Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading Ugobe LifeOS  (Read 7412 times)

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
Upgrading Ugobe LifeOS
« on: May 09, 2019, 09:01:43 PM »

First off, I’m sorry for asking so many questions (I didn’t know whether I should put this one in my introduction thread or whether it belonged here. Feel free to tell me if I shouldn’t have made a new thread)! I have a ugobe pleo on its way to me. It is completely new and never played with. So, I assume it will be running LifeOS 1.0. I have a few questions:

- Is there a way to tell for sure what LifeOS it is running?
- What do the various different LifeOS versions add - is it worth upgrading?
- What size micro SD card do I need?
- I’ve read that upgrading to LifeOS 2.0 can cause the Pleo to become unresponsive to touch. If this doesn’t go away, will downgrading to different LifeOS make the problem go away?
- Do you have a favourite LifeOS Version?
- Are there any problems I should know about regarding any LifeOS version (bugs, glitches etc)?
- Also, If it is already running OS 2.0, will I be able to downgrade it to, say, OS 1.0?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:42:46 PM by AprilPearl98 »

pnhicks

Re: Upgrading Ugobe LifeOS
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 04:53:06 AM »

Hi April,

If it is indeed "new" it should come with OS2 the new OS, no?

There is a download in the downloads section of the forum to return to version 1.0 via SD card.

You can then progressively try the 3 updates for version 1 or return to version 2!

I was unaware of any problem with version 2, most people seem to prefer it due to the increased sounds and "tricks".  I prefer the personality of version 1.1.  Its what you like more than any problem, in my opinion.

It is not a micro SD card you need unless you have the full size adapter too.  Its not so much a question of size as question of type.  OS 1.0 will only read SD cards which are rarer than hens teeth. I have a Kingston 2GB SD card that I treasure. OS 1.1 allows the use of SDHC cards which are much easier to find (don't get super fast or exotic Class II or IV is more than fast enough).  I have used up to 16GB with no problem.

Hope this helps!

Peter

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 05:13:35 AM »

Hi pnhicks, thank you for your help. By “new” I just meant that it has never been played with and it’s box is sealed. But, for all I know it could have been one of the first lot of ugobes sold, in which case it would be running OS 1.0 surely?

Is there any way for me to tell what OS it’s running? I think I may find that I prefer OS 1.1 since that’s likely what the ugobe I had as a child was running.

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 04:20:47 PM »

You’ll be able to tell if it is a first hatch when you open it by the card. Their card is gold instead of green. If it is, then it would be on the original OS for sure.

I think dinoMITE tells you the OS when your Pleo is connected?

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 11:37:32 PM »

Thank you Pleo Power. I didn’t realise only the gold hatch pleos were on the original OS, but I doubt it will be a gold hatch since as far as I know those are really rare!

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 12:31:36 AM »

I think more than just the first hatch pleos would be on that OS, but I’m sure those ones specifically would be, as they were the first produced.

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 12:47:56 AM »

Oh I see Pleo Power. Well, I think I’ve decided I prefer the sound of OS 1.1 from what I’ve heard so hopefully I can somehow get my ugobe running that.

pnhicks

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 02:07:56 AM »

Hi April,

I've been running statsRB, ProbeRB and Dino-mite (on a Win10 64 bit host machine with Oracle VirtualBox 6.0 running a WinXP Pro service pack 3 guest) and I didn't see any "hey your Pleo is OSXX"

There are some cryptic Firmware numbers and about 10 digits which I suppose maybe able to revert to the OS, but that would take some further study.

Pleopet was the expert on the software in the forum and he made this list of what to expect from each version:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php/topic,2256.msg34820.html#msg34820

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Peter

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 02:35:58 AM »

Hi pnhicks that looks very helpful, thank you! I’ve been looking for a list just like that  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal