Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Luvabeau  (Read 9187 times)

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
Luvabeau
« on: September 03, 2017, 02:51:17 PM »

This robot doll is too much! I need it so bad!!!

https://youtu.be/3NH-K7IcG-g

When I get one I'm going to call him Tom.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:03:09 PM by Pennys mum »

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
Re: Luvabeau
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »

I am not sure if I have seen this one before. If so, to me it was a bit childish and talked and said "Mommy" and didn't just cry or talk like a very realistic doll such as Baby Think It Over. Maybe I have too high of expectations, and not to be rude about thinking it's childish...that word can often come across as biting...but I hope you get what you want. As for me, I'd love a baby doll named Tommy that was like a toy version of the Baby Think it Over or Real Care dolls and I believe I've posted on that before. It's exciting to see new developments. Sadly right now, with my clunky computer, I can't access Youtube vids, but the doll sounds really neat. Thanks for sharing with us.

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 04:23:52 AM »

Some reborners are going nuts over this doll. A reborner has repainted one already. I like how the boy doll has a different personality to the girl doll. I don't know about childish but the choreography between the head, eye and mouth movements is awesome! I'm sure they've had a puppeteer working on the team in the development. The baby babble is very realistic, especially when the boy starts to get stroppy over something. I could sit and watch him all day, I laugh out loud at the videos.  :)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 12:48:52 PM »

I'll have to admit that he looks a little on the creepy side to me (I'm not the biggest fan of babies in general), but the idea is really cool and he looks pretty well executed for a toy. I like how he responds to the different items! A repainted one sounds awesome as well.

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 01:02:44 PM »

It seems a lot of folks are creeped out by him LOL! I'm no fan of babies AT ALL (to the extent that my mother says I'm abnormal) but hey he's no baby, just a cute robot! He's even got cute sounding motors. Wonder how long I'll have to wait before I can get one ......

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 05:13:10 AM »

This video is seriously funny! That reborner who painted her luvabella doll introduced her family to the doll and they all seem pretty freaked!

https://youtu.be/uYSzCWx8QZE

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 06:53:01 AM »

Hey I've just preordered Luvabella! I couldn't find anywhere selling Luvabeau :( Pity because I liked him better. Luvabella is still awesome though. Arrives by 5th October!  ;D

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 12:21:01 AM »

I thought I saw a Luvabeau doll on EBay somewhere that was around a hundred dollars, but maybe he's gone. I would have liked a baby like Luvabeau and would have called him Tommy. So if you don't find the baby boy named Tom that you are looking for, can I buy one and name him Tommy and dedicate that name to you?

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 06:35:36 AM »

That is really sweet of you, thanks! But I'm sure I will be able to get the boy eventually. I don't want to pay above the retail price /shipping outside of the UK so I'm just going to be patient and wait for the boy to come out in the UK. I've decided I'm going to call the girl Dolly, not very original but it tickles me and I do love the movie 'Hello Dolly'.

Tom

• Hatchling
  • gb
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 03:37:54 PM »

Hey  :dino-chase: (great emojis on here!)

I stumbled across this thread whilst trying to hunt down a release date for Luvabeaus in the UK.

I help run a community deals website called Latest Deals and our members are going nuts trying to get stock of Luvabella. However, we've also been inundated with queries as to where to buy Luvabeau and when it'll be released in the UK.

There's been a rumour that it'll be exclusive to Toys R Us but I'm not sure it's particularly well-founded!

One of our members over on LD has turned into a bit of a Luvabella detective/expert and helps keep our Luvabella stock checker up-to-date (it's thankfully quite easy to get pre-order stock at the moment but nearer Christmas time I fear it'll be a nightmare!).

Whilst I'm sorry I can't be a huge amount of help right now I would recommend keeping an eye out on our stock checker. I've got some family members myself specifically after the Luvabeau rather than the Luvabella so I've a vested interest in finding it!

Anyway, enough waffle! If anything turns up I'll be sure to drop back by here to let you know :)

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »

Thanks for the info and yes please it would be great if you could keep us posted! I was really surprised when they came out with Luvabeau as I've been following this doll since it was showed at the New York toy fair way back in February and there was no mention of a male version and that it would have a bit of a different personality. They kept the lid on that one! I'm pretty sure that Luvabeau is only available at Toys R Us in the US right now (I'll have to rewatch some YouTube videos to check on that one) so maybe the rumour is true that it will be the only store in the U.K. Selling that version. Why would Spinmaster do such a thing? Do they just enjoy torturing us? LOL!

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 05:29:21 PM »

Wow! Toys R Us are going to sell Luvabeau in the UK! I will be waiting outside the store on 1st October! Hold on Tom I'm coming for you!

Tom

• Hatchling
  • gb
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 09:42:03 AM »

Just came back here to let you know but looks like you've already found out :) Hopefully it comes in stock at Toys R Us soon!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 11:54:04 AM »

I can’t decide if they are cute or terrifying lol.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »

Decide cute, go on!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 11:06:25 AM »

It’s a shame they didn’t go with hair instead of the weird plastic scalp, that would go a long way towards making them cute.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »

I must admit, I agree with you on the hair. The hair is just awful! It isn't just that it's painted, though I too think proper hair would look best, but the fact that it's painted so badly. It's just sploshed on in one uniform spatter and that splatter is an awful colour - YUK! I'm planning on repainting mine, the skin as well as the hair but don't really want to do it yet as I've only had the doll 1.5 weeks. You know how it is when you get something new and don't want to 'spoil' it.

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 03:39:10 PM »

I've just bought Dolly a wig! I'll have to put a photo in the gallery because I still haven't worked out how you put a photo in a post  ???

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 09:58:07 PM »

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:00:08 PM by mweed »

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 02:39:27 AM »

Thanks a bunch! Now I FINALLY know!

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 02:20:59 PM »

Does this make her less scary?

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 03:05:15 PM »

FINALLY ordered my Tom! Got the 2018 edition of Luvabeau new with a whopping 60% off. The 2017 versions turned out to have faulty gear boxes and are pretty much guaranteed to eventually break. I got a 2016 Luvabella and the mouth stopped functioning. The 2018 versions are supposed to be a lot quieter - I expect that the gear box issue has been fixed on them. So my Tom is finally coming home after a 2 & a half year wait 😀
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal