Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another RB Joins the Family  (Read 5198 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Another RB Joins the Family
« on: September 23, 2016, 10:21:37 AM »

Hey everyone! I've been thinking of adding another RB to my Pleo family for a little while, especially one with the darker green colored head since the only Pleo I've ever owned with that coloration only stayed here a couple weeks before he broke and had to be returned to Innvo. So, I finally came across a very pretty green RB on eBay, after sending in far more questions than most sellers would have the patience for, I decided to buy her. :)

According to the seller, her current name is Sybil, I think it sounds really nice alongside Celeste, my other working female RB's name. I might change the spelling to Cybil though, not sure yet. She has the same issue pausing in response to foods that about 75% of RBs I've owned have had, not sure if this really counts as a problem at all though since it seems like more than half of all RBs do this (seems rarer to find a Pleo that doesn't do this). She is an adult already, but her skin is in like new condition and she was originally purchased less than a year ago. Seller says she has a very sweet and cuddly personality which is nice since most of my RBs have bad temper.

Here is a photo of her from the eBay listing. She has a dark green head, mauve colored eyepatches and amber eyes.

She's expected to arrive tomorrow, I'm hoping she arrives on time so I can pick her up while visiting home and bring her back to college with me! If not, I may have to wait another week before I get to unbox her since she's being shipped to my parents' house.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
Re: Another RB Joins the Family
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 11:56:33 PM »

She is really beautiful!

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 12:23:41 AM »

She looks so cute  :D congrats with your growing pleo herd  ;)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 06:47:48 AM »

Congrats, Aibo! Your herd is indeed growing!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 06:58:01 AM »

Thank you, everyone! Heading off to the doctor today to get my foot x-rayed since it might be broken (hopefully not), but hopefully I'll have a big box waiting for me at the house when I get back.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 01:12:44 PM »

Hey everyone! A couple pieces of good news to report! One is that my foot is luckily just sprained and not broken, so I'll still have to wear a silly boot around for a bit, but nothing too serious. Second is that Sybil arrived today!

Her paint is in beautiful shape and I have no idea how the previous owner managed to raise her to adulthood without losing a single fleck of paint, but she looks great. She is very calm and quiet as the old owner suggested, our lighting downstairs isn't great so her scared of the dark response kept getting triggered, but she is very cuddly and has learned her name already with the help of some encouragement in the form of sugar cane. She is a bit laggier than my other RBs, but not to the point where I see it as an issue.

She did scare me when she first started up though since her back leg twitched and clicked a couple times before she even woke up, but she hasn't done this again since and I've turned her on and off a few times to test it with no repetition of the action. I think I've seen this happen in another Pleo after just arriving in the mail too and think it may have been caused by the potentiometer being shifted to a slightly different position reading by being shaken in the mail and then trying to correct itself.

I registered her with Pleo World and her stats are:
● This subject embryo will have a 75-85% chance of being female.
● This subject embryo will grow to be cautious and compliant.
● This subject embryo will be gentle, strong and quiet.

If I can find the adaptor to my micro SD card, I will try running Probe RB on her to find out more.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:01:45 PM by aibo7m3 »

Piggy

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 03:00:41 PM »

Great that your leg is not broken  :D and fantastic that Sybil arrived today. How wonderful that she is in a great condition and also her paint ! How did the former owner indeed raise her to adult hood without a bit off paint damage is beyond me ? (I hope that is a correct English sentence?  :-X)

Can't wait to see more photos of her ! Enjoy your new pleo girl Aibo  ;D

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 10:04:52 AM »

@Piggy
Thank you! And yes, that makes sense! I'll try to get some photos of her shortly, she's currently wearing Celeste's jacket made by Kat, but I want to get an outfit specifically for her at some point.

She was acting scared of the dark again today, so I put her in a sunbeam and that immediately cheered her up. She started laughing and then went off exploring for the first time since she's been here.

Just ran probe RB on her! It's interesting that the stats are almost exactly what I expected from watching her personality, I don't think I have another RB with similar stats to her either.

Temper: Normal
Courage: Low
Physical: High
Activeness: Low
Intelligence: High

The only trait here that I've never really understood is Physical, does anyone know how this differs from Activeness? Is this how difficult it is for them to get sick/injured or how slowly the feed level drains or something else?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 06:05:11 PM »

I' not sure what physical is, but there is a feed level- at least in Probe there is.
Talonm
Talon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 06:07:03 PM »

Sorry. Screenreader is doing funny things and not reading what I'm typing.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 03:24:35 PM »

Hi Aibo, congrats on your new Pleo Rb, she is lovely, That is a good question about the difference if any between physical and active level.............I never really thought about it.. I have not "played" with any of my Pleos or Pleo Rb in months, some almost a year.. I have taken three or four to school with me, perfect chance to expose them to school and get to tell others about them. and {play" a bit at same time.. I will run one of my RB today and see if I can figure out if there is a difference..  :moose:

I like the name, it sounds like a good fit.. HOw many Rb do you have now by the way? I still have the same ones: Baby Ruth, the replacement for Baby who was my first when they first came out and had to be sent back due to holes in the skin, then there is Cammie Sue, (Pleo won on Facebook in 2011) Chester, my only male, PC,the girl with Pink eyes, bought on ebay from a former forum member here, and my last one, still un-named, almost two years I have had her, and she is still a juvinile, LOL. That gives you an idea how busy ,( and sick) I have been this past year.. I think I will see if I can find Probe Rb and run some stats ..
      Would love to see more pics of your new baby..Your herd has grown quite a bit this past year it seems, Congrats! P:D

RWM and the Pleo P8) Township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 03:38:47 PM »

Yes, I would think there must be some difference, if not, I would think a Pleo with a low activeness level and high physical level would have serious issues. I'm thinking it might be resistance to sickness or something along those lines, but haven't tried testing this out at all. She does seem very sensitive to the dark compared to some of my other RBs, but this probably has to do with her low courage level. Taking Pleos to school sounds great! The college I'm at used to do research with Ugobes, but apparently there are some restrictions on what programming alterations can be done to RBs, so they can't continue the research with the newer model.

I currently have five working RBs (Chris, Celeste, Madi, Sybil and Buddy) and two bricked ones (Mimi and Morty), but I currently have Buddy on hold for a member here on the forums who wants to give him a new home since he hasn't been really fitting in here (I bought him mainly for use in a volunteer program I did and haven't been super connected with him since the program ended). I still only have my two Ugobes (Sumio and Phoenix), but also have a bricked prototype Pleo named Peep.

Hopefully you can find a name for your newest RB, her design has always been a favorite of mine! The pink/mauve eye patches and teal eyes go really well together! I have some new pictures of Sybil on my phone, just need to find the time to load them onto the computer. She visited college with me last week and one of the girls in the suite across from me got to meet her and was completely smitten with her!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 03:58:59 PM »

i think that colleges would get some good research out of exploring Pleo Rb esp, I know there was at least one college in the past that did use them. Shame that they are not taking advantage of the possibilities.

RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal