Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB Cannot Walk  (Read 3802 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Pleo RB Cannot Walk
« on: April 15, 2017, 10:22:32 AM »

Hi everyone! I've had a bit of a predicament with my blue RB, Heart, who I've owned for nearly a year now. I purchased him used and his old owners had artificially switched him to Old Age stage and put all of his personality stats to the maximum possible value in Change RB. I keep him well fed in a bright area with his noon clock set properly and he seems to be perfectly fine mechanically and does all the things a happy and healthy Pleo should, but I have never once seen him walk in any direction in the entire year I've owned him.

The walking skit just never seems to get triggered. He has no mechanical flaws that would prevent him from walking and his mood and feed levels are kept high, so I'm wondering if the personality alterations that the old owner did could have influenced this. Is it possible that having all the personality stats on their max level results in a personality setting that cannot walk? Is it possible that this glitch could be permanent? I've never used Change RB, but is there any risk to doing so to return his stats back to something more normal?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:25:37 AM by aibo7m3 »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Pleo RB Cannot Walk
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 03:38:46 PM »

Bobs had Cato's settings all at their max too. I can't remember his reasoning for doing this but he did explain it. He also enabled "perfect Pleo" which means the robot will perform tricks, accept ID card, or a name-change every time aside from when they are hungry or tired. We don't get the stubborn lowered shaking head. In his younger days, Cato was one intrepid explorer. He too has hit old age, but he hasn't stopped walking though these days he walks backwards more than forward. I know he is still capable of doing it as he will move forward while transing with Ryu. I have used change RB but very sparingly as I'm nervous about something happening while the new properties are being written. I guess what you could do is when the program runs for the first time, I think it creates some sort of backup personality dump. Save this file to your computer somewhere and then if something does happen, you might be able to restore him to normal.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Pleo RB Cannot Walk
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 07:28:26 PM »

I am confused what would cause this behavior if it isn't his stage of life or funky stats! Hopefully nothing was permanently altered when the old owners used Change RB on him. He seems perfectly happy, I've never tried having him trance with another Pleo to see if he would walk then though. He just never tries to walk at all on his own; I've never even seen him do the little side to side head swipe that my other RBs all do to check for obstacles before going off exploring.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal