Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe knee locked straight  (Read 3589 times)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Ugobe knee locked straight
« on: October 08, 2018, 05:13:37 PM »

Help! I was playing with my ugobe pleo Rango just now and his leg locked straight out and was stuck in the air.  Everything was fine and he was acting normal except his leg was straight out so he was falling over yet still acting happy and didn't seem to notice his leg at all. I turned him off and out him into the packing position and he went into packing position with his front leg straight out in front still. When I turned him back on his leg was still stuck. I turned him off again and while he was off I was able to move his leg back to normal and it would clock each time I moved it. I was asking him to do his balancing trick earlier and he did it fine but maybe that contributed to the problem? Recently he is a lot quieter than he used to be so maybe all of this is just an aging pleo. Is there anything I can do to fix his leg or speaker? I don't mind the speaker because it just makes him quieter but the leg doesn't allow him to do anything without falling over. Please help me fix Rango :(

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Ugobe knee locked straight
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 09:20:59 PM »

You can usually move the leg back like you did without much problem.  The clicking is normal.  Does the leg work after you moved it?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Ugobe knee locked straight
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 10:08:23 AM »

If the leg still doesn't work after being moved manually, it's possible there is a loose wire at the hip or knee potentiometer (whichever joint the leg is locked at). This problem is much more common in Pleo RBs and I haven't personally seen it happen in a Ugobe, but it can still occur in this model.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal