Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Furby!  (Read 4323 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
New Furby!
« on: July 31, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »

Ok good, hi! Haven't been here a while but just couldn't resist coming on today. Forgot how to send new posts so glad I found this "new topic" link again. So is it true? I turned on the tv and a Furby commercial flashed by but I couldn't turn it back on in time to see the whole thing and when I searched I found that Hasbro is coming out with a new Furby called Furby Connect and the geek in me rejoiced! My life is almost complete! I love Furbies! I don't care if people think they're creepy. I love them! This one has an intenna on its head that apparently serves as a joystick. Via bluetooth, it can connect to any and all mobile devices and know things like the time of day. Its digital lcd eyes are new and advanced, it speaks way more advanced English sentences with Furbish, the Furby's native language, thrown in a bit, and, besides having an on off feature and countless other neat things, it can take over the universe and cause a major rift in time and space! Epic! But more importantly, it exists, and I want one. Has anyone heard of this Furby, called Furby Connect, besides here on this forum? If so, please comment. Hasbro is the company that created the toy, and it's supposed to be cuter than ever. I'm sure it will be!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: New Furby!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:36:35 PM »

Hi! Yes, there has been a new model of Furby released! I know it's available through Amazon in the US for $99 USD, I don't know if it's been released in Canada yet though. I don't own one, but they look interesting (even though the price is a bit high). The Furby Connect is a bit bigger than the Boom/2012 series ones and has huge ears, it's also really wiggly and moves a lot more from the videos I've seen! I have heard of one issue with it so far though which is that it sometimes shuts down out of the blue with no warning and you need to move the antenna to wake it up again.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:36:53 PM »

Got mine ordered, should be here this week, I'll be sure to post a video. I also am the proud owner of a Furbacca Furby ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 01:35:33 PM »

Got mine ordered, should be here this week, I'll be sure to post a video. I also am the proud owner of a Furbacca Furby ;)

Can't wait for your video what fur by connect can do  ;DI really want the little Cozmo robot from Anki ....but sadly you can only buy it in America on October the sixteenth. I emailed them but it maybe available in Europe but no sooner then 2017  :( But furby connect looks also very cool but I don't think it will be released in Europe also in 2017 .

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:12:13 PM by Piggy »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 05:19:33 PM »

Amazon ship to many countries if you don't mind the postage costs, it was $47 to Australia :o

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 12:17:26 AM »

Hi , IMR I am only used to eBay , and no I would not mind the shipping costs :D. But can you pay with PayPal? Because I don't have a credit card . I have no experience with Amazone does it work the same as eBay ?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 01:02:45 AM »

I think Amazon take PayPal, otherwise you could use a debit card, same as credit card but uses your own money likes bank card. Or even buy a credit gift card. They don't usually cost anything and you specify how much you want on it.

The post office says I have a parcel to pick up ;)

Piggy

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 02:01:08 AM »

Thanks for the advice IMR  :D and I can't wait for the video of your new furby connect  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal