Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back moving to one side  (Read 3278 times)

roturn

• Egg
  • de Male
  • Pleo(s): -
Back moving to one side
« on: June 01, 2017, 03:13:49 AM »

Hi

I am new on this board and just had repaired the neck cables with the tutorial here successfully.

Though I have another problem now, which is about the back part of the Pleo.
The gears make the back move to the side and hence the left side of the Plep is taut and the right part is "pressed".

In this picture you can see how hte right side is moved together while the other one is stretched.

You can manually move it into the correct position but then you basically fret the gears for this movement as it`s kind of "violent". Everytime you start the Pleo, it moves again to the maximum side of the gears into this direction and it doesn`t move back at any time.

Does anybody know this problem and has a solution?

When repairing the Neck cables I didn`t touch any things further behind the "neck cable gears".

If you don`t understand properly, just give me a hint and I will try to explain it better with other words.

pnhicks

Re: Back moving to one side
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 04:55:01 AM »

Hi Roturn,

!First, don't jerk it back into position manually! As you have noted, it will continue to return back to that position. You could try disconnecting the black saddle clamp that joins the front and rear halves together after the pleo stops thrashing about then reattach the saddle clamp with both halves re positioned in as straight a posture as possible, i.e.  the neutral position.

If after that your pleo continues to twist violently to one side, I would suspect a broken wire on the position sensor.  Remove the top front cover and check the three wire going to the sensor on the waist position servo.

Hope that helps!

Peter
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 02:46:33 AM by pnhicks »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Back moving to one side
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 01:41:59 AM »

It looks like the Pleo thinks the gear is out of alignment. You'll have to undo the middle screw joining the two halves and realign it. As said above, try and get Pleo in a neutral position for that.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal