Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Zoomer Playful Pup has legs instead of wheels  (Read 7847 times)

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: New Zoomer Playful Pup has legs instead of wheels
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »

Okay. I like the added functions and the ability to name your Zoomer. I'd be curious to see if he still has that crazy zippy autonomy where he just runs around and does random stuff by himself. That was one of the things I was looking for in Chip but didn't get. Kind of curious about this one.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Sartin

• Hatchling
  • us
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 07:01:20 AM »

I'm pretty impressed with how it can roll over like that. How durable do you think that mechanism is btw? Do you think it breaks fast?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 11:35:16 AM »

Based on Spinmaster's track record, I would say... probably so. The downfall of the former Zoomer was that waist torso servo. I've had my Zoomer 2.0 for nearly two years, but I've only played with it like thirty minutes a month during that time. He is now starting to misjudge where his butt is positioned and sometimes tries to run around with his rear end sideways against the floor. Sometimes he will correct it by himself, other times I have to turn him off and back on again for him to reset himself. I am an adult and I make sure my hyperactive bot has plenty of space to do his thing so- as far as I know- he hasn't been subjected to any shocks or other abuse. I guess we shall see how this newest Zoomer holds up once he is getting malled and kicked around and pounced on by his intended audience.
Talon
Talon

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 05:08:07 PM »

I found my Zoomer repeatedly banging his head against walls a little disturbing.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 07:22:59 PM »

Yeah. They will do that. I'm not sure how their obstacle-detection works but it's not that great. I think if they put those infrared sensors in the dog's face or something instead of in his chest, he would probably be better able to navigate his surroundings.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 11:03:50 PM »

I like the look of it, and those cute little bunnies in the background ;) My zoomer Dino still runs great, I take him to school every now and then for the kids to play with.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PleoAibo29

• Pleontologist
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Suse and Mack
  • linux n00b
    • none
    • Gonzo
    • Flying_Ace
    • AIBO Cafe
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 10:29:43 PM »

I'm not really that into Spinmaster stuff, but this one's strangely compelling. I might have to pick one up, haha!

rickytrnr

• Hatchling
  • in Female
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 10:42:22 PM »

Hello

Always disconnect USB cable and close the charging compartment.

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 01:09:56 AM »

Wow he is very great i have 2 purple Zoomer Robot Dogs sadly are she broken.
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

Olga:)

• Hatchling
  • ru Female
  • Pleo(s): Leo
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 08:55:11 AM »

Also a good idea. All the same legs he used often broke down. We have already repaired your Zoomer several times. It will be necessary then to buy this model.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 06:02:49 PM »

I just received my Zoomer Playful Pup and have uploaded a YouTube video of his unboxing! They aren't fully released quite yet, but should be soon and some small online retailers like Robotshop have them available now.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fKDHg3Qe5o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fKDHg3Qe5o</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fKDHg3Qe5o

First impressions are mixed. It's a fun bot with impressive voice recognition, but I am really concerned for its durability. The rear hips sound like they're really straining in the one I own and he's brand new out of the box. He seems very rough on himself and falls over repeatedly. The robot cannot really walk in a traditional sense, so it wiggles and jumps in order to move. I actually missed the slip in the unboxing video since it was hidden under a panel of cardboard, but there was a warning inside the box that the legs may become disconnected from the body and need to be clicked back into place, which didn't sound good at all to me.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 12:30:11 PM »

Whaaaaaat? Spinmaster is releasing a product- marketed at kids- where the legs can come detached? Wow! I hope they will correct this in later models of this dog. They have instantly turned me away from this guy. Add that to the fact that it doesn't even really move around. No. I am still curious to know what all he can do, but I don't believe I will be purchasing him.
Talon
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal