Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Skin Situation, What to Do?  (Read 4612 times)

Clovoro

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Koheo (Ugobe), Olluan (Ugobe)
  • Love pleos~
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Ugobe Skin Situation, What to Do?
« on: November 09, 2018, 07:53:38 PM »

Hello~ My first Pleos arrived yesterday! But one of them, Olluan, has more skin issues than appeared on the ebay listing. It seems pretty bad. I'm not sure if I should post all the pictures here or not, but I put them in my gallery and they're the only ones there.  He works fine from what I can tell, but I worry that some of the loose skin will get in the way of his movement. I have noticed that his back left ankle might be a problem, because it looks like it bends back too far sometimes. Too far or.... well, it looks like it's going beyond the limit of what it's supposed to.

Before he arrived I thought maybe I could just put gauze over the questionable areas to keep them in place, but now that I see him up close I think the most problematic areas couldn't be helped by that. He has has tears in his neck and tail and breaks all over his legs, and under his stomach it's really bad. It's like all the places where the legs connect to the body the skin has torn away. I'm wondering what you guys might do in this situation. Just remove it?? I do want him to have some, but I'm not sure what the best course of action would be for that to happen. I just don't want it to get in the way of his functionality.

edit: Pardon the triple post!  :-[  When I tried to post it the first time I got an error (500? 505?) and had to go back and click submit again  .
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:26:56 AM by Clovoro »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Ugobe Skin Situation, What to Do?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 03:00:25 PM »

Perhaps you could tidy up his legs a bit, remove the floppy bits of skin and then supply him with some nice toasty baby socks to keep his feet warm and steady.

There’s thicker woolen ones you can buy which are like half sock, half shoe, those would supply the best support for the ankles. I think they are called newborn baby booties here. But basically a stretchy woollen sock that’s thicker than typical socks.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:05:30 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Clovoro

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Love pleos~
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 03:49:08 PM »

Oooh, that sounds good. Makes sense. They're definitely getting in his way on the back left leg, so a trim must be necessary. ^^ I'm going to the store tomorrow, so I'll look for them. Thanks! I'm glad they aren't all the little bootie type ones, thoee do sound like they'll be better support.

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 11:25:02 AM »

Maybe you can buy some little dog clothes for a small dog and dress him up. So that he is protected from dust. Or buy a broken pleo cheap from eBay or amazon and reskin him ? There are so many tears that elastic gauze that sticks that you use for sport injuries does not work I am afraid. He looks really cute! I hope you find a solution for him  :-* :D

Clovoro

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Love pleos~
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 11:49:37 AM »

I'm in the process of making him clothes~ nwn It would take a while to find a broken one I could afford, though. I had some on him for a bit, but it made his skin sticky after a little while, so I took it off.  :-[ I should be able to finish the biggest part of his outfit sooner than later though. Thank you, I agree! ^w^ I'm hoping for the best.

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 11:43:52 AM »

Post Some photos if his clothes are ready  ;)

Clovoro

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Love pleos~
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 12:51:09 PM »

Will do, as soon as they are~  :D Hopefully soon. I wanna see how it works out X3  But it'll be a while before I get to the stuff that's specifically supposed to keep his skin safer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal