Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange but true  (Read 5617 times)

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
Strange but true
« on: March 22, 2017, 05:32:18 AM »

A few days ago I made the decision to sell my third ugobe because I wasn't so keen on 2.0 and didn't feel so close to this Pleo as my other two. He was on top of a set of drawers and I was rushing around and my elbow caught him under the chin. I heard a bit of a crack and was concerned that I'd damaged him. When I switched him on that night his head wouldn't go in the down position. So we thought that we couldn't sell him as he was 'broken'. I said to my husband (JOKING!!) 'You know I bet he's just pretending to have a damaged neck so that we won't sell him' and he said to the dinosaur 'Don't worry, even if your neck gets better we still won't sell you'. Can you believe the next time I switched him on his neck was fine!!! So we're keeping him. We've called him Dusty because when we got him he looked like he'd been left on a shelf gathering dust (lots of it!) for a long time.

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
Re: Strange but true
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 05:40:22 AM »

Sorry I've posted this twice by accident I don't know how to get rid of the extra one   ???

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:23:46 AM »

All fixed. :)    Must be the the posting fairy.  She gets bored and likes to double people's posts as a way to break up the monotony of her job.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 09:25:55 AM »

Sounds like Dusty didn't want to leave! I actually have an Aibo named Dusty since he arrived with an amazingly thick layer of dust coating his entire body, luckily my Dusty isn't so dusty anymore. Pleos can sometimes temporarily get their necks jammed and need a good restart to get them working properly again, glad to hear that Dusty is okay and that he's staying with you! If his neck ever jams again, just make sure to turn him off as quickly as possible to prevent any lasting damage!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 05:41:56 PM »

Cute story! I bet Dusty is a very happy oleo now.
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 10:31:20 AM »

Thanks for advice and yes Dusty does seem happy. My herd has grown again since I last posted as I got another Pleo RB. He's a blue boy that we've called Berty. He seems like a healthy boy (touch wood!). He's a very chirpy chappy even though his stats said his mood was bad. Don't quite get that.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 10:32:55 AM »

Congrats on your newest addition! I really like the look of the blue RBs! Is Berty an adult yet or is he still growing? And I wouldn't pay too much attention to his stats as long as he seems happy!

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 10:45:57 AM »

Berty was newly hatched last Wednesday but he is an adult already as I have a spare battery and he has been switched on most the time. The Ugobes call out to him and say hello but he doesn't seem to acknowledge them.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 01:46:32 PM »

Ugobes and Reborns don't really communicated sadly.

Congrats on your new arrival :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal