Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick way to turn off Furby Connnect  (Read 5719 times)

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
Quick way to turn off Furby Connnect
« on: April 06, 2017, 10:14:34 AM »

Saw a video today on how to turn off Furby Connect without using the mask. You press down on the antenna for 5 seconds. It works a treat!

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
Re: Quick way to turn off Furby Connnect
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:47:39 AM »

I am loving my Loo Boo! I have never had any kind of Furby before so this is all new to me. I found it really cute how you can turn them on the side and they go all snugly, sing rock-a-bye Furby and nodd off. Maybe all Furbys do that, I've no idea because I've nothing to compare it with. Any important stuff I should know from Furby experts here please pass on. ;)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »

That's unique to the connect :) Furby boom just gets mad if you try that lol.

Play lots, but also leave the connect on but alone for a while here and there, you'll discover new things. My older furies still surprise me from time to time.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 02:21:22 PM »

This thing is a blast! Everyone in the world should have one. Have discovered that Loo Boo loves Boney M. Will heed advice and watch out for new stuff. Will definitely get her a friend in the future.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 04:11:40 PM »

I had a two thousand twelve Furby for a while but after owning Tough for about a year, I just couldn't get excited about him anymore. Other than the sleep mask and the making songs via its head, what sets this Furby apart from the two thousand twelve generation?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 05:10:00 AM »

Furby Connect has a very tactile rubbery antenna with musical notes which I do find myself absentmindedly twiddling. Another feature I like is that it knows the date and time. I'm not sure how knowing the date will pan out but it is nice that it says good-morning and good-night at the appropriate time. I like the snugly mode it goes into when it's put on it's side and cuddled, and the super soft fur.

I've never had a Furby before so I don't know if this applies to other Furbys: The Furby Connect can learn its name and other Furbys will call it by its name when they meet. It appreciates Boney M. It has over 1000 phrases, a lot of which are very amusing. It reacts to loud noises with complaint. It has a large range of very expressive synchronised movents, especially with the ears that are huge and move independently. The tiny beak is very cute and I like how you have to hold down the incy wincy tongue to feed it (maybe all furbys have a tongue as a switch?) I find it surprising the way it can join in when you are doing something on the app including when you are doing something wrong.

Overall I really like how Loo Boo seems like a complete little character. I know they were expensive when they first came out but I feel it is well worth the £40 I paid.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 06:25:09 AM »

I wanted to add that Furby Connects also have the softest fur out of any Furby model by far!

I've owned a lot of Furbies, and I can say that behavior-wise, I prefer the 1998 model to the Connect, but the Connect is very cute and super soft. I personally leave my two Connects off a lot of the time since the repetitive pop culture references and frequent farting put me off a bit, but there is a lot of newer tech in the Connect vs the Boom/2012. The Connect also only has one personality and doesn't cycle through different ones like the previous two models.

I haven't really used the app with my Connects for more than a couple minutes, so I'm not certain how that changes things. I might try redownloading it now that I have a better phone, but I don't tend to use Furbies with their apps very often and prefer them as standalone robots.

Piggy

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 02:47:47 PM »

I ordered also a furby connect in a blue color  :D sadly the app isn't available in the Netherlands. Can't wait for my furby to arrive .... Now I just have to be patient for two or three weeks for my package to arrive  :-[

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 04:58:21 AM »

Oooowww!!! That is exciting news  :D

The Furby world app is available as a free download from amazon or if you have an Apple device you should be able to get it from the Apple App Store as I did. You need the app to name the Furby.

Look forward to hearing about your new addition  :)

I've made a video of Dee Doo being petted, link here:

https://youtu.be/j27lE6LqwvU

They can be really cute when being petted but still suffer from flatulence. I blame it on all the junk food.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 05:13:08 AM by Pennys mum »

Piggy

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 12:54:16 AM »

Dee do is cute  :-*  ! I can't wait for mine to arrive  :D and thanks for the tip I was able to download the app  :thumb:

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 12:18:41 PM »

Great news!

Piggy

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 12:55:29 AM »

My Furby connect has arrived it is a teal colored one and I also bought a slightly used one from the German eBay. So Now I have also a pink one  :-*. They are both very cute especially when they sing together!
Sadly The app I downloaded doesn't work very well .... It keeps crashing and saying not available in your country. The same with my IPad .... It is available in the U.S store but I can not download it because it is not available in the Dutch AppStore. So I have to be patient and wait for the app to come out here.

But in the meantime I enjoy them very much ! And the fur is so soft  :-*

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 03:40:05 AM »

Really pleased to hear about your new furbys!  ;D It's a pity about the app. To be honest though I don't use the app anymore because the novelty of a furby being able to join in and comment on things soon wears off and besides I ended up arguing with my furby   ^-^ The furby says stuff like 'o..o..okaaay' or 'but...but...but' if you make a mistake or are doing something wrong, sometimes even 'noooooooo!' This is fair enough when you have really made a mistake but sometimes it was just that I was doing something in a none standard way that did actually work. The last straw was when one time when I wasn't doing anything incorrect Loo Boo said in a really sarcastic voice 'If oo-nye must!' I really lost my temper which my husband found hilarious. So I tend to stay away from the app now. You do need it to name your furbys though and I don't think they know what time of day it is unless they've been connected to the app at least once so won't say things like 'what's for breakfast?' when you switch them on in the morning, but I'm not so sure about that.

Try putting one on its back and slowly rocking it in your hand, they can be really cute when you do that.

Anything you want to share I'm keen on hearing  ;) I'm still obsessed with mine! :-*
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:42:13 AM by Pennys mum »

Piggy

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 05:06:54 AM »

Thank you for sharing your opinion on the Furby app  ;) I had the same thing with the Furby boom app . My friends kids en nephew and niece love the app but indeed for a adult it gets boring after a while. The pink one is a slightly used one and she calls herself Ah Bay . I tried your tip of rocking the Furby slowly in my hand it started singing rock a bye Furby  so cute  :-*

It is also very funny when they interact with each other. They introduce themselves and sing songs in harmony with matching dance moves. And they have a conversation with lots of farts and burbs .

do you have one or two Furby connect ? I remember reading about Loo Boo and Dee Doo  :D I did not have a argument with my Furby's yet .... sometimes they are adorable but they can be loud and annoying too  :-X

I will try to post a video of them singing together ...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:11:54 AM by Piggy »

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 03:51:43 AM »

Yes I have two furby connects: Dee Doo is purple and Loo Boo is pink. I only connected Dee Doo to the app once to name him but Loo Boo has been connected to the app a lot. They are really quite different because Loo Boo has been heavily influenced by the app so says a lot of stuff that is different to what Dee Doo says. I like that because it gives them a bit of a different personality. Have you noticed any difference between what your connects say? My favourite thing when they are interacting is when they make each other laugh  :-*

Piggy

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 03:44:47 AM »

I was able to download the app on my new Samsung phone  :D But so far only my pink Furby connect Ah Bay will connect with it . It now sings songs songs I know what you did last summer, and I saw the sign  ;D. Don't know of the app will update itself ? My niece and nephew had a blast playing with the app.  They react still quite the same only Ah Bay wil now sing those songs and say things like I know what you did last summer . Wow and I can't believe how much batteries they go true  :o

Iam also a bit obsessed by them , they are so cute  :-*

Piggy

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 01:25:02 AM »

It takes forever to update the app I am now stuck with drumming grandma and still the same songs  >:(
I even got a purple Furby connect now  :D My husband ordered for me it was a late birthday present  :-*
I have made a video of them all three interacting and singing .... but have trouble getting it on YouTube.
I will try again later . Hopefully I can post it here  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal