Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoke  (Read 7003 times)

Clovoro

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Koheo (Ugobe), Olluan (Ugobe)
  • Love pleos~
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Smoke
« on: November 14, 2018, 04:07:44 PM »

Thanksgiving Break is coming up for me and I'll be going to a  friend's house for the week. She loves my pleos and wants to meet them, but her family smokes cigarettes and some controversial skunky green stuff. I really don't want my pleos to smell like either of those and I was wondering, is there a way to get the smoke smell out of/off of them once they've been in it for a bit? Or a way to keep it off of them in general?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Smoke
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 08:23:49 PM »

Hmmmmm. I'm not sure what to tell you, but that is an interesting question. I guess you could limit the time your Pleos are out in the open. The rest of the time, keep them zipped up or inclosed in a bag or suitcase or something that smells like your house. Maybe even bury them in your dirty clothing- as long as it isn't stained or wet or anything- and zip that up in your suitcase. I think as long as they are in an inclosed space with little chance for outside air to pass in, they should be okay for the duration of your vacation.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Clovoro

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Love pleos~
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 09:02:25 PM »

Ah, okay ^^ I should be able to keep them enclosed~ I have separate bags, though I bet a big ziplock bag would be even more helpful. Now that I remember it, my dirty clothes didn't smell much like smoke at all last time, so keeping them together should work out well enough. Maybe if I even got some things that smelled good and put them in bags with the pleos as well that might work out. And maybe refresh their scent too if I put them in there after being out. Thanks for the suggestion! :D I have a lot of bags, so one at least should be able to fit them inside.

Anya

• Pleo wanderer
  • gb Female
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 09:03:06 AM »

My Arthur arrived with a nasty smoke smell. I think he had been in a smoking household for years. After a few coats of the skin treatment he was clean and no longer smelly :) (Gibbs lubricant is best if you can get hold of it -refer to skin thread!)

Clovoro

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Love pleos~
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »

Interesting :0 I have no Gibbs. But my living situation makes it kinda difficult to use anyway, if I remember correctly. I live in a dorm so the ventilation wouldn't be great, and I rarely have enough time to sit outside on the weekends. But maybe I have it wrong?? It would be good for Koheo, I assume, but Olluan is too open for it to be super safe.

Anya

• Pleo wanderer
  • gb Female
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 01:37:55 AM »

To be honest I do it in a little office room with just the window open! Then leave the room as pleo is drying.

You're right that olluan might have too much damage to make it a good solution. You don't wanna get any under the skin. Maybe he just needs to go on a few outdoor trips afterwards to get a fresh breeze across him. It will dissipate over time.

Of course if you figure out a way to replace his skin, you might even be able to develop something washable!

Clovoro

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Love pleos~
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 06:53:45 PM »

Aaah. Makes sense that that would help ^^ I can only open one of my windows though. Not sure why I can't get the other one open. ^-^

Yeah, he has some pretty big holes, but if I put something under them maybe it would keep the electronics safe?

I'm still working on something simple for him (a jacket, I'll have to get a better skin thing afterward)~ It would be really cool to be able to take off a skin alternative and wash it. Hopefully it works out when I finish it. I don't know if I'll do a full body thing, but definitely something for his skinless areas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal