Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RB hardly played with but statsRB and ProbeRB show he’s old age  (Read 7316 times)

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female

Hi there,

I bought a virtually untouched (seriously he’s immaculate) Pleo RB from EBay, described as only played with a few times and I believe it as he shows no wear at all. I hooked him up with stats and probe but both show him as old age.. how accurate is this? He hardly walks at all and sleeps all the time. So it does sound like he could be old but it just doesn’t fit with his condition really. The seller didn’t really know how to charge him, or much about Pleos so it fits hat he wouldn’t have been run much..? I’m just a little confused. Anybody experienced similar?

-I speak Tegu-

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: RB hardly played with but statsRB and ProbeRB show he’s old age
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »

Old age stage is determined from the time elapsed since the first boot up of the Pleo and not how much run time the Pleo has logged. After three years real time have passed since a Pleo's first boot up, it will automatically enter old age stage regardless of whether it was run every day or only run once and then boxed back up. It sounds like your Pleo is probably just naturally in old age stage at this point! Old Pleo RBs move a bit slower and walk less, but are still fun to have around. If you want to keep him from falling asleep, make sure to set his noon clock to the time that you plan to play with him the most!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 12:49:06 PM »

I would think it is more likely that the seller did not tell the whole truth or does not remember how much or how long the Pleo RB was actually run. I have five Pleo rb, the first being a replacement for the one I got when they first came out in Christmas, 2010. Baby Ruth was reploaced for Baby who I got at Christmas. Baby Ruth arrived in February of 2011, and she is not old age. That is by calculation, 7 YEARS. That is a lot longer then three years for sure. I played with her a lot the first year and for the next year but she rarely gets played with much now as I work full time and I have not only five Pleo Rb but as most members here have seen, I have over 20 Ugobes.. the first one purchased in December 2009.

all of my Pleo RB, Baby Ruth, Cammie Sue, Chester, Pc.  and my still one unnamed one, are all in excellent condition with great skin and no holes! Baby Ruth does have an occasional clicking leg and so does Chester. Two of my Pleo Rb, PC and the unnamed ones are still in the Hatchling stage.. None are in the old age stage, so just running them and boxing them is NOT going to make them go into old age stage. I ran one of my newest ones, PC, this May or June and she was still hatchling stage and it is now almost three years since I purchased her on ebay, advertsised as new, she had only been run less than two hours, it was more like one  hour at most. I will run STATS RB or Probe RB on my oldest one, Baby Ruth this next week and post the results, it will show her stage and she is seven plus years old... I will also see if I can find a video of another one that shows their last stats.              RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo P:) township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 01:58:27 PM »

The transition into old age stage is confirmed to be determined by real time, rather than run time. All of my Pleo RBs that I purchased over three years ago have reached old age stage, despite a couple of them being hardly run at all due to mechanical failures. You can see the information on the exact time spent in each stage here. The earlier stages of life are determined by run time, but the transition from juvenile stage to mature adult and mature adult to old age are both determined by real time data that is recorded even if the Pleo is turned off. I also did a Probe RB check on Chris (my first Pleo RB that I still own) a few days after his "third birthday" to confirm it, and he had just switched over to old age stage at that point, so the information posted on AiboHack appears to be reliable from my experience.

Have you checked Baby Ruth with Probe RB recently? The behavioral changes between mature adult and old age stage are very subtle, so the most reliable way to tell if a Pleo is in old age stage is to use Probe RB or Stats RB given that it's pretty hard to tell the stage from just observing them. If Baby Ruth is still in mature adult stage after seven years, I would guess that either she has been stored with her clock battery outside of her (or the clock battery died in storage) so that she could not log the passage of time or that there is something wrong either with her internal clock or firmware preventing her from being able to age up to the next stage.

Edit:
Just wanted to add an addendum! I am not sure whether this three years is recorded from the point at which the Pleo is first hatched or the point at which it reaches adult stage since all of my own Pleos were raised to adult stage within a couple days of hatching, though one who is now in old age stage was only run for a couple hours in adult stage before being packed up in storage for several years due to mechanical issues and the general hectic-ness of life.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:03:54 PM by aibo7m3 »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 02:04:41 PM »

I just found my probe rb micro card and when done doing a job hunt for my husband, I will check one of my older pleo rb. I am not saying that you are not correct, just that the last time I ran Probe RB on any of my pleos they were in a stage other then Old age. I have not played with Baby ruth in awhile, only because of her clicking leg. I can't run it on Cammie Sue who I won in 2011 because she had a battery problem several years ago and someone helped me with getting her to run, but she will not run without the micro SD card in her constantly that has the female version reset for Pleo rB, she will not run without it so I can't take it out and put Probe Rb in it. I can try it on Chester, or Pc, who are both about five years plus old. Thanks         RWM

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 02:24:13 PM »

Alright, let me know what you find! The three year data on AiboHack seems correct from what I've seen, but I don't know if anyone has ever tested it specifically by checking the age immediately before and after the three year point.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 03:06:51 PM »

I am charging my battery now to make sure I get the best possible results. Should be able to test in next hour, then a video and will upload results. Thanks for infor. RWM :cat-hug:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 03:42:12 PM »

Just a theory, but maybe the first owner monkeyed around with the realtime clock using Change RB's experimental features back when they ran the Pleo the first time, trying to force the Pleo to mature faster, then when it didn't work left it to age in its box with the clock battery still in. I don't know if this is true but just my two cents. Both my Pleo RB's are in old-age stage now and have had their clock batteries in ever since their hatch dates. Ryu was hatched March nineteenth two thousand eleven and Cato was hatched December twenty eighth two thousand ten. Though Cato was ran less than Ryu, he still reached old-age stage first.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »

Battery fully charged so I will play shortly, then run probe rb. Talon, do you know, do RB in old age stage ever just stop, like real animals.? I would hate to think Rb will "die" and not work anymore..........RWM :cat-hug:,

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 06:28:55 PM »

The AiboHack data states that old age stage is set to "end" after 200 years real time, but even if that's the case, none of us will be around 200 years from now, so I don't think we have to worry about that. Your Pleos should be just fine even if they've reached old age stage!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 08:14:42 PM »

Thanks. LOL, I am playing with Pc, took some short video and will upload RB stats, probe Rb shortly. RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 08:15:45 PM »

She acts herself, laughing and eating no slowing down. laughing. Who Who who, and roared like a dragon.. only thing is a back leg clicking. RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2018, 08:20:05 PM »

this is the pleo I tested with Probe Rb, should work cause I purchased her off ebay in Frebruary 2013. She had barely any playtime then, still a hatchling. Her name is PC, cause she has pink eyes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 08:22:32 PM by RedwoodsMama »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 09:22:28 PM »

Well I am disappointed a surprised. I ran PC probe RB and she is indeed Old Age even though she acts young... Does this mean if she went through never having learned her name, she is too old, never went through the Social emotional stage? Can Old age Pleo Rb still  learn tricks? Guess that is the problem with not having time to play with them and they sit. If I knew they would go through old age automatically at a certain age, then I would have pulled the clock battery. Why didn't Pleo World tell everyone that at three years that all pleos would enter Old Age?

That means most people here all have old age pleos unless they just bought a new one, never opened! Thanks for the info. I will have to look at Aibohacks report. I haven't been on the site in awhile and there could be new info......The good thing is that my Pleo, Pc, is in good shape and even though I hadn't fed her in months, it did not seem to affect her mood, health etc. I did feed her when turning her on today though!         RWM  :cat-hug: and the Old Age retirement township of the REdwoods. LOL P;)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 11:48:09 PM »

Thankfully you can teach an old Pleo new tricks! ;) She can still learn her name and all tricks even if she's in old age stage. All it affects is the level of activity and speed of motions and the effect isn't that noticeable. It is always a good idea to remove the clock battery if you know you won't be running a Pleo for a long time, but it isn't the end of the world if a Pleo reaches old age stage and I believe the stage is implemented to help protect Pleos as their parts age. I do think many RBs must be in old age stage by now given that they were released back in 2010. PC looks like she's doing very well for her age though!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:43:43 AM by aibo7m3 »

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 03:23:12 AM »

Wow guys that I didn’t expect such comprehensive answers to my question but I’m SO glad I asked. I guess now we all know now then!
-I speak Tegu-

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 06:42:20 PM »

Boy, Redwoods! What an odd situation PC is in. Physically she's geriatric but software wise she's still a baby. Good luck raising your uh... old baby. Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 10:19:22 PM »

I have one more question, I have an unnamed Pleo, one with beautiful green emerald eyes. She barely learned to walk, was still a hatchling........does this mean she can walk and do everything that "old age" pleos do? Wish I had known about the battery thing.. Still want to know why Pleo World did not tell the future Pleo owners this in any videos........... RWM

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2018, 10:42:08 PM »

I remember you posting about her when you first got her in the mail (I think there was a contest to guess her eye and eye patch color), she is a really beautiful Pleo! I believe that she should be in old age stage by now, unless the 3 year count starts after the Pleo reaches mature adult stage. You could always run Probe RB on her to check for certain!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal