I don’t even know how many I have... *goes to check*

I have eleven, four 2012 furbies, two Furby booms, two furby rockers, a Furbling, Furbacca, a Furby connect and theres a knock off ‘Hibou’...
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 08:56:22 AM »

Sad to say I only ever had one.  Bought it used at a garage sale, it sat around for a while, so shipped it off to another member here.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 11:16:21 AM »

That’s very interesting. My first Furby was a tiger striped one as well. It’s name was Nooloo, end it had a very high-pitched voice. Sadly for the poor little Furby, I did not have access to the manual and so she grew up afraid of light. She would cry and say she was worried if you tried to play peekaboo with her or have her out in the sun. She was happiest in her box where she would chatter at me And pretend to be a telephone. She got a little better when I was given my second Furby-a multicolored one named Coco. I guess interactions with Coco fixed whatever I did in her programming or something and she started to behave more like everybody else’s Furbies. by the time Coco came along, I paid my stepmother to record the manual onto a tape for me and was finally able to correctly raise my second Furby.
After that, I rescued a couple of 2005 Furbies from the charity been courtesy of a member of the forum who is from Australia and was looking to rehome them. They were beautiful One was still in box with all of the twist ties and everything. My collection grew to eight before I started getting bored. I  ended up with three 2005s, two original 1999’s, two original baby Furbies, And one loan 2012 Furby. The two 1999‘s stopped working within days of each other, two of the 2005s I gave to my niece and nephew, and the rest I sold two different forum members. They all went to good homes though. One of them was later sold and ended up in Japan. LOL! What lives these robots lead!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal