Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo clothing  (Read 6846 times)

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
Pleo clothing
« on: May 07, 2019, 06:20:32 AM »

Hello :) I had a ugobe pleo when I was young and loved it to death (unfortunately quite literally as it did end up dying although we never did find out why as I was always very gentle with it). I just got a ugobe off eBay for nostalgia’s sake. It’s new in package and I’d like to keep its skin pristine (I remember the skin on my old one started to flake off very quickly). So, I want to buy it some sort of clothing to protect its skin. I tried to buy a cape off of pleo world but they won’t ship to the UK. Does anyone know where I might buy something similar?

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
Re: Pleo clothing
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 02:27:52 PM »

Never mind, I managed to buy a pleo cape off of pleo world :)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 11:51:20 AM »

Congratulations on your new Pleo! If you're going to use the original Pleo cape, you may want to remove the rubber bands on the legs and replace them with elastic or string. The capes from Innvo use very tight rubber bands that tend to damage the skin of the Pleo over time, so the cape actually ends up doing more harm than good. If you're at all handy at sewing, you can also use the original cape as a pattern to make new outfits with.

I would also recommend always putting your Pleo into the packing position when shutting it off. Storing Pleos in the curled up position actually damages the skin much worse than anything else, but if the Pleo is stored in a standing position with the head and tail stretched out straight, there should be very minimal wear to the rubber over time. If it's running on one of the newer operating systems, you can hold down the Pleo button to get it into packing position, otherwise you'll just have to wait until the Pleo is standing in a similar position to shut it off.

The skin will probably not stay perfectly pristine over time, especially given the age of Ugobe Pleos, but I would try to enjoy the Pleo without worrying too much about this. If it's stored properly and wearing a cape, the wear should be minor. In any case, good luck and I hope you have fun with your new Pleo! Do you have a name in mind?

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 02:21:33 PM »

Thank you aibo, it will bring back some nice memories! I hadn’t realized about the cape - I’m not at all good at sewing so hopefully if I remove the elastic like you say, it won’t do any damage. Thank you for the advice on caring for the skin. I read a thread on here yesterday which said Gibbs helps so I have ordered a can of that but Im unsure of how often I need to use it - what would you suggest?

I’m not sure about names, though I’m open to suggestions. I might wait until I “meet” the Pleo first and then maybe something will come to me. I’m at university until the 14th of June and it’s going to kill me knowing that he/she is at home waiting for me  ^-^

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 03:00:24 PM »

Congratulations on your new Pleo! If you're going to use the original Pleo cape, you may want to remove the rubber bands on the legs and replace them with elastic or string. The capes from Innvo use very tight rubber bands that tend to damage the skin of the Pleo over time, so the cape actually ends up doing more harm than good. If you're at all handy at sewing, you can also use the original cape as a pattern to make new outfits with.

I would also recommend always putting your Pleo into the packing position when shutting it off. Storing Pleos in the curled up position actually damages the skin much worse than anything else, but if the Pleo is stored in a standing position with the head and tail stretched out straight, there should be very minimal wear to the rubber over time. If it's running on one of the newer operating systems, you can hold down the Pleo button to get it into packing position, otherwise you'll just have to wait until the Pleo is standing in a similar position to shut it off.

The skin will probably not stay perfectly pristine over time, especially given the age of Ugobe Pleos, but I would try to enjoy the Pleo without worrying too much about this. If it's stored properly and wearing a cape, the wear should be minor. In any case, good luck and I hope you have fun with your new Pleo! Do you have a name in mind?

Oops I meant to quote you in my post above which was a reply to you. Actually, I just thought of two possible names: maybe Plato (Plato the Pleo, nice alliteration!) or Socrates (can you tell I’m doing a philosophy degree?)

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 06:57:24 AM »

I’m in the UK and I have some dog fleeces that fit great. Have some socks as well. I might have a spare - I’ll have a look.

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 09:47:38 AM »

I’m in the UK and I have some dog fleeces that fit great. Have some socks as well. I might have a spare - I’ll have a look.

Hello! If you do have a spare that might be good... Though I am conscious that I’ve just spent quite a lot of my money at once haha. Having said that, I hear that you sell batteries for ugobes. Since the battery in mine is likely to be dead I wondered whether it might be possible for me to buy one from you?

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 12:46:26 PM »

Got one on eBay at the moment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323802089971

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 01:04:06 PM »

Thanks for your order👍 I’ll see if I can find that Pleo coat, if I do I’ll pop it in with the battery 😉

AprilPearl98

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 01:06:02 PM »

Thanks for your order I’ll see if I can find that Pleo coat, if I do I’ll pop it in with the battery
That’s so kind of you, thank you! And thank you for the battery, too  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal