Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe program  (Read 9962 times)

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
Ugobe program
« on: May 12, 2016, 02:35:07 PM »

Which program Do I need to program an Ugobe? We tried to upload a program of the forum, but the Ugobe does not react on the SD card. No beeps or anything. Is there something we forgot?

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
Re: Ugobe program
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 02:46:28 PM »

Maybe i am totally wrong but what about Dinomite ?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 03:45:09 PM »

What exactly do you want to do with the Ugobe? Do you want to set it to hatchling or perform a pre-programmed dance or are you trying to experiment with programming?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 07:20:21 AM »

Maybe i am totally wrong but what about Dinomite ?

What exactly is Dinomite? Is that a program where you can re-program a pleo? And how do I get it?

We got 2 PLeo Ugobe's from someone (second handed, like on Ebay) and we think that there is a demo version on them because they were in a box. Besides, they don't do that much except for sleeping.
So I've downloaded the Pleo Ugobe Reset file (1.0) and the 1.1, 1.1.1 and the 2.0.1 versions and tried all of them.
But they respond on none of them.

At first we thought the SD card capacity was to big (8GB) so now we have an 1GB card. But again, they won't respond on the software.
When you insert the card they do nothing and all.
When you take out the card and then turn them on, they just do their stuff.

That is so weird and frustrating. Especially when I read that other people can reset theirs.

Can someone give us advice, or are we just doomed with all these pleo's which get broken all the time?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 09:13:50 AM »

Are you sure the batteries are holding a full charge? If they are the green batteries, the pleos are probably going to sleep because the batteries aren't strong enough to keep them going.
As far as their not accepting software, you might just have a couple display models that- for whatever reason- will not accept a complete pleo OS. Honestly I'm not sure about the software thing. This is only a guess.
I can also answer your question about Dinomite. It's just a diagnostic tool but I'm not exactly sure what it does.
Talon
Talon

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 12:58:29 PM »

The battery is fully charged, this battery came from the charger. This battery works for almost 2 houres.

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »

Sorry I thought Dinomite was to program on Pleo. Therefore I read the interview of Derek Dotson who said that Pleos are open software. Are they ?

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 12:35:23 PM »

Ugobe had hoped to make pleo a platform for robotic and AI development, but they never followed through.  No source code was ever released.  There is a Pleo Development Kit which allows you to do some basic pleo programming, but no, the Pleo OS is not open source.   When Ugobe went bankrupt, all the intellectual property, including the code, was bought by Innvo Labs.   Innvo Labs has never released any of the code or pursued the idea of using Pleo as a robotic platform for others to build on.

Dinomite is a program than can be used to monitor or check on the internal working of the original pleo.  It can be used to help determine if sensors or motors are functioning.  It does not allow you to program the pleo.

MySkit is a program that allows you to do some pseudo-programming of the pleo.   It allows you to create or replace movements and sounds that can be triggered by sensors.  As the name implies, it is primarily intended to create skits or modifications to existing behaviors.   It is not intended for any type of real programming.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 12:57:43 PM »

Ugobe had hoped to make pleo a platform for robotic and AI development, but they never followed through.  No source code was ever released.  There is a Pleo Development Kit which allows you to do some basic pleo programming, but no, the Pleo OS is not open source.   When Ugobe went bankrupt, all the intellectual property, including the code, was bought by Innvo Labs.   Innvo Labs has never released any of the code or pursued the idea of using Pleo as a robotic platform for others to build on.

Dinomite is a program than can be used to monitor or check on the internal working of the original pleo.  It can be used to help determine if sensors or motors are functioning.  It does not allow you to program the pleo.

MySkit is a program that allows you to do some pseudo-programming of the pleo.   It allows you to create or replace movements and sounds that can be triggered by sensors.  As the name implies, it is primarily intended to create skits or modifications to existing behaviors.   It is not intended for any type of real programming.

Thank you for your replie.
Then I think the pleo's we have are just srewed. I have been told that the pleo ugobe can only read 1GB or 128 MB SD cards. Now I have both sizes, but on none of them they react.
Even when the SD card is connected without the micro sd card inside, it doesn't do a thing. When the SD card is unplugged it starts within 5 seconds.

Anyhow, thanks for your time!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 05:01:39 PM »

I'm not sure if this will help or not but what about trying to update the pleos through their USB cable. The files and instructions are here on the forums. It sounds like something has corrupted their flash systems? *Stares questioningly at computer screen* But I am honestly not sure. I have never attempted a USB update myself since there is no way- as far as I know- that you can tell if the entire update has installed since the pleo isn't being powered by the battery. I wouldn't give up just yet though. There is more than one way to fix stuff like this, it's just a matter of figuring it out. Good luck!
Talon
Talon

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Such a shame not to be allowed to program ourselves. It would be very useful for broken Pleos :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal