Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I´m kill Pleo :-( - SOLVED - PLEO IS LIVE!!!  (Read 5295 times)

weitless

• Hatchling
  • cz Male
  • Pleo(s): dino
I´m kill Pleo :-( - SOLVED - PLEO IS LIVE!!!
« on: April 08, 2019, 02:26:17 AM »

Hello to everybody. I am a new owner of Plea, and I have already made the first mistake and beating my head as an asshole. I am the third owner of the Plea Classic and it worked great, I bought it for my son and I started to search the Internet to bring Plea back to its original state. I found this page https://howtoadult.com/reset-pleo-6748457.html (unfortunately before this forum) and downloaded both files and patch Pleo as instructed. After uploading the file to a 4GB FAT32-formatted SD card, I inserted the card into Pleo, turned it on, pleo cried something, jerked the foot and ended. he's been dead since then. I killed him :-(. I can do anything and nothing happens, after switching on the skin just gently tosses the foot, but really slightly. Otherwise nothing. Please all of you, can you advise me how to revive Pleo? Possible OS files but it's still the same, I'm very unhappy about it
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:36:29 AM by weitless »

weitless

• Hatchling
  • cz Male
Re: I´m kill Pleo :-(
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 12:34:29 AM »

I tried POP firmware according to the procedure, nothing. I upload all files (without readme.txt) to the root of the SD card, put it in PLEO, insert a fully charged and cooled battery and turn on PLEO. There is only a slight click and nothing. Even after 5 minutes Pleo lies and nothing happens.
I ask myself.

1) I have a 4GB SD card. it's not much when it says it is appropriate to use a card up to 1GB (I have already ordered 1GB for the test as I am desperate). But why did the 4GB card come to a Pleo brick? So he read it?

2) The previous owner has repaired the battery to 6x2700mAh to increase its capacity. Can't there be a problem in that?

3) Why does nothing happen when I insert FW? Is there no other way to revive PLEO? I tried to connect to Dino-Mite, but the program doesn't want to work with my ports and is shutting down. USB update is not possible, I have WIN 8.1 64bit, update falls :-(.

I'm baffled, so I was looking forward to seeing how happy the children will be (both love dinosaurs) and as a father I made it happy :-( :-(.
I'm an asshole.

weitless

• Hatchling
  • cz Male
Re: I´m kill Pleo :-(
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 11:02:41 AM »

Solved!
I took my old laptop, installed Windows Vista on it, downloaded USB update 1.02, added PLEO, uploaded a new FW and PLEO lives  :dino-chase: !!! I'm very happy!  ;D If it occurred to me earlier, I could be two days more cheerful :-). Well, everything works and I love it. :-* :-*

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: I´m kill Pleo :-( - SOLVED - PLEO IS LIVE!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 03:10:03 PM »

I'm glad you got your pleo working again! :) Sorry nobody responded sooner to help you. :(

Pleo Classic cannot correctly read the higher capacity SD cards.  I keep a few old cards just for Pleo.

smcneil222

• Hatchling
  • us Male
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 12:19:17 PM »

Hello everyone!

I did the same thing as the original post.  However, I did this to a Pleo RB.  The Pleo RB will do nothing now, the battery indicator is red.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated.  To recap, I performed these instructions on a Pleo RB:  https://howtoadult.com/reset-pleo-6748457.html

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 02:12:39 PM »

Those instructions on that website are for upgrading a Classic pleo, not the plep RB.

You can try the reset file here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=79
It may not work, but give it a try.

smcneil222

• Hatchling
  • us Male
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 07:48:39 AM »

Thank you so much for directing me to the reset file.  I will try it soon and let the forum know if it was successful!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal