Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robotic cushion pet!  (Read 5783 times)

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
Robotic cushion pet!
« on: October 21, 2017, 05:47:49 AM »

This is pretty crazy! This video is in Japanese

https://youtu.be/-2TbYYXajNY

This one is in English

https://youtu.be/AEM6YBzONrg

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Robotic cushion pet!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:44:16 PM »

Ummmmmm...... *Gets big questioning eyes* Huh? Lol! What on earth is this thing? PennysMum, your description in the title was priceless. A "cushion pet"? What in the world does this thing look like? By the way that journalist was reacting I thought maybe the thing was vibrating in his hands or something. And then he had to sit on it? Haha! I instantly thought of something like a Tribble. That's not a bad price but... uuuuuuh if I'm going to invest a hundred dollars in a vibrating furry ball I'd rather put it toward something with some class like that delectable silver Joy For All cat on Amazon. Please somebody relieve my curiosity and describe this thing!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 02:05:58 PM »

It’s taken me a while to get over laughing hysterically at your post! This thing is literally a large cushion with a cat’s tale. The tale moves in a realistic manner and reacts to you petting and stroking it. Sounds crazy but as someone in late middle age I can see the attraction as you do tend to get fonder of cushions as you get older mainly due to not being able to get comfortable and growing progressively softer,

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 04:01:56 PM »

Oh. Okay. A furry cushion with a reactive tail. Lol! You know what this reminds me of? There's this dog toy that is shaped like a ball that vibrates and has a fuzzy tail sticking out of it. It has a very sensitive spring-loaded switch or something inside and the thing will go crazy at the slightest touch on that tail. Now humans have a cuddly version of a dog toy? *Confused face* Okay. I've seen everything. How funny!
*Sigh* And I hear you about middle-age. I am thirty six and I've discovered that there is an art to falling. Several years back, I could take a tumble over an obstacle left in the floor and not think anything about coming down hard on a knee or ending up palms first on the floor, but now if I come down on a knee, it rewards me soundly for mistreating it the day after.
As a matter of fact, last year, I picked up a box outside and injured my back. Now this box only weighed eleven pounds but it was about the size of a large microwave. It had my newly-repaired Genibo SD in it and it was POURING rain. I scooped that thing up off the ground in my arms after bending at the waist and hefting it into the air and ran up all eight steps on my front porch. Can you tell where this is going? No? *Groan* The following day for the next three months, I had lower back pain throughout the holiday season. Anyway, sorry everyone for getting so off topic. We'll have to see if this fluffy human dog toy turns out to deliver a one hundred dollar snuggle.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 10:38:03 AM »

A robot cushion with a tail... my husband saw me watching the video started laughing hysterically :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »

First congratulations on your marraige! ( I was able to watch it on Facebook!) As for the pincushion pet, I saw that about two months ago on Youtube and thought how strange it was, just like a pillow with a vibrator and moving tail.. but I guess it could be soothing to someone, though strange.........LOL... I wish the Robotic cats that are "comfort pets" to the elderly were cheaper, I would look at a used one, but with 12 real ones, I have no reason to want one at this time............ %)

If someone here ever gets one of these cushion pets, I would like to see more videos and comments..

RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township of the REdwoods P8)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 08:09:30 PM »

Oh my goodness! If anyone puts up the hundred bucks for this... ummmmm thing, I would sadly have to question their sanity. I wanted a Hiboo owl, but didn't want the fifty dollar price tag so I settled for a Fuzzy Wonderz instead. It's... kind of like a baby Hiboo that hatches from an egg and works with a similar app to the Hiboo but for thirty dollars less. To each their own, but a  pincushion with a reactive tail isn't worth twenty dollars to me much less one hundred.
Talon
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal