Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serial Numbers of 2009 Pleos  (Read 7881 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Serial Numbers of 2009 Pleos
« on: December 21, 2016, 03:39:54 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm curious whether any of the 2009/Innvo Pleos (not the RB) sold had serial numbers. I know that RWM got a Pleo a while back that was believed to be a prototype at first, partially due to having no serial number, but I think was later found to be a 2009 Pleo. (Not certain about this.) Anyway, just like RWM's Pleo, the one I just bought off of eBay as a Christmas present for myself has no serial number on its foot or ID card. Was there just a batch released without serial numbers or are all 2009 Pleos missing their serial numbers? I'm pretty sure the Pleo I have is a 2009 one, but to be certain, is it true that the 2009 Pleos have yellowish paint like the Pleo RBs and much lighter shading on their feet? And is it normal for the box and manuals to still say "A Ugobe Life Form" in some areas?
Thanks!

Edit:
Huh, not sure why this is in General Robotics. That wasn't the forum I tried to post it in, but I may have made a mistake. A mod/admin is welcome to move this!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 04:19:10 PM by aibo7m3 »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Serial Numbers of 2009 Pleos
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 08:51:54 AM »

All pleos should have serial numbers.    Or better said, all pleos HAD serial numbers when manufactured, even 2009 models and Merlin editions.  That's not to say that the serial number hasn't come off the foot (or been wiped off/removed).  You should still be able to get the serial number by using dino-mite.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:05:00 AM »

I haven't tried using dino-mite, but I don't think this Pleo ever had a printed serial number. I could understand the sticker falling off his foot, but his ID card has no serial number printed on it.

Edit:
Also, is there a way to tell apart the Merlin Pleos from the regular 2009 ones? Still not 100% certain which type this new Pleo is.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:28:19 AM by aibo7m3 »

Esteban

• Hatchling
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): Dino
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 08:03:03 AM »

I haven't tried using dino-mite, but I don't think this Pleo ever had a printed serial number. I could understand the sticker falling off his foot, but his ID card has no serial number printed on it.

Edit:
Also, is there a way to tell apart the Merlin Pleos from the regular 2009 ones? Still not 100% certain which type this new Pleo is.

I ALSO FOUND THE SERIAL NUMBER IN MY PLEO OF 2006. IN HIS FOOT HAVE A NUMBER BUT DOES NOT ADMIT IT TO REGISTER IT
I NEED HELP MY PLEO IS DEAD

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 06:21:55 PM »

Can you give us more information about your Pleo and what exactly is happening with it. Preferably in your own thread so we can help you better.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal