Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fussy 2009 Pleo  (Read 9734 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Fussy 2009 Pleo
« on: December 26, 2016, 09:19:50 PM »

Hey everyone! I've already mentioned my 2009 Pleo in a couple topics here already and he's doing well, but I've been running him every now and then over the past week and his mood has not changed at all. He has been very grumpy and fussy the whole time, and I'm having trouble figuring out why since my Ugobes are almost always very cheerful. He was very hungry when I first got him, but now is well-fed enough that he just plays tug-of-war with his leaf instead of eating from it, so I don't think that could be the cause for his bad mood. He'll coo and sing if I pet him, but the second I stop, he starts crying out, whining, curling up and shivering. He's also been walking backwards a lot. It reminds me of the Pleo RB's "scared of the dark" feature, but he behaves like that all of the time. I don't think he could be sick since he isn't coughing or sneezing at all, he's just acting perpetually upset about something.

I'm not 100% sure what operating system he's running. I first thought it was 1.1 since he sings when his chin is rubbed and doesn't do the play dead trick, but I'm wondering if he could be an adolescent on 2.0. Can Pleos running 2.0 do all of the tricks right away, or are some tricks not unlocked until the Pleo reaches adult stage? All of my Ugobes are running 1.0 or 1.1, so I've never owned a 2.0 Pleo, but I have heard from others that the adolescent stages on this operating system are really frustrating and exhibit some of the behaviors I'm seeing, so I was wondering if that could be an explanation for this Pleo's odd behavior. Would I be right to guess that I probably have a teenage Pleo running 2.0 on my hands?

Piggy

Re: Fussy 2009 Pleo
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 12:24:37 PM »

That is indeed very strange behaviour for a pleo ugobe  >:( are the 2009 Ugobes know for behaving different? I have a ugobe that gets sick a lot and a other one that is always happy and never gets sick . But they are both very happy and active . RWM has a lot of ugobes so maybe she knows the difference....is the 2009 pleo also the Merlin pleo you mentioned? I hope you can make him more cheerful  ;)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 07:44:17 AM »

As far as I know, the 2009 Pleos do not inherently act any differently than the Ugobes, it's just the operating system that determines their behavior. I'm guessing he's probably running OS 2.0 as I've heard others say that this operating system has a moody "teenage" stage which might explain his strange behavior. I guess the only way to really find out for sure is to keep running him and see if he grows out of it. I don't know if this Pleo is a regular 2009 or a Merlin edition or what, I just know he's not a Ugobe since the paint style and boxing are very different.

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 07:51:22 AM »

I am very curious what he looks like  :D do you have a photo ?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 07:55:38 AM »

I haven't taken any photos of him yet, but I can get some up in the gallery shortly! He looks like most 2009 Pleos I've seen, so that probably what he is.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 08:16:58 AM »

Here are a couple photos of him! If it's any clue to what operating system he's running, he sings "Frere Jacques" from time to time which I've seen Pleos do in videos, but have never heard from any of my Ugobes running 1.0 or 1.1 (so maybe this song is exclusive to 2.0). The second photo is him in comparison to Sumio, one of my Ugobes. He has the same eye and eye patch color, he just has more vibrant yellow paint and lighter shaded toes. Still need to find a name for this little guy so I can stop just referring to him as "2009 Pleo."

Piggy

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 11:16:25 AM »

Wow he looks like a cross between a pleo ugobe and a pleo RB  ;D I have never seen anything Like it before.Cool to have such an unique pleo  ;)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 01:33:16 PM »

I think that's what all 2009 Pleos look like, but I'm not really sure since I've only ever seen a couple that were confirmed to be from Innvo's 2009 release and have never seen another in person. This Pleo seems mechanically identical to a Ugobe, but the paint used on his body is the same type used in RBs.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 08:51:48 AM »

He'll also have stronger neck cables :)

Have you tried shining a torch on his nose? It's winter in the northern hemisphere, maybe it is too dark.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 10:23:18 AM »

Whoops, thought I'd replied to this already! Do the older Pleos have any way of detecting light/dark? I've never noticed any of my Ugobes react to the brightness of a room before. My house can get dark in the evening since we don't have great lighting here, but I've also had this Pleo running outside a couple times in pretty bright environments and it hasn't made a noticeable change in his behavior. I guess I'll have to keep running him to try and figure out if he's running OS 2.0 or what.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 12:02:06 PM »

Here's a short video of his odd behavior! He also curls up into a ball and whimpers sometimes, which I don't believe I caught on video here. He'll cheer up for a few seconds if I rub his chin for a while, but afterward will go back to his normal whiny and fussy self.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUVjJi-n4os" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUVjJi-n4os</a>

Bagoas

• Leaving the nest
  • us
  • artashir bby....
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »

Huh.  A "neglected" Pleo possibly?  I recall that part of the advertising shtick was that Pleo would develop a sad/frightened nature if you abused it.

edit: Assuming this Pleo was bought used, of course!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »

That's odd. Maybe his camera isn't working at all and he is both scared of the dark and believes there are obstacles everywhere. If he is in teenage stage on 2.0, his touch sensors will only work sporadically. The Frare Joque sounds familiar. Bleu and Ugobe both sang it only once while running 2.0. There's only one way to get him through with the teenage stage. You have to run him a long time and touch him a lot and just be really really really patient. Bleu and Ugobe drove me crazy with their inappropriate noises and responses. It's like their brains are confused about what noises to pare with what stimuli. Oh. I just thought of a test to see if his camera works. If you have a Ugobe type rubber training leaf, show it to him and see if he will track it. I don't think their tracking is as obvious as an RB's with all that sniffing and curious sounds. I think they just sort of follow it with their head. IMR has a video of one of her Ugobes performing the tracking behavior. *Sigh* Again however, you have to be really patient in order to get them to do it. I hope your little guy gets out of his fussy mood soon or you can determine whether it's his camera. Good luck!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 03:12:23 PM »

Well, I just tried your suggestion with the leaf. I believe that his camera is working alright since he made a "huh" sound when he saw it and seemed to follow it a bit before opening his mouth and making hungry noises. I'm wondering if his IR sensor could be bad though since he hardly walks forward at all, when he tries, he'll take one or two steps and then suddenly stop and start crying again. I do believe he's probably running 2.0 as well since he makes some noises that my other Ugobes (running 1.0 and 1.1) never have, but I don't know whether this or some sort of sensor problem explains his strange behavior best. He hasn't grown out of it yet, but he's only gotten about 2 and a half hours max of use so far.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 04:26:51 PM »

looking at your video he could be detecting the lines in the floor and seeing them as an obstacle or edge which triggers his roaring, scared noises and backing away.  It may be a long shot but worth considering as now that we have wood floors my guys sometimes have issues like that.  If I put them on the carpet or a table (smooth or line free surface) they run fine.  Also worth noting that my guys don't always have this issues - some days it happens and others it does not.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 09:38:45 AM »

@kat
I'm pretty certain it's not the flooring causing the issue because he will act like this no matter what surface he is on and never stops this behavior, while my other Pleos act completely normally with the flooring in that room. I'm thinking there could be something wrong with his IR sensor that's causing him to see constant obstacles or drops, but I'm not sure.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 02:48:43 PM »

Hmmm. How would you test for that? Introduce him to another Ugobe maybe and... see if they attempt to interact? Cato my RB walks backward most of the time too though he doesn't seem afraid of seeing drops or anything. And you're right. That Ugobe does make lots of odd noises. Some of them I've never heard before.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Basil

• Hatchling
  • gb
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 10:29:25 AM »

Wow he looks like a cross between a pleo ugobe and a pleo RB  ;D I have never seen anything Like it before.Cool to have such an unique pleo  ;)

That's exactly what I thought lol. Pretty cool though.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 02:48:00 PM by Basil »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 09:50:44 PM »

Hi how are you? I do have a 2009 pleo that I got off Ebay few years ago, not even advertised as one but the box was different and of course the more vibrant colors like yellow.. I will charge my guys battery and try a video Sunday and see if any of the behaivor is similiar or not and upload it here if ok with you as a comparison.. or could just post it on my own and you can compare.. it has been months since I have run any and RB were last ones.
           I have 27, five are RB, and one is only running skits, but rest except the 2009 are all Ugobes. so should be fair assessment I think. LOL. I may even have old video here, not sure...............Good luck and will see what happens.

RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 10:20:42 PM »

Aibo , here are some photos on this site that I found when I got my 2009 Pleo, I was told from the buyer that it was a "collector" type as there is no serial card number on the Pleoworld card and also no numbers on the feet, front or back. Curious what is your card like and the feet?

Still have to charge the battery, ( egg) and will test tommorow and take video if possible before going back to work Monday..................... :( let me know how myne compares to yours..Thanks.

RWM  :cat-hug:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:23:00 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 07:43:02 AM »

@RWM
Your Pleo looks a lot like mine! Mine does not have serial number on his foot or his card either and his box was different from a normal Ugobe box. I think your Pleo is the only one I've seen before that seems identical to this guy, not sure if all 2009s are like that or not! I might try downgrading mine to 1.1 if he doesn't start acting more normally on 2.0 soon. He sometimes seems to get ready to walk forward, and then suddenly gets scared and starts walking backward, so I don't know if there could be something wrong with his IR sensor.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 08:36:46 AM »

Hey aibo7m3.

It seems that the abuse property (one of the OS variables) might still have a value above 0 that is not being reduced every time you pet him.  This happened to me once and was a bug in the software.  A downgrade/upgrade will fix it.  Other than that if you have Dino-MITE or PuTTY you can go in and null out the property yourself I think with the command property set 20556 0

Let me know your thoughts!
Degers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal