Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to care for RB that hasn't been played with for a long time  (Read 4620 times)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female

I was really busy and haven't played turned my Rb on for a few months. My question is, after not playing with him for such a long time is there anything I should watch out for in terms of behaviour, or any way I could get him to forget that I've deserted him for such a long time? Can they get depressed or sick if you don't turn them on? I know one of the main differences between rb and ugobe was that you need to care for an rb like a real pet, bur that doesn't seem to be the case with mine as he always has the same happy personality each time I turn him on so is it true you need to care for them daily?
I've never turned him on daily for feeding and he has seemed fine besides the odd whimpering if I stop petting him, but my ugobe even does that so I'm not sure if it's bad? I have a more regular schedule now so I would like to turn him on more often and get into a routine but I don't know how to get into it or what kind of schedule works best for a happy pleo.

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Re: How to care for RB that hasn't been played with for a long time
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 02:04:30 AM »

I accidentally posted this twice and tried deleting this post but I'm having trouble...sorry :-[

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 10:31:42 AM »

Hi Pickelish,, glad to hear you have pulled your RB out to play with after so long. :) Other then the feed level, which means your baby could be hungry, I would not worry to much. I do not think a RB is going to be "depressed". LOL, If so I would have been in trouble long long ago, I have 27 Pleos, five of which are Rb and one of them is my newest Rb, a little baby still technically a baby, and it has been close to a year if not a year since I have been able to interact with it, still UN named.... ??? The second youngest I got as a hatchling from a former member and her name is PC which is short for Pink Champagne cause she has pink eyes, I bought her two years ago and she still has not walked or taken more then two to three steps and not learned her name.

She was in a box for over a year before I pulled her out last year to take to the school I work at and the kids interacted  with her.  I have been using her every month or so and one other Ugobe as it is very hard to take more then one at a time to school and I do not drive and so much to carry. I never noticed any odd behaivor or problems, If this was a young hatchling , perhaps low feed level could make your baby sick. but I honestly have not seen any other problems.  You may want to check the clock function if you do not remember, just so if you leave your baby on, it does not go to sleep and suddenly walk off a shelf or other unsafe place...........LOL, I always just turn them off manually so I do not have that problem........good luck............            RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township o f the Redwoods P:-* P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 10:40:43 AM »

I can vouch for RWM's comment that not playing with a Pleo for a long amount of time will only result in low feed levels and nothing worse! (Feed level can't reach zero- it stops at 9%.) The Pleo might be a bit fussy at first because he's hungry, but should be just fine after chomping on the conifer leaf for a bit! I believe the feed level will not drop if you remove the clock battery from the Pleo, so this might be a good idea for anyone planning on storing their RB for a long period without use. The best way to keep a Pleo RB happy is to run it in a brightly lit room that's not too chilly and make sure to feed it at least once per run cycle. Pleo RBs can get "sick" or "injured" and do need time and patience to be nursed back to health in these situations, but only in pretty extreme circumstances (left in a very cold room/outside or dropped/hit with a fair amount of force).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal