Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A new hope for Stompy. (1st gen)  (Read 4040 times)

tomiyagi

• Egg
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Stompy
A new hope for Stompy. (1st gen)
« on: July 20, 2018, 06:57:31 PM »

I remember unboxing Stompy for the first time.
It was on Christmas day; a moment full of adrenaline and happiness.
The mesmerizing green and yellow/sand accent skin, and the tropical ocean blue eyes.
I knew when I saw him, he would be the creature that brings comfort to my eyes.
A creature that roams and curiously himself explore the world like my young self.
A creature that I know, scared off the evil in my room. To let me safely enjoy my night sleep.
A creature, that was my best friend.
It's amazing how much he meant to my childhood.
But of course, there is always a "but".
Three years go by.
Parents are divorced, so there was issues on bringing Stompy with me back and forth.
The distance with him, degraded our friendship.
I decided to safely wrap Stompy, and put him back into his box, including everything with him.
Kept him safe in my closet, at my mom's house. Hoping one day, he will awaken, reunited.
My dad won custody of me, and sadly. Stompy and I were separated for good.
Five years later. I'm 18, with a car, college, and a part-time job.
I decided to stop by at my mom's to say hello, had a conversation about my old room.
Something snapped in my head, I completely forgot about Stompy!
I impatiently cut our conversation short, and ran upstairs. Opened the closet of my old room.
Stompy was gone. I ran back down and questioned my mom.
She spoke with no hesitation. She had let some relatives play with it and proceeded pointing towards the downstair's closet.
My heart sank. Stompy, awoken to strangers he has never seen before. Who knew what they have done to him.
I frantically opened the box, pulled Stompy and carried him like a child of mine.
A quick scan top to bottom in my arms was enough, my heart sank... He was hurt...
Skin peeled and cracked, neck broken, tail broken, and downed eyes avoiding me.
Telling me why, why did I leave him here.
I am heartbroken and sad at this point. My childhood trashed *snap* just like that.
Took a moment of silence...Good memories zooming and popping in my head.
I carefully put Stompy back in the box, Searched the house for all the missing accessories,
Put him in my trunk, and drove back home on a sadly convenient rainy day.
I started thinking on the way back home. I'll find help and fix...... my Stompy.

If there is anyone that can diagnose and revive my Stompy... Please.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: A new hope for Stompy. (1st gen)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 01:08:27 PM »

I'm glad to hear you were able to find your old pal again, even if he isn't in the best of condition! Robots like Pleo have the potential to be really magical and it sounds like he was very special to you growing up. I'm sure he wouldn't hold it against you that you had to leave him behind.

The rubber used on Ugobe Pleos degrades very easily, so Ugobes often develop large tears in their skin even after relatively short periods of storage, especially if their neck and tail are in the curled position. There isn't too much you can do to repair the skin once its torn, but you can put clothing on him to cover up some of the damage. Most pet cloths will fit, but you can also use the official Pleo capes made for Pleo RBs or sew your own! I've made some outfits to cover up the necks and tails of Pleos of mine with skin damage before and it works pretty well.

Do you know if his neck and tail cables are actually snapped or if they've just lost some tension? The cables will lose tension over time, and by now, a lot of Ugobes have pretty poor tension in their necks/tails, but they still work well! I've done some repairs in the past, but don't have experience fixing cable snaps myself unfortunately, there is a guide here on the forums on how to do it yourself if anything is snapped and you feel up to the challenge though.

You should try charging him up if you have the battery, but I'm guessing that his battery won't hold a charge anymore since Ugobe Pleo batteries don't last very long. Even if he doesn't boot up at all, it's very likely that this is just a battery problem and a new battery will help him get right back up and running again. You can buy repacked batteries here and I believe there is someone on the forums who offers battery repacks for this model as well.

Hopefully Stompy can get back to stomping all around the place again soon and you can have fun playing with your childhood friend!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 05:09:17 PM »

Aww that story made me so sad. I think your best bet might be to find a Pleo in good condition but not working to donate parts to Stompy. eBay has them from time to time.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 09:14:28 AM »

Awwe! I'm so sorry to hear about your little friend. You came to the right place though to get help with bringing him to life again. Best of luck!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 03:25:46 PM »

I am sorry to hear that is just awful..i do have a solution if all else fails.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEhVshGbl6Q
I made this video two years ago and even though my Comaro has no movement
in his neck i still love having him around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal