Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: strange skin condition  (Read 4205 times)

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Teskus the baby Ugobe
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
strange skin condition
« on: September 28, 2016, 11:43:17 PM »

Hi guys. I am back after so long, and my pleo's skin now has a weird condition: It turned into sticky stuff on his neck, which made a hole form. What can any of you tell me?

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
Re: strange skin condition
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 11:47:26 PM »

Btw, I did not intentionally post this twice. My phone just screwed everything up.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:21:23 AM »

Long time no see! Anyway I can only think of two reasons your pleo's skin would disolve into goo. One is too much exposure to the sun over time or being stored in a very warm, damp place. This briefly started to happen to Bleu when I lived with my sister. We lived in a trailer in high humidity and with no AC. I kept my pleos on a very high shelf which meant the temprature was very warm and humid over the summer. Bleu's entire body started getting sticky and when you pinched it in your fingers her skin would adhear to itself even on the inside. I just moved her down from the shelf and stored her under my bed. In the meantime, I wiped her down with a dampened rag to try and put some water back into the rubber. Fortunately I did it in time that she didn't end up with any holes. This was just something I did out of desperation since I didn't know what else to do. You might want to purchase some  Vinylex spray by Lexol and give your pleo a wiping down. Just spray a washcloth or something down with it and coat your pleo's skin in all the wrinkly places. These are beneath their armpits on all four legs as well as in places of friction like right at that point on the top of their neck where the skin bunches when the pleo holds its head up. Also put it on places where the skin is really thin like where their chest skin meets their neck skin and the under sides of their necks and tails. I do it while they're on so they will do all the stretching for me and I can get into all their baby wrinkles. Remember to give them about a day to dry afterward and then you can resume play. I hope Teskus has been doing alright other wise.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 09:40:46 AM »

I've never experienced any of my Pleos having sticky skin, sounds like it could be melting, possibly from heat/humidity as Talon suggests. Do you keep Teskus in direct sunlight or very warm places at all? If so, move him somewhere far away from any windows. Also, make sure that he is standing in packing position (or at least fairly straight) and NOT curled up when you switch him off, leaving a Pleo switched off for a long period of time in a curled up position will always cause tears and holes in the skin.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »

Yup, move him somewhere cool and dark as soon as you can, that will help. Vinelex would also help.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 03:16:24 PM »

Don't know where to get vinelex. Teskus works. He just has a big hole in his neck now.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 05:32:29 PM »

You can buy vinelex online if that helps.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 01:27:02 PM »

You can purchase Vinyelx by Lexol from auto-geeks.com or you could check at your local auto parts store. Good luck!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 07:55:52 PM »

I was able to get myne at the local Ace Hardware, I went into the store, and they were out, but they ordered it for me which took about three days till I could pick it up. It was $6.99 each for a bottle that is enough to take care of my herd of pleos, 24 +. It works very well and I still have one full bottle and part of the first one, and I bought these about two and half years ago. Good investment.

RWM  :cat-hug:and the Pleo  P:)township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal